The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

I'm hoping to ask about tipping Bell Services. My husband and I aren't used to fancy hotels that offer this service!

Should we tip TWICE- ie. once when someone loads up the luggage cart from our car and takes it into storage (We will arrive earlier, the room probably won't be ready then), and then once when someone delivers the luggage to our room? How much do you recommend for a tip?

We travel somewhat lightly. There are only 2 of us. My husband brings a carry-on size suitcase, and I bring a larger wheeled Samsonite suitcase (ie. the type you check in for a flight). We also bring some snacks, bottled water, pillows. But we're not a big family with lots of kids, kids stuff, etc! Thanks!
I personally always tip twice at bell services, at drop off and pick up. Often bell services is a role where they keep their own tips, and it's usually a different person helping you at drop off/pick up. A few dollars or a $5 is a small cost relative to the cost of staying at the DLH, and it shows appreciation for them taking care of your bags.

We always check our bags on the last day so we can enjoy the parks before heading to the airport. We found bell services at DLH this last week to be friendly and fast.

I'm hoping to ask about tipping Bell Services. My husband and I aren't used to fancy hotels that offer this service!

Should we tip TWICE- ie. once when someone loads up the luggage cart from our car and takes it into storage (We will arrive earlier, the room probably won't be ready then), and then once when someone delivers the luggage to our room? How much do you recommend for a tip?

We travel somewhat lightly. There are only 2 of us. My husband brings a carry-on size suitcase, and I bring a larger wheeled Samsonite suitcase (ie. the type you check in for a flight). We also bring some snacks, bottled water, pillows. But we're not a big family with lots of kids, kids stuff, etc! Thanks!
I usually only tip when I get my bags, whether they're being delivered or I'm picking them up at the desk when checking out. But I also usually don't have someone grab things right from the trunk. I bring them to the desk or my room myself if it's ready.

I used to review hotels for a living. My company reimbursed for arrival tips to the bellman who brought bags to the room, and to the doorman if there was one. They would not reimburse for tips to two bellman (ie, one at the car and one in the room) nor did they reimburse tips to the valet on arrival, only on pickup. (Tipping only the person who got the bags from the car never happened because we were required to have bags taken to the room.)

Because of this, I tend to think this scenario is pretty standard within the industry. Not that anyone is doing it wrong if you tip more often, only that the employees would not necessarily think you're a jerk if you don't. They always wanted us to fit in as much as possible. We were also limited to $1 to $2 per bag, although $5 was ok if there were not many bags. At the pricier 5-star hotels/resorts, we could tip a little more.

Ha anyone had an Amazon delivery to the hotel? I always thought it was common and no problem. I just had a cast member tell me by phone that they hold packages for 24 for security and they don’t accept packages on weekends. I’m devastated because we really need what was being delivered by Amazon. Amazon notated the the delivery as “business closed”

We’ve had packages delivered by Amazon and yes there is often a 24hr hold. Some of it has to do with sorting all the packages as well as security. Packages from different services also go to different spots….it was last year so I can’t recall exactly. UPS/FedEx at Bell services everyone else at Front Deak or maybe reversed.

If it’s something you absolutely have to have right away I’d suggest a nearby delivery locker offsite.

Should we tip TWICE- ie. once when someone loads up the luggage cart from our car and takes it into storage (We will arrive earlier, the room probably won't be ready then), and then once when someone delivers the luggage to our room? How much do you recommend for a tip
I used to only tip at the end, but asked once if they pooled tips and was told no. So, now I do a smaller tip for when I drop off bags and when I receive bags. $1-$2/bag.

We were transferred to the Disneyland Hotel from Pixar Place because they were not to provide the roll-in shower room I had booked. We are do to check in this Wednesday and I am wondering if it is possible to add access to its club level when we check in? I am willing to pay a reasonable extra charge.

We were transferred to the Disneyland Hotel from Pixar Place because they were not to provide the roll-in shower room I had booked. We are do to check in this Wednesday and I am wondering if it is possible to add access to its club level when we check in? I am willing to pay a reasonable extra charge.
I've added club after my initial reservation before. I called DLH to request it and they were able to add it for me. I didn't know if I'd have it until I checked in.

've added club after my initial reservation before. I called DLH to request it and they were able to add it for me. I didn't know if I'd have it until I checked in.
Thanks, that is what I will do. It won't hurt to try. I was originally booked for club level at Paradise Pier then they closed the club for renovations and involuntarily bumped me to premium view instead. Then just before my trip called and wanted to move me to a mobility tub room instead. Only after I protested that there is a huge difference between a roll-in shower and a mobility tub, did they offer the Disneyland Hotel.

Thanks, that is what I will do. It won't hurt to try. I was originally booked for club level at Paradise Pier then they closed the club for renovations and involuntarily bumped me to premium view instead. Then just before my trip called and wanted to move me to a mobility tub room instead. Only after I protested that there is a huge difference between a roll-in shower and a mobility tub, did they offer the Disneyland Hotel.
I still think they should have included club!! I think you should request it gratis since they completely changed your reservation last minute.

I've added club after my initial reservation before. I called DLH to request it and they were able to add it for me. I didn't know if I'd have it until I checked in.

Curious what was the up charge to add club? Were you in the same building as the lounge? Thank you

Curious what was the up charge to add club? Were you in the same building as the lounge? Thank you
I think it was $300. Yes, we were in Adventure tower. When I called to request club level I also asked to be close as possible to the E-Ticket lounge.

I still think they should have included club!! I think you should request it gratis since they completely changed your reservation last minute.
...and your original reservation was club level at GCH.

edited to say oops! I think you were originally Pixar Pier club, not GCH.

Last edited:
My daughter and I are staying at DLH club level in November. I've stayed club level many times at WDW and are able to access the lounge all day on the departure day even after check out.
Are we able to access the lounge on departure day after check out? We have a late flight and wanted somewhere to relax before our travel home.

My daughter and I are staying at DLH club level in November. I've stayed club level many times at WDW and are able to access the lounge all day on the departure day even after check out.
Are we able to access the lounge on departure day after check out? We have a late flight and wanted somewhere to relax before our travel home.
You can go back to the lounge even after you check out. One of the best parts about it!

Does anyone know where I can take a look at room service menu? Also, for example, if room service starts at 6:30, can food be ordered for delivery at 6:30? Or is that the earliest one can phone and order?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter