The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Are you including taxes with those prices? I forgot how much per night I got ours for so just calculated and we're paying $954 for the Woods-Courtyard at the GCH. :eek: I didn't realize we were paying that much per night.

We're doing CL premium at DLH over New Year's and that one came to $1,076 per night including tax. It would be nice if a discount came out for both.

I cleaned out my closet this weekend and found an old receipt for the Desert Palms Hotel back in 2011 in my keepsake bin at the top of the closet (I like to save those to look back on trips we've taken...I promise I'm not a hoarder!). We stayed 10 nights there for under $1,100 including tax. The juxtaposition of seeing that and seeing how much we're paying for onsite for one night is...jarring.

Are you including taxes with those prices? I forgot how much per night I got ours for so just calculated and we're paying $954 for the Woods-Courtyard at the GCH. :eek: I didn't realize we were paying that much per night.

We're doing CL premium at DLH over New Year's and that one came to $1,076 per night including tax. It would be nice if a discount came out for both.

I cleaned out my closet this weekend and found an old receipt for the Desert Palms Hotel back in 2011 in my keepsake bin at the top of the closet (I like to save those to look back on trips we've taken...I promise I'm not a hoarder!). We stayed 10 nights there for under $1,100 including tax. The juxtaposition of seeing that and seeing how much we're paying for onsite for one night is...jarring.
Mine are before taxes…

As someone who is there every Christmas to NY, if any discounts come out, they will exclude from about Dec 16-Jan 6th.

Has anyone been in the DLH club lounge on New Years Eve? We are considering watching the fireworks from there rather than inside the park. We did that (not on NYE) several years ago. Do they do anything special?

Has anyone been in the DLH club lounge on New Years Eve? We are considering watching the fireworks from there rather than inside the park. We did that (not on NYE) several years ago. Do they do anything special?
The lounge closes at 10p. There are decorations up.

I was able to book our 1st two nights at the DLH (deluxe view) with the Disney Chase card rate at $480 per night (w/o tax) for Sunday, Oct 30 and Mon, Oct 31st before we move to the GCH on Nov 1 for 4 nights. We currently also have a reservation for Park Vue on Harbor for the 30th and 31st that would save us about $300. We haven't fully decided which to keep but we are leaning (of course) to keeping the DLH stay depending on a couple of thigs.

It seems like construction noise isn't much of a problem when you are in your room, barring any unfortunate situations with workers outside your window, and that requesting Fantasy or Adventure Towers would help alleviate that problem. I am already expecting a less than ideal view because of construction but would like to be pleasantly surprised and have a good one. Any suggestions?

Another big plus to making the switch would be to be able to use EE on our check in day; does anyone know what time the front desk opens and if it would be possible to check in and still make it to security by 6:30ish am?

We are not pool people, so construction noise and crowding there isn't really an issue, but does the construction as a whole take away from the DLH experience? This hotel is on our bucket list, and I am trying to decide whether we should wait for when it is looking it's best or take the plunge now.

Thank you all so much for any help you can give me!

I was able to book our 1st two nights at the DLH (deluxe view) with the Disney Chase card rate at $480 per night (w/o tax) for Sunday, Oct 30 and Mon, Oct 31st before we move to the GCH on Nov 1 for 4 nights. We currently also have a reservation for Park Vue on Harbor for the 30th and 31st that would save us about $300. We haven't fully decided which to keep but we are leaning (of course) to keeping the DLH stay depending on a couple of thigs.

It seems like construction noise isn't much of a problem when you are in your room, barring any unfortunate situations with workers outside your window, and that requesting Fantasy or Adventure Towers would help alleviate that problem. I am already expecting a less than ideal view because of construction but would like to be pleasantly surprised and have a good one. Any suggestions?

Another big plus to making the switch would be to be able to use EE on our check in day; does anyone know what time the front desk opens and if it would be possible to check in and still make it to security by 6:30ish am?

We are not pool people, so construction noise and crowding there isn't really an issue, but does the construction as a whole take away from the DLH experience? This hotel is on our bucket list, and I am trying to decide whether we should wait for when it is looking it's best or take the plunge now.

I am a huge Disneyland hotel fan. We went twice this year, and honestly I'd wait to stay there if you're sure you can go again sometime. If you do go, your best bet for avoiding a bad view would be a parking lot facing view. Alot of the Downtown Disney views face a giant dirt construction pit. If you're in Fantasy tower you will be the furthest away from the construction, but you will still see it if you're pool facing.

If you've seen pictures of how DLH is right now and don't think you'd mind it you could stay in October, but the construction does take away from the experience in my opinion. You can't really avoid it since it's such a huge project. Also, even if you request a certain view or tower you aren't guarenteed to get it, so it's a bit of a gamble.

$300 savings would really come in handy at the parks, too!

It’s always open. We usually check-in around 5:30/6am so we can eat then use EE for our first day.

Has anyone been to the club lounge lately ? What sort of foods were offered ?
Thanks
We were there in June.

For breakfast they had:
Devilled eggs
sliced cheese
sliced meats
fruit including Mickey shaped watermelon slices :)
pastries
cereal
coffee, juice, tea,cocoa

Lunch/snack
Cookies
goldfish
fruit
uncrustables
tortilla chips and salsa
crackers
soda, juice, coffee

Dinner
Cheese
sliced meat
I think they had some fruit and cold vegetables, too.
3 types of hot appetizers. These varied from day to day. We had mini quiche, little pork sandwiches, spring rolls, mini hot dogs in pastry, bread, crackers, beef wellington puffs.
cookies

We never made it to the dessert, we were always at the park

Does anyone with building trades experience care to venture a guess on when the new DVC tower will be "topped out" and the majority of the work moves to the interior -- and perhaps is quieter?
We're going in April.

Hey guys I asked this as on the board but got no response we are doing two nights at DLR but I’m thinking of tacking on a night at PP. will Disney transport luggage or is that solely a WDW thing ? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter