The Duggars

I don't think you have much time for fun when you are an "arrow in the Lord's army".

I just blew hot tea out my nose:rotfl2: I have a big problem with any show whether it is Jon and Kate or the Duggars that utilize their children and family as a cash cow.This is not reality tv it is unscripted tv...big difference.Anyway,I think it is a shame that Mrs Duggar just gave birth to #18 and is already planning #19.It seems like she is trying to break a record or something.I can't help but wonder after that many pregnancies what her uterus looks like , at this point labor and delivery must be a breeze.

I am fascinated by this family, if only for the reason that my name is Michele Daggar, (Michelle Duggar) and my son's name is Jordan Daggar (Jordyn Duggar) We are always being teased by friends who ask when I'm having 16 more kids:eek:

Do you have to be a Christian to post on this Board? Wow. I thought people of all faiths were welcome...I thought that was a Christian principle...Are there special threads where you are allowed to post if you are Jewish/Pagan/Muslim/Buddhist, etc. and this isn't one of them?

To each his own I guess. I've never seen the show. I just hope this family recycles; can you imagine the size of that family's carbon footprint!?!

I saw an episode where Michelle briefly mentioned that they had been accused that they must be wasting too much with so many....but she then showed ways the family uses things that most people would just throw away.

Dawn

To each his own I guess. I've never seen the show. I just hope this family recycles; can you imagine the size of that family's carbon footprint!?!

I only have 2 kids and I sometimes call them the wrong name. :rolleyes1 Maybe it's cuz their names start with the same letter? :lmao:

I have one DS who is 1 and a dog who is......4? Anyway, sometimes I call my son "puppy" and sometimes I call the dog by my son's name! :scared1:

I blame it on baby brain.

By the way....for all of the experienced mommies out there...how long can I get away with the "baby brain" excuse? I feel like I am milking it! (No pun intended!)

My dad was one of three, half the time my nana couldn't get his name right and just called out names until she hit the right one- including cousins, her brothers and so on. That was just my nana and it wasn't an indicator of how much he was or wasn't loved. I have really enjoyed this recent round of shows. I think they seem more "normal" and you can definitely see that their children are allowed to "explore" more as they get older. They have family members who obviously don't share all of their beliefs but yet seem very close. They also seem to show their children how to do alot of things regardless of gender roles. Her OB is a woman, if they were so against women receiving higher education you would think they would carry it into who they chose to deliver their children. The show where Michelle has the newest baby was actually pretty funny during the Bradley classes. I don't run my family the way they do but they seem to be far less judgemental about the choices of others than others are of their choices.

Does anyone else find it odd that baby #18 was born on 12/18 and the show of her birth aired 5 days later? :confused3

Not at all. That's television. 5 days to edit the show is plenty of time.

I have one DS who is 1 and a dog who is......4? Anyway, sometimes I call my son "puppy" and sometimes I call the dog by my son's name! :scared1:

By the way....for all of the experienced mommies out there...how long can I get away with the "baby brain" excuse? I feel like I am milking it! (No pun intended!)

Well my oldest is 14 and I still call my kids (DD14, DD10 and DS19months) by each other's name sometimes. I swear they sapped the intelligence out of me when they were younger and nursing! :rotfl:

Oh and by the way - HI NEIGHBOR! We're in Bel Air too - near CMW high school. :yay:

There really wasn't a whole lot of the recent birth on the one hour show, so most of it was probably all set to go and they were just waiting for the birth to add to the final scenes of this episode. I actually really enjoyed this week's show.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
My baby was born 7 1/2 weeks ago & I still say that I have "pregnancy brain"!! I guess I should switch to "baby brain" now, huh?:confused3

I'm not impressed with them. I think they're shifty and selfish. They've been allowed to claim their home as a CHURCH, so they pay no taxes. They are a non-profit organization. How is that fair?

A couple of those young girls spend over 20 hours a week DOING LAUNDRY. That's not right.

I really don't like the way their toddlers are forced to sit on their blankets. That's the only way they can keep track of them. They're never allowed to crawl around like normal babies.

The girls are not encouraged to pursue further education; only to marry and be a wife and mother.

The food that they eat is absolute JUNK. One look inside their pantry will make your arteries harden.

I could go on.............................

Agree!

This isn't just about the Duggars in general (I read the previous post that says they'll have as many kids as she wants), but it really confuses me when people say they'll have have as many children as god gives them. I am a Christian, and do believe children come from god, but can't you still help whether or not you get pregnant and how many you have? :confused3 Is it that people stop when they keep having miscarriages or once the woman gets menopause? I just don't understand this whole ideal.

Yep, God decides when you stop. The bible says that God will "open and close the womb." We say that we are letting God be in control of our lives yet we think WE know best how many children we should have. They believe if God gives them to us then He will provide for their needs.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
My baby was born 7 1/2 weeks ago & I still say that I have "pregnancy brain"!! I guess I should switch to "baby brain" now, huh?:confused3

You got it. I think that finally goes away when they hit 18. :rotfl:

Congrats on the cute new arrival!

The Duggars annoy me (but I do occasionally watch their show.... only I think I'd have to turn it off if it weren't for Amy).

They seem hypocritical. They go on and on about how they don't like their children to watch a lot of television.... it's not pure. However, they have their own television show! Then they talk about how they don't allow the kids to get on the internet because they might see bad things. "The internet isn't pure." Well, they're all over the internet. They aren't really educated about it, either. I mean, it's not like you log on and naughty images just pop up on the screen.... you have to go looking for it (and if does pop up, then you were probably on a not-so-nice site). The parents just make decisions without fully looking into them (now, I think no internet is fine... only for more justified reasons. It takes away from the one-on-one time spent with eachother, maybe.... turns them into couch potatoes, but not because it's impure. To me, that's a sign that they don't trust their children. They're attempting to shelter them from the outside world.).

Also, when the Bates come over, they went to this "holy" amusement park. The dad's going on and on about how it's the best family amusement park and has good values. (I'm a Disney freak.... Disney is the best family amusement park. It's fact. :rotfl: )

They were talking about arranged marriages and marrying people with their values. I think marrying people with their values is cool.... however, they're also depriving their daughters of an education. These girls aren't going to college.... they're going to make babies and clean up after their husbands. They haven't taught their daughters how to make choices and stand up for themselves. Now, it's cool if their daughters choose to live this lifestyle (And most likely they will - because it's all they know. They love their parents and want to please them. They've been corrupted.... but we've all been corrupted by our teachers.), but not knowing how to make choices can hurt the girls in the long run.

I realize our "values" are different. And it's cool if they want to live like that. Their lifestyle just isn't for me, and I don't really look up to them in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter