The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

We checked in today!

I did online check in. We got to the resort about 8am this morning. Right away they helped us with our bags and took them and stored us for us right from our car. I checked in at the front desk and waited maybe 10 minutes. I got keys so we could use the pool. She verified our request for fantasy tower and said that is where we would be.

We explored a bit. I am in LOVE!

We got some pastries and drinks at coffee house via mobile order. The chocolate croissant is delish.

The pool opened at 9am. The slides a little before 10. Only one slide is open. The yellow is not. We swam until around 1230-1. Around 11 I mobile ordered tangaroa Terrace and had our food by 1125. We got the wings, the long beans, kids chicken and the Hawaiian burger. The burger and the beans were a hit!

We basically had the pool to ourselves until around 1130.. really enjoyed the pool. I mean we spent almost 3 hours there today. I was worried when I saw it was 4ft as my daughter can't touch there, but she wore one of the disney provided life vests and they literally had a blast.

We used the restroom at the pool to change. Super convenient. And after we were done swimming our room wasn't ready so hubby took a bag with our wet things and bell hop added it to our stuff so we didn't have to keep carrying it.

We spent some time in DTD and then got the text our room was ready about 2:55pm. Mobile key worked perfect, we called bell hop and they brought all our stuff up. We have a lot of crap, including groceries so I tipped them good. We booked a standard room and are in fantasy tower but we can see the Matterhorn and Galaxy's edge from our room. The kids think that is cool.

So far we are big fans.

Last edited:
And about construction..

You can deff hear it by the pool. It doesn't bother us. It just kinda blends in with the background noise. That being said, I don't have anything to compare it to having never stayed there.

We checked in today!

I did online check in. We got to the resort about 8am this morning. Right away they helped us with our bags and took them and stored us for us right from our car. I checked in at the front desk and waited maybe 10 minutes. I got keys so we could use the pool. She verified our request for fantasy tower and said that is where we would be.

We got some pastries and drinks at coffee house via mobile order. The chocolate croissant is delish.

The pool opened at 9am. The slides a little before 10. Only one slide is open. The yellow is not. We swam until around 1230-1. Around 11 I mobile ordered tangaroa Terrace and had our food by 1125. We got the wings, the long beans, kids chicken and the Hawaiian burger. The burger and the beans were a hit!

We basically had the pool to ourselves until around 1130.. really enjoyed the pool. I mean we spent almost 3 hours there today. I was worried when I saw it was 4ft as my daughter can't touch there, but she wore one of the disbey provided life vests and they literally had a blast.

We used the restroom at the pool to change. Super convenient. And after we were done swimming our room wasn't ready so hubby took a bag with our wet things and bell hop added it to our stuff so we didn't have to keep carrying it.

We spent some time in DTD and then got the text our room was ready about 2:55pm. Mobile key worked perfect, we called bell hop and they brought all our stuff up. We have a lot of crap, including groceries so I tipped them good. We booked a standard room and are in fantasy tower but we can see the Matterhorn and Galaxy's edge from our room. The kids think that is cool.

So far we are big fans.

How was the construction noise by the pool?

Lol just kidding! Just saw your last post!

We checked in today!

We basically had the pool to ourselves until around 1130.. really enjoyed the pool. I mean we spent almost 3 hours there today. I was worried when I saw it was 4ft as my daughter can't touch there, but she wore one of the disbey provided life vests and they literally had a blast.

So far we are big fans.
Wonderful! I'm so glad you like it. We've had that view before, it's so nice. Sounds like a great time with the pool, too!

Planning our first trip to Disneyland and planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Can someone please tell me if all the 2 queen rooms have a daybed, or will I need to request a room with a daybed? Much appreciated!

Planning our first trip to Disneyland and planning on staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Can someone please tell me if all the 2 queen rooms have a daybed, or will I need to request a room with a daybed? Much appreciated!
They don't all have a daybed, so you'll need to call and request it. They always make a point to say it's a request and can't be guaranteed. Both times I've had 2Q rooms I did end up with a daybed.

No, all the 2 queen rooms at the DLH do not have a daybed. You are only guaranteed (well, even then, not technically guaranteed but extremely likely) to get a room with a daybed if you have 5 people on the room reservation. You can try to request it otherwise but when we travel as only 4 and not 5 (ie- DH doesn't come or one of the kids isn't with us) we haven't had good luck being able to get a 2 Queen room with a daybed which is a bummer because my kids do not like to share beds.

I have an odd situation and I'm hoping someone here can help. My upcoming DL Hotel reservation was booked through an online travel agency (one of the most popular and well known ones) and I successfully linked with my DL account. When I go to the DL website or DL app, it shows the hotel reservation, but then says the primary guest on the hotel reservation hasn't linked the reservation yet. I made the reservation myself (the primary person) and linked it to my DL account, so not sure what's going on. My wife and child are also going with me, but neither of them are listed on the reservation, nor have they linked their Disney accounts.

I called Disney, and they said because it was booked through a 3rd party, they must have put themselves as the primary guest. I didn't believe that excuse, but called the third party who had the reservation reconfirmed and also confirmed that I am the primary reservation holder.

Has anyone had a hotel reservation on the app show that you're not the primary reservation holder? Does anyone have ideas on how I can get this solved?

I'm thinking I need to contact Disney again and look for a more helpful person.

I have an odd situation and I'm hoping someone here can help. My upcoming DL Hotel
Has anyone had a hotel reservation on the app show that you're not the primary reservation holder? Does anyone have ideas on how I can get this solved?

I'm thinking I need to contact Disney again and look for a more helpful person.
For me, this occurs when I accidentally book a reservation using a different email than is on my Disney account. If my reservation is booked under ABC@whatever.com and I link it to my Malcon10t account with Malcon10t@whatever.com , it will say I am not the primary. Is the email on the reservation they same as the email on your Disney account?

For me, this occurs when I accidentally book a reservation using a different email than is on my Disney account. If my reservation is booked under ABC@whatever.com and I link it to my Malcon10t account with Malcon10t@whatever.com , it will say I am not the primary. Is the email on the reservation they same as the email on your Disney account?
Yes, same email used for both. I do appreciate the idea though - thank you!

We had a really wonderful stay at DLH. Some points to mention:

I am glad we planned for tipping. The service was outstanding. We had daily housekeeping and bell hop was quick and efficient with our bags. (And we had a lot of bags). I realize this is probably standard for higher tier hotels, but having them bring the bags up to our room and coming up to our room to get them just made my day. The servers at the pool were so attentive.

Why didn't I know ahead of time we could get Mickey bars and dole whip right there?! That was a big perk.l to me. I watched my kids swim with a dole whip in my hand!

The pool only really got busy for us our last day. This was probably weather related, but we swam everyday. I reported one slide closed our first day. I am happy to report all slides were open the rest of the trip.

I loved that I could get a Mickey hat embroidered right there on site at the shop. This was something I planned to do and that made it easy.

The coffee house mobile order was quick and I am going to miss my daily cold brew. Those chocolate pastries are delicious.

We had the chicken wings 3 times..

I tried trader sams solo and just got a really crap seat. It wasn't my vibe and I bailed. I'm am sure with a group and a good seat in the house it would be fantastic.

The WiFi.. ugh. They need a better system. And we didn't have great service in our room so we were constantly reconnection to the Disney WiFi.

The construction noise is noticeable at the pool. It blended in to the background for us, but if you know that will bother you I would plan to be elsewhere. We stayed in fantasy tower, but man that construction noise is right next to frontier tower. If I wanted an afternoon nap that would be tough in that tower.

The monorail was not open early enough for our liking for EE and it closes for a bit after nighttime entertainment. We also had one instance of it saying it was open, only to arrive to it closed in tomorrow land. That was a long walk back.

Our key opened the grand California gate.

The daily activities were a little lacking for me. The did have pumpkin painting and some signing/dancing groups.

We don't know how we will stay off site again.

We had a really wonderful stay at DLH. Some points to mention:

I am glad we planned for tipping. The service was outstanding. We had daily housekeeping and bell hop was quick and efficient with our bags. (And we had a lot of bags). I realize this is probably standard for higher tier hotels, but having them bring the bags up to our room and coming up to our room to get them just made my day. The servers at the pool were so attentive.

Why didn't I know ahead of time we could get Mickey bars and dole whip right there?! That was a big perk.l to me. I watched my kids swim with a dole whip in my hand!

The pool only really got busy for us our last day. This was probably weather related, but we swam everyday. I reported one slide closed our first day. I am happy to report all slides were open the rest of the trip.

I loved that I could get a Mickey hat embroidered right there on site at the shop. This was something I planned to do and that made it easy.

The coffee house mobile order was quick and I am going to miss my daily cold brew. Those chocolate pastries are delicious.

We had the chicken wings 3 times..

I tried trader sams solo and just got a really crap seat. It wasn't my vibe and I bailed. I'm am sure with a group and a good seat in the house it would be fantastic.

The WiFi.. ugh. They need a better system. And we didn't have great service in our room so we were constantly reconnection to the Disney WiFi.

The construction noise is noticeable at the pool. It blended in to the background for us, but if you know that will bother you I would plan to be elsewhere. We stayed in fantasy tower, but man that construction noise is right next to frontier tower. If I wanted an afternoon nap that would be tough in that tower.

The monorail was not open early enough for our liking for EE and it closes for a bit after nighttime entertainment. We also had one instance of it saying it was open, only to arrive to it closed in tomorrow land. That was a long walk back.

Our key opened the grand California gate.

The daily activities were a little lacking for me. The did have pumpkin painting and some signing/dancing groups.

We don't know how we will stay off site again.
Thanks for the report! Was construction on weekends or only weekdays?

I'm glad you enjoyed the DLH , I stayed not too long after the refurbished the rooms and still love them myself !
Though last year started getting spoiled with finding people who own at GCH villas and there's no going back for me until construction is done at the new tower at DLH , lol.

I'm a Trader Sam's regular , what seat did you get out of curiosity ? It's definitely not for everyone just was a bit curious since I go solo there 99% of the time and always make new friends , but again Tiki bars are my jam since I'm from Florida :)

I agree with the wifi , it can be really rough !

I loved reading all your reports !

I'm glad you enjoyed the DLH , I stayed not too long after the refurbished the rooms and still love them myself !
Though last year started getting spoiled with finding people who own at GCH villas and there's no going back for me until construction is done at the new tower at DLH , lol.

I'm a Trader Sam's regular , what seat did you get out of curiosity ? It's definitely not for everyone just was a bit curious since I go solo there 99% of the time and always make new friends , but again Tiki bars are my jam since I'm from Florida :)

I agree with the wifi , it can be really rough !

I loved reading all your reports !
It was an ADA seat in the back right corner. Lower to the ground and directly behind a shelf. So I couldn't see anything..

It was an ADA seat in the back right corner. Lower to the ground and directly behind a shelf. So I couldn't see anything..

Oh okay gotcha ! I've been seated there a few times and I can definitely understand as a first timer that not being ideal.
However the to go drinks are still super yum too , maybe another time ! :)

How was the construction noise by the pool?

Lol just kidding! Just saw your last post!

I was there a couple weeks ago - construction noise would be noticeable if you’re hanging out in a chair by the water slides all day. But we grabbed chairs in front of the Fantasy/Adventure Towers that were tucked back in the corner and the construction noise blended into the background and was pretty much unnoticeable. It didn’t bother us at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter