The Ever Changing Resort PTR, June 2016...Completed!

MK Sunday 6/5 continued

A trip back over to Frontierland for this:
image.jpeg
Then a short trip to Fantasyland for these:
image.jpeg image.jpeg
By this time we will be hungry, I'm sure. So we will hop back to here:
image.jpeg
Next up is another ride on this:image.jpegwhile Mom and Will hit this up again:
image.jpeg
Then we'll let the boys have some fun:
image.jpeg
and let them dry off here:
image.jpeg
and here (hoping Will is tall enough):
image.jpeg
Then a little character meet, if time:
image.jpeg

Continued in next post...

Last edited:
MK Sunday 6/5 continued

We will head over to the hub at this point and finish out the evening with these:
image.jpeg image.jpeg

And yes, I'm sure I'll cry! I'm glad I bought those travel packets of tissue!

After those beauties, we'll head back to SSR for a good night's rest. We won't be doing RD on Monday, but we have a 9:25 ADR to make...

Last edited:
Never seen the Welcome Show??? Oh, I am excited for you. No shame in crying. ;) Amazingly, I don't cry at the Welcome Show, but I do get all tingly feeling. However, I will absolutely cry over CtM and Wishes every time. Looks like a great day! I am so looking forward to pics from The Pirate League.

Never seen the Welcome Show??? Oh, I am excited for you. No shame in crying. ;) Amazingly, I don't cry at the Welcome Show, but I do get all tingly feeling. However, I will absolutely cry over CtM and Wishes every time. Looks like a great day! I am so looking forward to pics from The Pirate League.
I think it was going on last trip as I was trying to push through the crowds for an early Crystal Palace breakfast! So, no, I haven't really seen it! Nor have I seen Celebrate the Magic! I absolutely cannot wait!

Alpharetta is about an hour away. It is still a suburb of Atlanta but we are fairly spread out here. And the traffic is horrendous!
Before I visited my sister last Oct. she kept complaining about the traffic. I expected there to be some but OMG, that traffic made NYC traffic look fun :crazy2:

I'm so glad you plan to see the Welcome Show, I love that and make a point to try and see it at least once a trip-and I tear up every time ::yes:: It just makes me feel happy to be there and to be a part of something I feel is special. It makes any frustration with planning, Disney, arguing children, etc. go away :goodvibes

Off topic here, how do you get the pictures of like, the Waffle House logo and the Artist's Palette sign from Disney Food Blog in here? I'm sure it's very easy and I'll be like "duh", but I'm such a computer moron.......and I assume not all those ride sign pictures are yours, either :blush:

Before I visited my sister last Oct. she kept complaining about the traffic. I expected there to be some but OMG, that traffic made NYC traffic look fun :crazy2:
Yes, it's so bad around here! I work one town away and it takes me 25-35 minutes to go between my house and my school!

I'm so glad you plan to see the Welcome Show, I love that and make a point to try and see it at least once a trip-and I tear up every time ::yes:: It just makes me feel happy to be there and to be a part of something I feel is special. It makes any frustration with planning, Disney, arguing children, etc. go away :goodvibes
I absolutely cannot wait. We should be able to see it twice on this trip!

Off topic here, how do you get the pictures of like, the Waffle House logo and the Artist's Palette sign from Disney Food Blog in here? I'm sure it's very easy and I'll be like "duh", but I'm such a computer moron.......and I assume not all those ride sign pictures are yours, either :blush:
I google the images....for example "people mover ride sign", save the one I like best, then I use the "upload a file" to post it. Does that help?

This Time Next Week - DHS/Epcot Monday 6/6

This day we aren't doing rope drop, however we have a 9:25 ADR here:
image.jpeg
Should be yummy, I just need to figure out our parking and getting to DHS situation. @punkin413 gave me a suggestion and I saved it so I just need to read over it again!

So now that I've "spoiled" we are going to DHS - haha - here's our plans. First ride of the day for 4 of us will be:
image.jpeg
while Mom may try this instead:
image.jpeg
We will continue a split, with Dad and AJ headed here:
image.jpeg
while Mom, Will, and I hit up:
image.jpeg
Next we hope to use my Disney Visa for a quick meet and greet with this scary fella:
image.jpeg
Then we will head over to see a show with another type of beast:
image.jpeg
Last ride here for today is my fave:
image.jpeg
Definitely won't get Mom on....we'll have to see what AJ decides to do.

Last, but certainly not least, at DHS on this day is a stop here:
image.jpeg
where I'll be picking up one of these babies:
image.jpeg
I'm sure Mom will grab a Butterfinger one or something equally as yummy!

We'll head out for our break and then over to Epcot's World Showcase.

DHS/Epcot Monday 6/6 continued

We'll find some dinner here:
image.jpeg
then check out the rest of the American pavilion, along with the show.

We'll make our way over to this pavilion:
image.jpeg
and hop a ride on a boat:
image.jpeg

For the end of the evening, we will catch this stunning spectacular:

image.jpeg
before heading back to SSR for a good night's rest. And we do have a rope drop planned for the next day...

Ok, friends, no "this time next week" post tonight. I've been packing! And I'm exhausted. Did my last minute shopping today, had a doc appt, and sadly, had to have my cat put down. I'll post two updates tomorrow along with some packing photos!

Ok, friends, no "this time next week" post tonight. I've been packing! And I'm exhausted. Did my last minute shopping today, had a doc appt, and sadly, had to have my cat put down. I'll post two updates tomorrow along with some packing photos!

I'm so sorry about your cat! You definitely deserve the night off. Hope you and the family are managing ok.

I'm so sorry about your cat! You definitely deserve the night off. Hope you and the family are managing ok.
Thank you! I am just hoping I made the right decision. She was 15. She'd been with me longer than my husband, my kids, etc. but she wouldn't eat sometimes, and she was super skinny and she stopped going to the litter box and would just go wherever.

My biggest concern is my 4 yr old. He's not taking it well. I think this is the first time he understands death. It's a good life lesson but I feel helpless to help him. I've explained a lot and he knows a lot from going to church preschool, but I guess it's hard for him to process the emotions. He stayed with my parents last night, so hopefully he'll be fine today. We'll do some fun water stuff outside today and I'll have him help me finish packing to take his mind off.

Thanks again for the concern!

Packing

Ok, guys, I did massive amounts of clothes packing last night. I put all the boys outfits in zip locks and labeled them. I put my stuff in packing cubes. I need to figure out suitcases though. The huge one for all 3 of us, along with a small one for the first night in Lake City and Saturday's stuff? Or the medium and small for most of our stuff and a duffle for Fri/Sat? Ugh. I still need to do bathing suits, shoes, and toiletries.

Here's the construction zone:
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Oh and here's about how well I've been sleeping at night:
image.jpeg
I really want to go to bed early enough tonight and tomorrow night that I can take a melatonin. I don't want to be exhausted before we even get to Disney!

Next up: our AK day...

Last edited:
This Time Next Week - AK Tuesday 6/7

Ok, so we plan to hit AK
image.jpg
at rope drop Tuesday morning. First thing, we will head here:
image.jpg
Next up, is a show:
image.jpg
Then it will be time for some breakfast:
image.jpg
After that, we meet some bugs:
image.jpg
And then another show:
image.jpg
Then it's break time. After we return, we'll meet some friends:
image.jpg
And take a spin on this:
image.jpg
We'll let the boys play a bit here:
image.jpg
while Dad and I sneak over to see the Yeti:
image.jpg

AK Tuesday 6/7 continued

It will be time for some dinner after that:
image.jpg
And then another round on this:
image.jpg
Next up we have this planned:
image.jpg
but I'm still deciding about it.

Last but not least, another ride to see the Yeti:
image.jpg
this time in the dark!

After this, we will head out. Back to the room to get some sleep for yet another rope drop in the AM.

I'll be back a little later with the Wednesday edition....

Thanks for reading!

I'm so sorry about your cat. I've had cats all my life and have had to put 5 to sleep, on top of losing many others. It's always a tough decision and the thought is always there, "did I do the right thing?" Given our love for our pets, I don't think we make that decision lightly and if we do decide it's what needs to be done, it's the right thing. It's also been my experience that vets in general aren't in favor of putting animals to sleep unless they feel it's time, so I'm sure if your vet didn't agree he would have told you so :hug:
I also know it's hard on the kids but they do bounce back. And I believe it's good you did it before you left; otherwise, you'd be concerned your whole trip about how she was and then God forbid she died while you were gone I guarantee you'd feel like crap - that happened to me. Back in 2011 we went to Va. Beach and my girl Tabitha died while we were away. I knew when we left that she wasn't herself and I kind of had a feeling, but Steve and the boys were looking forward to the vacation so much (plus the resort was paid for.......) so we went and my mom stayed with her. Then 3 days before we came home we lost her. I felt horrible that I wasn't there with her and it definitely put a damper on the vacation for me (we didn't tell the boys until we were on our way home). She was 13 so at least not young but again, I think it's a good thing you did right by here before you guys left.

Now as for the packing - I think the wine should go in your carryon. Unfortunately not allowed :sad1: ;)

I'm so sorry about your cat. I've had cats all my life and have had to put 5 to sleep, on top of losing many others. It's always a tough decision and the thought is always there, "did I do the right thing?" Given our love for our pets, I don't think we make that decision lightly and if we do decide it's what needs to be done, it's the right thing. It's also been my experience that vets in general aren't in favor of putting animals to sleep unless they feel it's time, so I'm sure if your vet didn't agree he would have told you so :hug:
I also know it's hard on the kids but they do bounce back. And I believe it's good you did it before you left; otherwise, you'd be concerned your whole trip about how she was and then God forbid she died while you were gone I guarantee you'd feel like crap - that happened to me. Back in 2011 we went to Va. Beach and my girl Tabitha died while we were away. I knew when we left that she wasn't herself and I kind of had a feeling, but Steve and the boys were looking forward to the vacation so much (plus the resort was paid for.......) so we went and my mom stayed with her. Then 3 days before we came home we lost her. I felt horrible that I wasn't there with her and it definitely put a damper on the vacation for me (we didn't tell the boys until we were on our way home). She was 13 so at least not young but again, I think it's a good thing you did right by here before you guys left.

Now as for the packing - I think the wine should go in your carryon. Unfortunately not allowed :sad1: ;)
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I have been going back and forth for a long time about taking her. She would go through spells where she wouldn't eat so I'd think it's time and then she'd bounce back. And even though it seems like such an odd time to finally take care of it, I think you are right that's it was for the best to do it before we left.

As for the wine, I actually do plan to pack a bottle or two, since we are driving!

I'm so sorry about your cat. I do think it comes at a good time, if there is such a thing, since it's before your vacation. Especially for your 4 yr old who's upset about it, Disney World will be the best for cheering him up.

Your packing looks well underway, great job!! I've been starting to pack myself, but tomorrow and Friday will be most of the clothes packing since I'll do mine and DH's laundry tomorrow (our normal laundry day) and the kids' on Friday (their normal day was Monday).

Just trying to get/stay healthy over here. My daughter came down with strep Friday the 20th, then my older son just went in this past weekend and was diagnosed with it, and hooray, the trifecta, I was diagnosed on Monday! Good news is strep is so easily dealt with....antibiotics rock!!! Oldest DS and I will still be on antibiotics at the beginning of the trip, so I know we should be fine, but I'm a little worried about DD. She gets strep a lot, and this was at least the 3rd time she's gotten it in May at the end of the school year, and she's had it reoccur before, so I don't want her to go back down while on vacation. DH can deal if he gets sick and my youngest DS has never had it. I think he's immune or something, with all of the times big brother and sister have had it and exposed him. So anyways, good times around our house! I'm wishing you and your family good health for these last days pre-trip and while on vacation!!!

I'm so sorry about your cat. I do think it comes at a good time, if there is such a thing, since it's before your vacation. Especially for your 4 yr old who's upset about it, Disney World will be the best for cheering him up.

Your packing looks well underway, great job!! I've been starting to pack myself, but tomorrow and Friday will be most of the clothes packing since I'll do mine and DH's laundry tomorrow (our normal laundry day) and the kids' on Friday (their normal day was Monday).

Just trying to get/stay healthy over here. My daughter came down with strep Friday the 20th, then my older son just went in this past weekend and was diagnosed with it, and hooray, the trifecta, I was diagnosed on Monday! Good news is strep is so easily dealt with....antibiotics rock!!! Oldest DS and I will still be on antibiotics at the beginning of the trip, so I know we should be fine, but I'm a little worried about DD. She gets strep a lot, and this was at least the 3rd time she's gotten it in May at the end of the school year, and she's had it reoccur before, so I don't want her to go back down while on vacation. DH can deal if he gets sick and my youngest DS has never had it. I think he's immune or something, with all of the times big brother and sister have had it and exposed him. So anyways, good times around our house! I'm wishing you and your family good health for these last days pre-trip and while on vacation!!!
Thank you about my cat! It seems a bit rushed as I pretty much had to make a decision quickly but that probably was a silver lining so I didn't hem and haw over it.

Oh no on the sickness! My kids' allergies are kicking their butts! No fever or anything so I didn't take them in but my 2 year can't seem to kick it. Not sure if I should try to run him in tomorrow or not. I hope you guys get and stay healthy throughout the trip!

My laundry schedule is a bit off this week. I was going to wait till tomorrow for the delicates, which is mostly mine and the kids' clothes, but once I started packing I just went ahead and did it. But I'll have to do one more tiny load of it Thursday night, I think! We aren't leaving til 4:30 so I should be able to get it all dry and packed by then.

Wahoo....almost go time!

This Time Next Week - Epcot/DS/DHS Wednesday 6/8

We will be heading over to Epcot first thing for rope drop. We will head straight here:
image.jpeg

Next up will be here for Dad:
image.jpeg
Either we will wait on him or we will head to our next attraction:
image.jpeg
Then, after that some Image Works time:
image.jpeg
(and yes, I realize that's the sign for the entire pavilion but my choices and my time were limited).

We might make a stop here based on time:
image.jpeg

Next up is a boat ride:
image.jpeg
Then some flying time:
image.jpeg
while Mom and Will kill some time, waiting (and grabbing a table).

Guess what's next? Yep, lunch:
image.jpeg

After some sustenance, we will head over to:
image.jpeg
Take a little ride in a clamshell and check out a cool dude:
image.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter