The Ever Changing Resort PTR, June 2016...Completed!

I so want to do Club Villain!
I went back to quote this because, have you seen the post on the "Club Villain" thread on the Theme Parks forum about them dismantling CV at the end of this month :sad: I'm SO hoping it isn't true but the poster the info came from is very knowledgeable when it comes to behind the scenes stuff, unfortunately.

So I did a trial run with one of my skorts today! It was Field Day at school and I wore the blue one and I loved it! It felt like I barely had anything on it was so comfortable! I'm very confident I made great choices with the skorts!
Great to hear! I'm wanting to try mine out too but the weather isn't cooperating. We'll have one day in the mid-70's and then it's right back to 60, which is still too chilly for me to wear a skort!

Oh and I found out one of my ex-boyfriends and his family with be at Disney at the same time as us AND they have the exact same park days as us. One - no bigger, I found out bc we are FB friends and two - we probably won't even see each other. But seriously, what are the odds??
LoL weird!! I'm betting you run into each other multiple times EACH DAY :rotfl:

I went back to quote this because, have you seen the post on the "Club Villain" thread on the Theme Parks forum about them dismantling CV at the end of this month :sad: I'm SO hoping it isn't true but the poster the info came from is very knowledgeable when it comes to behind the scenes stuff, unfortunately.
Oh no! That stinks!

Great to hear! I'm wanting to try mine out too but the weather isn't cooperating. We'll have one day in the mid-70's and then it's right back to 60, which is still too chilly for me to wear a skort!
We've been up to high 80's, maybe low 90's here. But weirdly enough, we have a cold front coming through so we are upper 70's/low 80's this week.

LoL weird!! I'm betting you run into each other multiple times EACH DAY :rotfl:
Now that I think about, you're probably right!

We've been up to high 80's, maybe low 90's here. But weirdly enough, we have a cold front coming through so we are upper 70's/low 80's this week.
Normally by this time we're at least in the 70's during the day and no lower than 50's at night. But it's been much colder so far with many days only reaching 60 and we're still getting low 40's at night. Again normally I've put away the boys' long pants by now, but Ricky's wearing sweats to school today (the fancy ones the teens wear - "joggers" - I hate them) and Chris has long pants on today too, and they both will wear shorts well into chilly weather. But this morning started off in the high 30's :cold:

Editing to add my sister is in Alpharetta, Ga. and says she's been sweating her butt off!

Normally by this time we're at least in the 70's during the day and no lower than 50's at night. But it's been much colder so far with many days only reaching 60 and we're still getting low 40's at night. Again normally I've put away the boys' long pants by now, but Ricky's wearing sweats to school today (the fancy ones the teens wear - "joggers" - I hate them) and Chris has long pants on today too, and they both will wear shorts well into chilly weather. But this morning started off in the high 30's :cold:

Editing to add my sister is in Alpharetta, Ga. and says she's been sweating her butt off!
Wow! I forgot where you guys live??

Yes, its most definitely been hot so this week's weather is actually very nice! And nice on my pocketbook (air conditioning won't have to run as much)!

So guys, I am in total freak out mode at work! Its always like this at the end of the year. Crunch time. We have so many assessments to give and grades to enter and paperwork to complete. Which takes away from my Dis and Disney trip planning time. Also my DH got a promotion at work and is now full time. He was working 3 part time jobs at sister companies but now he is full time at one, part time at another, and no longer working at the third. His hours during the week changed to 11am-7pm and then Friday night (til midnight) and Sat (9-3) he works his part time job. The new stuff is the evening Mon-Thurs, so I'll be taking care of the boys alone in the afternoon. No big deal or anything but just less help with my two under 5. AJ is a good helper with Will though and Will is getting semi-self sufficient so it won't be as hard as if he were doing this a year ago. And I actually have dealt with worse (he worked overnights when Will was born so it was me up every single night by myself with no help). Anyway, things will just be crazy for the next two weeks, then it will be Summer Break and all will be fine.

That week after school is over, which is the week before we leave, I'm going to post daily with some updated plans and photos of some of the things we have planned for the trip. It will be "in one week, we'll be doing this" type posts. So that should be fun.

Wondering what info will come out Friday about JB and anything else pertinent.

Also, I ordered Will a shirt from Disney yesterday and am still waiting on the most recent Target tanks I ordered the boys, my SW tank from Hot Topic and some Mickey sandal Crocs for Will I ordered from Zulily (I'm a tad worried about these coming in before we leave). But I think I better stop ordering soon because its getting close to the cut off for items to arrive on time.

Did I mention I bought Memory Maker and I ordered my Disney VISA rewards card? Mom and I are working out what we are going to order from Prime Pantry, the grocery store, and Prime Now. I'm so excited that Prime Now is available to deliver to the resorts. They deliver in one hour for 7.99 or in 2 hours for free! First order gets a $10 off credit! As for Pantry, I have a $5.99 credit so we are going to limit it to one box, and my mom has a coupon for the grocery delivery.

I think I mentioned I got travel toiletries from Target and a few items from Walmart.

Ok, I think that's enough rambling now because I need to start getting stuff done here at work this AM!

Thanks to those that are still tagging along.

Last edited:
My husband worked during the afternoons/evenings consistently until this past year and I remember how difficult it was having to do dinners and bath time and all of that stuff alone every night along with keeping up with my own responsibilities. However, I did enjoy the alone time with my kids and miss it sometimes now, since DH is now home every night. I cannot imagine the stress of the end of the school year time crunch for teachers! I'm glad you've got a Disney trip at the end of it waiting for you. Looking forward to those final countdown posts! Is it too optimistic to think that we may actually be able to finalize our plans after this Friday?

My husband worked during the afternoons/evenings consistently until this past year and I remember how difficult it was having to do dinners and bath time and all of that stuff alone every night along with keeping up with my own responsibilities. However, I did enjoy the alone time with my kids and miss it sometimes now, since DH is now home every night.
I do enjoy the time we have no alone (some of Saturdays and Sundays) because I am way more laid back than the hubs so I relax with the kids. It is hard because, like you mentioned, it is extra work to do it alone, but I'm sure I'll manage...especially for two weeks. When I go back to work in August, it will be a different story but they'll be even older then. Friday nights we always hang with my folks so its nice to have dinner and such with other adults! LOL
I cannot imagine the stress of the end of the school year time crunch for teachers! I'm glad you've got a Disney trip at the end of it waiting for you.
Yeh, its just a lot at once because obviously we are teaching as long as we can before we do all the end of the year stuff, so it all comes due at one time. However, it is kind of quick and dirty. And then it done and over with!

Looking forward to those final countdown posts! Is it too optimistic to think that we may actually be able to finalize our plans after this Friday?
Yes, I think the final posts will be fun to do! Ugh, if I bet money, I'd say no way on final plans. As a matter of fact, I'd bet that our plans won't be final AT ALL until our trips are complete, as we will be waiting to hear things while we are in Disney!:crazy2:

Sorry this reply is a little bit short but I'm headed out. My mom is being gracious enough to let me go home and walk on the treadmill and get a tad situated before I go get the boys so I need to make sure I am done and there when I promised. Its not a completely unfair trade off though, because my DH is now bringing the boys in the mornings later than she normally would have got them.

Yes, I think the final posts will be fun to do! Ugh, if I bet money, I'd say no way on final plans. As a matter of fact, I'd bet that our plans won't be final AT ALL until our trips are complete, as we will be waiting to hear things while we are in Disney!:crazy2:

I hate the fact that I'm almost certain you're right. I think I'm strongly leaning toward just deciding our plans are final as they are and we will see whatever we see and miss whatever we miss. Of course, now that I say that, they'll open Frozen Ever After while we're there and I'll end up moving heaven and earth to fit it in. Disgusted with myself lol.

I hate the fact that I'm almost certain you're right. I think I'm strongly leaning toward just deciding our plans are final as they are and we will see whatever we see and miss whatever we miss. Of course, now that I say that, they'll open Frozen Ever After while we're there and I'll end up moving heaven and earth to fit it in. Disgusted with myself lol.
You know I would too....or Soarin with the old film!

Now DHS got extended hours but fireworks only 3 days a week and the new ones are delayed.....I hate the word delayed right now!

You know I would too....or Soarin with the old film!

Now DHS got extended hours but fireworks only 3 days a week and the new ones are delayed.....I hate the word delayed right now!

Yep. No fireworks for either of our DHS days and I'm not changing them at this point. Oh well!

Yep. No fireworks for either of our DHS days and I'm not changing them at this point. Oh well!
I don't blame you. Maybe they'll add more. I am worried about trying to see them on our DHS night (Friday 6/10 PM EMH)as we have F! scheduled, so we may cut Disney Springs short on Wednesday and go back to DHS for FW.

Ok, so now that the DHS fireworks schedule released, I'm making some changes again! Not too terribly much but we will be going to DHS one more night to accommodate watching the fireworks. Our full DHS day is Friday 6/10 - both a fireworks and PM EMH night. We have a F! Dining pkg booked so we are definitely doing F! that night. I don't want to have to rush out of there to try to get a good fireworks spot on a night I think will be incredibly busy. So we are going on Wednesday night after our T-Rex dinner. It will cut short our Disney Springs evening - though hopefully we'll have enough time to grab a Sprinkles cupcake and/or something from Ghiradelli. I think I'll just come over to DS early, during the boys nap time and do my shopping and my parents can bring the boys over in time for our ADR. Then we'll head over to DHS for the fireworks.

Ok, so now that the DHS fireworks schedule released, I'm making some changes again! Not too terribly much but we will be going to DHS one more night to accommodate watching the fireworks. Our full DHS day is Friday 6/10 - both a fireworks and PM EMH night. We have a F! Dining pkg booked so we are definitely doing F! that night. I don't want to have to rush out of there to try to get a good fireworks spot on a night I think will be incredibly busy. So we are going on Wednesday night after our T-Rex dinner. It will cut short our Disney Springs evening - though hopefully we'll have enough time to grab a Sprinkles cupcake and/or something from Ghiradelli. I think I'll just come over to DS early, during the boys nap time and do my shopping and my parents can bring the boys over in time for our ADR. Then we'll head over to DHS for the fireworks.

I'm impressed with your ability to adjust your plans so quickly and efficiently. My mouth is watering thinking of the Ghirardelli...may have to plan a detour over there myself.

I'm impressed with your ability to adjust your plans so quickly and efficiently. My mouth is watering thinking of the Ghirardelli...may have to plan a detour over there myself.
Honestly, I think I just lucked out! Who'd have thunk it, that I would have a semi-available fireworks-scheduled night just ripe for the taking? :)

Of course, as I pointed out to Mom, if we'd have had any kind of advanced notice, we could've switched our Monday DHS morning with our Wednesday Disney Springs evening and we wouldn't have to be running around like a chicken with our heads cut off.

Stinkin' Disney! And yes, I say that semi-lovingly! *rolls eyes*

That's good that you're able to work it out pretty easily to get the fireworks in and also keep some DS shopping time :thumbsup2 The HS fireworks are another thing I have worked into my schedule for Nov. in my head but have to just hope they actually occur when I want them to lol. When we were there in Jan. they were happening every night, too bad they don't keep it that way.
I've never had a cupcake from Sprinkles but I LOVE Ghiardelli :love: I hope you get one or the other!

That's good that you're able to work it out pretty easily to get the fireworks in and also keep some DS shopping time :thumbsup2 The HS fireworks are another thing I have worked into my schedule for Nov. in my head but have to just hope they actually occur when I want them to lol. When we were there in Jan. they were happening every night, too bad they don't keep it that way.
Yes, I'm so glad it was an easy fix!
I've never had a cupcake from Sprinkles but I LOVE Ghiardelli :love: I hope you get one or the other!
Me, either, on the Sprinkles cupcakes but I've heard good things. And if you sign up on their site you get a free one! I feel like this will be the trip of cupcakes! Haha. Good thing we will be walking them all off!

Ghiradelli is soooooo gooood!

Hey guys! I'll be back tomorrow morning to do an update based on all the new announcements and such. Wanted to do it last night - too much wine, then today - but I've been sick all day. Not sure if it's the flu, allergies, something I ate...but I've been sick to my stomach, achy, sneezing, runny nose, and incredibly tired all day. I made and ate some chocolate covered strawberries last night and that's when I started feeling sick, so who truly knows. I do know that last week kicked my butt so I was very run down. I'm not one to get sick but with being run down, it may have crept up on me.

I did hit the grocery store today but mostly I've just been lying around, or napping, took some meds, ate chicken soup and crackers, drinking ginger ale. Thank goodness my hubby doesn't work Sunday's anymore!

Really hoping this is a 24 hour thing bc I need to finish out this last week of school and finish getting ready for Disney the week after.

Hey guys! I'll be back tomorrow morning to do an update based on all the new announcements and such. Wanted to do it last night - too much wine, then today - but I've been sick all day. Not sure if it's the flu, allergies, something I ate...but I've been sick to my stomach, achy, sneezing, runny nose, and incredibly tired all day. I made and ate some chocolate covered strawberries last night and that's when I started feeling sick, so who truly knows. I do know that last week kicked my butt so I was very run down. I'm not one to get sick but with being run down, it may have crept up on me.

I did hit the grocery store today but mostly I've just been lying around, or napping, took some meds, ate chicken soup and crackers, drinking ginger ale. Thank goodness my hubby doesn't work Sunday's anymore!

Really hoping this is a 24 hour thing bc I need to finish out this last week of school and finish getting ready for Disney the week after.

Oh no! How did you do today? My son is sick as well. I had to go pick him up from school after he threw up all over the classroom. :crazy2: He showed no signs of it last night or this morning - will be sending his teacher a gift lol. I hope it passed quickly for you and you are able to finish out your last week of the year in good health. I feel like we're limping toward the finish line!

Oh no! How did you do today? My son is sick as well. I had to go pick him up from school after he threw up all over the classroom. :crazy2: He showed no signs of it last night or this morning - will be sending his teacher a gift lol. I hope it passed quickly for you and you are able to finish out your last week of the year in good health. I feel like we're limping toward the finish line!
Other than the allergy/sinus part, I did fine yesterday. As a matter of fact, I over bounced back and ate some pizza, Oreos, tortilla chips, had some wine...lol. I've been trying to be really good here at the end of the year...salads for dinner, no wine during the week, drinking only water....until the trip. But the end of the year is probably the worse time to try to do that just because of all the goodies and the stress! But I digress. LOL

Sorry your son is sick! My boys have been having allergy issues but no stomach problems. Hopefully he will get over it quickly, like me, and we will all be all healthy for Disney!

It is rough going on the trip right after school is over because of being rundown but because of crowds and weather, I feel like we have to go ASAP! We could've even gone earlier but I thought Memorial Day week might be too much. Next year I think we are going the exact same dates!

Last edited:
Finally Finalizing Plans!!

Ok, so obviously I didn't get the update out yesterday. It's just so crazy here at the end of school. We had tons of paperwork due last week so I thought this week would be easier but we still have lots to do. But the good news is, 2 more days with students, then 2 post-planning days, and then SUMMER BREAK!!

Hopefully I can remember everything that happened in the last few days! The first thing was that info about the Star Wars fireworks was posted - of course some of that has changed since then but the changes don't affect us. We will get the current fireworks - new ones start 6 days after we leave - and they are only scheduled Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. Our full DHS day is actually a Friday, however, I don't think that's a great day to try to see the fireworks. One - we have a F! pkg booked so we will be seeing F! that night and I really want to watch the whole thing from good seats instead of being at the top and running out at the end. Two - because it's an EMH and fireworks night, I think it will be packed with people trying to watch the fireworks.

So, I decided that Wednesday night, our planned Disney Springs night, we will have our dinner at T-Rex, maybe grab a cupcake at Sprinkles - though, have you seen the photos of that line??? - and/or something from Ghiradelli, take the boat back over to SSR to drop off the goodies and drive over to DHS for the fireworks. I'd love to do the dessert party that night, but I can't talk my parents into it. Oh well, I'll put it on the agenda for June 2017. I will probably go on over to DS early that day, while the boys nap, so I can do some shopping but we also will probably go back maybe Saturday before we head home so the boys can visit the Lego Store.

After all the other announcements that came on Friday, we know that along with the new SW fireworks, we will also miss FEA and the new stage show at MK. No big deal there. No one in my house is a Frozen fan except for me and I just like the movie...I'm not obsessed. We'll catch that stuff next June. We will get the Jungle Book show and the original Soarin' - and I am quite excited about that! I got up bright and early Saturday morning - 6am - after being up til after midnight the night before, just in case.

I tried to book the JB package as we were already planning to eat at TH and have an existing ressie. Unfortunately TH is booked solid on the date I was looking for and I'm not willing to move my plans around. I have heard of a few people canceling their current ressie and then it being available as the package and them rebooking right away, but I ended up getting a FP so I doubt I'll risk that. I cancelled our EE one to get the JB one but we have the extra FP that the WDW exec office gave us so those of us riding EE - probably just Dad and I unless AJ is tall enough - can just use it for that.

Speaking of EE....that's the one thing I am still waiting on! Is it going to be open during JB or not?? There are no late night FPs so I have no idea whats going on. Either it's not going to be open during JB, it will be standby only, or Disney is waiting to decide what to do. Hopefully, I'll find out from Memorial Day weekend and week reports so I can just finally put a cap on ALL of my planning.

One last thing at AK. I will keep my ear to the ground about this nighttime safari. I had heard not-so-great things about it from the media previews so my FP is scheduled at 7:25-8:25 before the JB show. However, if I hear they have improved it, I might move it to after the JB show. But that's it! I mean, I will remain fluid and open to any necessary changes throughout the trip but there's really nothing else I'm anticipating before we arrive.

Oh and I dropped our TT FP to book a Soarin' one. I probably didn't have to...we have the extra FP for that day, too. But I wanted the confirmed one to be for Soarin'. Most likely we won't have any problems using the anytime one - and we will use it for TT - but with Disney IT, anything is possible.

I had already decided what tanks I am going to wear each morning and evening while at Disney but I still had the boys to do. I took care of that Sunday. Here's my list:
IMG_4610.JPG
Now I just need to decide what bottoms to go with the shirts. I don't plan on bringing but a handful each and then washing a few times during the week as we will have a washer/dryer in the villa. I'll probably put the boys stuff in ziplocks, but that won't be until next week.

I got the last few items I was waiting on to be delivered.
IMG_4614.JPG
Will's Mickey sandal Crocs and his First Trip shirt!!

I also got myself an antenna topper and Chad a souvenir (yes, before we even leave for the trip...haha):IMG_4611.JPG
IMG_4612.JPG

So, I think that's all for now. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to come back and post. Starting Friday I am going to post my "In one week, we'll be doing this...." posts.

We leave in 10 days y'all! Disney in 11!!!

Thanks, in advance, for reading!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter