The Duggars

I'm pretty sure there are 4 adults out in the work force who are considered to be psychotic when it comes to checking their work.

I had to sit thru the entire presentation w/o making a face and then after their presentation moderate a short discussion. But it made me realize how easily we rely on technology. And that was back in the early 90s (which was like a million years ago in tech years). And to think, spell check hasn't gotten any smarter. Bill Gates needs to get working on that!

Tess'smom, I'm so glad you laughed. I wasn't sure if I would be offending people.

Goodness! As a fellow bar card holder, I can attest to some of the most horrible grammar and spelling by our peers. If I could red mark everything I got and 'fix' it I would work 24/7.

I have a friend who will be 40 shortly and just now figured out the difference between its and it's as well as your and you're.

But the part that makes me laugh is the reliance on spell check and how many times I've caught myself with errors even though the word was spelled correctly. Yikes! Those can be embarassing moments. I once had a student group do an entire presentation -- yes, for the entire class and invited guests from the community -- with the word public misspelled. If you leave out one letter, it is still a word; but, boy, oh boy, does it mean something completely different.

oops!!!:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:confused3 Geeze Louise! I checked this thread out thinking I was going to get some great organizing or budget advice and or tips!! Boy was a saddly mistaken!! :scared1: :confused3

Same here! I didn't know what I was getting myself into, but I am sucked in and read every page!

For me I like somethings and disagree with somethings, as I am sure they would feel the same if they walked into my home. But I would think that we do not see a lot of what is going on in their home. so it is hard to judge them on something we do not know 100% about. I just go about it as to each their own. I personally, do not think I would be able to handle 17 children. This is why I do not have 17 children.

anyway... I get sucked into those shows just like I got sucked into this thread. haha Its funny because we watch the show, but now people are complaining that they get the money from doing the shows. Stop watchin' and they won't be making them anymore. Its like a car crash, you just can't stop looking.

I think it started with me using there instead of their and then someone felt the need to correct me and when she did she also made a typo, and it was just down hill from that point on

I can catch others' errors before I can catch my own! But then again, I can catch others' flaws long before I can see the same thing in myself.....human nature, unfortunately.

Dawn

Oh, don't feel bad. When I checked the dis this morning I had a pm accusing me of not actually being a lawyer (my profession) because I didn't use correct grammar a few times in a post. LOL! I guess it makes them feel superior to correct others. Must be low self esteem?:confused3

I think it started with me using there instead of their and then someone felt the need to correct me and when she did she also made a typo, and it was just down hill from that point on

Yeah, I don't get what the big deal is. :confused3

I'm picky on grammar when it's something I've written myself, but I'm not going to correct anyone else. We all make typos.

Apparently oldest son Josh Duggar got married in September of this year. I wonder if they will have a TV special on that?

There are some interesting photos of the Duggars house and other things at this website.

http://www.squidoo.com/duggarfamily

Their house really is BIG!

Yes, on this website they have a photo of the long-awaited first KISS. If you saw the show, you know that they had agreed not to kiss until their wedding day. It was called courtship, instead of dating, and all they did was to hold hands.
They do make a cute couple.

Well, I don't think we're at risk of becoming extinct if we limit our population growth, that's for sure. Certainly are enough humans out there to wreak havoc on this planet as it is. So, 1-2 children per couple would be nice, as a decrease in population would be a pleasant surprise for mother earth. She could heal a bit before we invent the next great polluter.

I've always thought that whoever wrote the bible must have either been really angry at his mom, or frustrated about a relationship. Most definitely had to have been male, as the polygamy parts just crack me up. The men get multiple partners, but the women don't?

Of course the bible has been added on to, translated, edited, etc, over centuries, so many, many men have added their own viewpoint to it. Are there any other heroines in it besides the virgin-mother Mary?

Back to the Duggars - they are one of my favorite examples of psycho-religion gone bad. Wonder if they know the southern church that gay-bashes at the funerals of fallen soldiers?

I have been slowly working my way through this thread so forgive me if this has been answered already. You asked if there are any other heroines in the Bible. The answer is yes.
Take Queen Ester in the book of Ester for example. She stepped up, risked her life talking to the king and ended up saving her people (the Jews).
In the book of Joshua, Rahab hid some of the Israelite spies from the Jericho guards. Because she risked her life doing this, she was saved during the Battle of Jericho.
Deborah in the book of Judges was one of the great judges in the Old Testament.
Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. You could probably try google for more.

:confused3 Geeze Louise! I checked this thread out thinking I was going to get some great organizing or budget advice and or tips!! Boy was a saddly mistaken!! :scared1: :confused3

The Duggars follow MOTH (Managers of Their Homes) for their scheduling and such. The book has some good ideas and tips. My family can't pull off the types of schedules the Duggars do, but it did help me organize my day into a nice flowing routine. The authors of MOTH also have some other books relating to chores and homeschooling issues which may be of help. I have not personally read the other books yet, but some say they are helpful.

Apparently oldest son Josh Duggar got married in September of this year. I wonder if they will have a TV special on that?

On the site for Josh and his wife, it does state that a wedding episode will air in Jan 09....around the time Michelle is due

Yes, on this website they have a photo of the long-awaited first KISS. If you saw the show, you know that they had agreed not to kiss until their wedding day. It was called courtship, instead of dating, and all they did was to hold hands.
They do make a cute couple.

Thats great! God Bless them... They are doing much better than dh and I:rolleyes1

I was just thinking of this today. I know how they are so organized. None of them have anything of their own. Their clothes are washed and hung up and sorted by size in a clothes room. So no "J" has a polo shirt obsession or loves to get a certain type of prairie skirt so she has a bazillion of them etc. They just go to the clothes room and get something to wear. Everything is community property in the house. They have nothing personal. No chatchkis that they collect or pocketbooks or sports memorabilia etc. Of course they are organized. All like items go in one place. It is like a store.

I wonder if the older girls have any choice in under garments:confused3 ..do they have wera undies that come up to the belly button?... :rolleyes1 or do they get a choice?

I feel confident no one in that family shops at Miss Vickies...:rolleyes1

I wonder what would happen if catalogs mysteriously appeared. Oh, the humanity! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter