The Duggars

The Duggars annoy me (but I do occasionally watch their show.... only I think I'd have to turn it off if it weren't for Amy).

They seem hypocritical. They go on and on about how they don't like their children to watch a lot of television.... it's not pure. However, they have their own television show! Then they talk about how they don't allow the kids to get on the internet because they might see bad things. "The internet isn't pure." Well, they're all over the internet. They aren't really educated about it, either. I mean, it's not like you log on and naughty images just pop up on the screen.... you have to go looking for it (and if does pop up, then you were probably on a not-so-nice site). The parents just make decisions without fully looking into them (now, I think no internet is fine... only for more justified reasons. It takes away from the one-on-one time spent with eachother, maybe.... turns them into couch potatoes, but not because it's impure. To me, that's a sign that they don't trust their children. They're attempting to shelter them from the outside world.).

Also, when the Bates come over, they went to this "holy" amusement park. The dad's going on and on about how it's the best family amusement park and has good values. (I'm a Disney freak.... Disney is the best family amusement park. It's fact. :rotfl: )

They were talking about arranged marriages and marrying people with their values. I think marrying people with their values is cool.... however, they're also depriving their daughters of an education. These girls aren't going to college.... they're going to make babies and clean up after their husbands. They haven't taught their daughters how to make choices and stand up for themselves. Now, it's cool if their daughters choose to live this lifestyle (And most likely they will - because it's all they know. They love their parents and want to please them. They've been corrupted.... but we've all been corrupted by our teachers.), but not knowing how to make choices can hurt the girls in the long run.

I realize our "values" are different. And it's cool if they want to live like that. Their lifestyle just isn't for me, and I don't really look up to them in any way.

One thing stresses me a tad.. the girls are to grow up and have babys(which is great), what happens if they can not physicaly have children? then what would these poor girls feel like. What would they do? I like the Dugars. I love the valuse they have ect. Not every lady can have a child, its kind of sad, if they could not.

Yep, God decides when you stop. The bible says that God will "open and close the womb." We say that we are letting God be in control of our lives yet we think WE know best how many children we should have. They believe if God gives them to us then He will provide for their needs.

I don't necessarily think God is the only one who decides to have a baby. If that was the case, there would not be babies born out of rape, incest and into poor third world countries only to starve to death a month later. God has given us a mind and a will. Sometimes we make decisions that are not God, but our own selfish agenda. Also, it is very unlikely to have a baby if someone chooses to be abstinent, but I don't think that is God's intention for a married couple necessarily. But there are ways that humans have control over their reproduction instead of being passive about it.

This family (or parents) are going for sensational and each year that they have another baby, they get another season on the network. I hate to think that those kids might end up without a mother or she might end up severely disabled. I also think using your home as a "church" for the tax exempt status is shady. If God provides, then God provides for the taxes also. Maybe using their home for church allows them not to tithe to someone else?

I find that the Duggars are surreal. Their show never shows any conflict or problems. EVerything is hunky dory....and the mom speaks in that sing songy voice that the FLDS in Texas do. Weird. I am not knocking their beliefs, just the fact that 20 people can't live together without having some problems...I just think it stinks that they don't allow us to see them in anything other than a glorified light. It makes me think that they are trying to hide something.

As for the girls, I was dissapointed to see their father leave the girls on the side of the road so they could learn to change a tire. How about teaching them himself? And I was horrified about the swimsuits....they use conservative suits that cover all the skin. They cite the requirement to be modest at all times. Whats so wrong with the human body? And then when the mom had her ultrasound and had to have her belly covered by tarps so they would not see her belly skin. :confused3 For all their humility how do they figure mom keeps getting pregnant?

I saw the episodes where their oldest boy proposed to his girlfriend in Florida. It was kind of sweet, he seemed so happy to be with her. They decided not to even kiss before marriage. The girls parents seemed like they were star crazy over the dugger clan....and the girlfriend seemed just like a duggar sister, long hair, bangs, quiet. The duggars were setting the couple up with a home and a business so they could start a family. Again, just a bit too perfect.

I am a social worker and I agree that the kids are not physically abuses as far as we can see. I do have concern about the lack of choices, individuality and parent interaction the kids have, but its not "abuse" per se. It is just sad. I look at those beautiful kids and I wonder....whose going to be the first to break away and go crazy? And I also wonder how a father can forget his kids names and birthdates.

I don't think it is just the girls. I don't see the boys looking at going off to college either. The oldest sells used cars and is almost 21 and has no college. I just don't think they are looking at college.

Dawn

however, they're also depriving their daughters of an education. These girls aren't going to college.... they're going to make babies and clean up after their husbands. They haven't taught their daughters how to make choices and stand up for themselves. Now, it's cool if their daughters choose to live this lifestyle (And most likely they will - because it's all they know. They love their parents and want to please them. They've been corrupted.... but we've all been corrupted by our teachers.), but not knowing how to make choices can hurt the girls in the long run.

I realize our "values" are different. And it's cool if they want to live like that. Their lifestyle just isn't for me, and I don't really look up to them in any way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter