The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We arrive next week! I called today to link my reservation with my sister’s and to request Fantasy tower. When I asked if it’s better to check in via the app or in person he said it didn’t matter. I see that we can check in starting 5 days before our trip. Any tips on check in strategy?
I don't know if this really matters or not, but last time I went, I checked in online prior to our trip but still went to the front desk to check where they put us because I have certain preferences (this was at GCH but the same is true resort-wide). They may have looked at those preferences but were going to assign us to a room because it was ready. It wasn't what we'd hoped for so I asked if they had anything that we'd requested. She told me they didn't have one ready but that they'd have a room later in the day, which was fine with us. As it turned out, we got a text that our room was ready right after we'd dropped the bags with the porter, lol.

Anyway, my suggestion is to still check at the front desk, even if you check in online, to have the best shot at getting what you requested if that's important to you.

Just finished a five night stay at DLH in the Frontier tower. It was our first stay in Frontier with the others being in Adventure and Fantasy and I have to say that I was a bit surprised at the condition of the room. Cracked and peeling wallpaper, visible dust on the dresser and the headboard, hit or miss hot water.

The new DVC tower looks amazing though 😄

Just finished a five night stay at DLH in the Frontier tower. It was our first stay in Frontier with the others being in Adventure and Fantasy and I have to say that I was a bit surprised at the condition of the room. Cracked and peeling wallpaper, visible dust on the dresser and the headboard, hit or miss hot water.

The new DVC tower looks amazing though 😄
I'm sorry to hear that. Frontier is a tower I try to avoid unless I'm staying in a suite on the pool side, but that's more because of the view and lack of anything else there. Fantasy has the lobby and easy access to everything, Adventure has good views from either side and is closest to DTD, but Frontier is just not up to the same standard, other than having some nice suites.

Nevertheless, it should NOT be in the shape you describe with the prices you pay!! I would have taken pictures and complained. That's not acceptable.

Does anyone have recommendations about the best timing and method (ie. via the app or a phone call) to submit my room request? Our trip is at the end of April, and I'd like to ask for a room on a low floor nearby staircases. I had an incident with an elevator at work and now I try to avoid them. I have no preference for which tower we end up in (this will be my first time staying at the DLH), just somewhere I can easily walk upstairs and downstairs to our room! If anyone has specific tower or room recommendations that meet our preferences, feel free to let me know!

What floors are Club rooms on? I assume 11 but are other floors also club rooms?

Just trying to figure out requests.

What floors are Club rooms on? I assume 11 but are other floors also club rooms?

Just trying to figure out requests.
They will put you on the 11th floor unless no rooms are available. I was once on the 10th when I had club level which was easy because I was right next to the elevator, and once in Frontier Tower, which was a big pain. That was because I had a suite that wasn't available in Adventure, though.

I'd call and just ask for the closest to the club as possible.

Have a great trip!

They will put you on the 11th floor unless no rooms are available. I was once on the 10th when I had club level which was easy because I was right next to the elevator, and once in Frontier Tower, which was a big pain. That was because I had a suite that wasn't available in Adventure, though.

I'd call and just ask for the closest to the club as possible.

Have a great trip!
Thanks!

Does anyone have recommendations about the best timing and method (ie. via the app or a phone call) to submit my room request? Our trip is at the end of April, and I'd like to ask for a room on a low floor nearby staircases. I had an incident with an elevator at work and now I try to avoid them. I have no preference for which tower we end up in (this will be my first time staying at the DLH), just somewhere I can easily walk upstairs and downstairs to our room! If anyone has specific tower or room recommendations that meet our preferences, feel free to let me know!
I always call to make requests. You could explain your situation and they'll note it. Adventure is the closest tower to Downtown Disney, then Fantasy tower, then DVC tower and furthest is Frontier.

I am not sure if this is the case at the DLH, but I think at GCH, the stairwells are unlocked to walk downstairs, but you can’t use them to walk upstairs from the main level of the hotel (doors are locked to enter the stairwell from the ground floor of the hotel). Someone with more details will hopefully comment here, but I recall we were in a suite at GCH that was very far from the lobby and elevators. There was a stairwell we could use to go down, but we could not get back into it to walk up to our room.

Prior to VDH we always stayed in suites in Frontier. Never any issues except some low water pressure one stay. It was our favorite tower to stay in.

Prior to VDH we always stayed in suites in Frontier. Never any issues except some low water pressure one stay. It was our favorite tower to stay in.
Frontier has great suites. Some of them still have balconies, which is nice! I like the different configurations they offer.

I didn't like the room I had facing the parking lot. It didn't even feel like I was in a Disneyland hotel. That was quite a while ago, though, because I've never wanted to stay in a standard room there again.

Call the hotel directly 1-2 weeks before your arrival date and explain your situation, they will probably do their best to accommodate. You might have better luck getting access to a staircase with the Fantasy Tower since it's attached to the convention center.

It's probably too late for your trip, but if it's in your budget, GCH has a "grand staircase" by the lobby that allows for easy access to 3rd floor rooms.

Frontier has great suites. Some of them still have balconies, which is nice! I like the different configurations they offer.

I didn't like the room I had facing the parking lot. It didn't even feel like I was in a Disneyland hotel. That was quite a while ago, though, because I've never wanted to stay in a standard room there again.
For standard view it's Fantasy Tower or bust!

For standard view it's Fantasy Tower or bust!
Adventure also has good standard rooms!! Most of them have a decent (partially blocked) view on a lower floor. I once got a standard room there that was on about the 6th floor facing DTD but with 2 palm trees right in front, LOL.

Adventure also has good standard rooms!! Most of them have a decent (partially blocked) view on a lower floor. I once got a standard room there that was on about the 6th floor facing DTD but with 2 palm trees right in front, LOL.
I had always assumed all the rooms in Adventure were either DTD or Pool view, but it makes sense the lower floor DTD rooms would be obstructed by the trees. At least it’s a shorter walk!

I am not sure if this is the case at the DLH, but I think at GCH, the stairwells are unlocked to walk downstairs, but you can’t use them to walk upstairs from the main level of the hotel (doors are locked to enter the stairwell from the ground floor of the hotel). Someone with more details will hopefully comment here, but I recall we were in a suite at GCH that was very far from the lobby and elevators. There was a stairwell we could use to go down, but we could not get back into it to walk up to our room.
Thank you for your response! Oh gosh, I hate those types of places where you can only enter the staircase to go downstairs but NOT to go upstairs. This was the situation at the Residence Inn Convention Center as well- our room key wouldn't open the exterior staircase, so we took the elevator up and stairs down. This was a few years ago in 2021, but I appreciate your tip. If we have to, maybe I can still get a low floor so it's a shorter elevator ride- phooey.

Call the hotel directly 1-2 weeks before your arrival date and explain your situation, they will probably do their best to accommodate. You might have better luck getting access to a staircase with the Fantasy Tower since it's attached to the convention center.

It's probably too late for your trip, but if it's in your budget, GCH has a "grand staircase" by the lobby that allows for easy access to 3rd floor rooms.
Thank you! I'm actually going to attend a conference at the Disneyland Hotel convention center, so it would be perfect to stay at the Fantasy Tower. Maybe this will work well for everything- the conference, avoiding elevators, etc!

Right, it's too late for me to switch to the GCH. I was able to book either hotel (DLH or GCH) for the same discounted conference rate, but I decided to go with the DLH so I'd be right next to all the conference sessions.

Thank you for your response! Oh gosh, I hate those types of places where you can only enter the staircase to go downstairs but NOT to go upstairs. This was the situation at the Residence Inn Convention Center as well- our room key wouldn't open the exterior staircase, so we took the elevator up and stairs down. This was a few years ago in 2021, but I appreciate your tip. If we have to, maybe I can still get a low floor so it's a shorter elevator ride- phooey.
I know it doesn't help you for DLH, but if you are really opposed to elevators, we have stayed in several GCH rooms off of the lobby that are accessible via an open staircase. These are on the second and third floors (not sure if there are rooms on the ground floor, or if that is just for the VGC wing).

We actually opted to always take the stairs whenever we stayed in these rooms (except for when we brought our bags up). I know that's a bit of a price jump though, but just wanted to let you know!

ETA: I guess I should read comments above mine before posting! 🤣 Looks like you are at a conference for DLH. I hope they can give you a low floor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter