The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Why oh why did they get rid of the Mickey head soaps? I get that the hotel is all remodeled and that is why it costs so much more, but now they are taking away the extra magic...I love those bottle!/end rant :)!

Why oh why did they get rid of the Mickey head soaps? I get that the hotel is all remodeled and that is why it costs so much more, but now they are taking away the extra magic...I love those bottle!/end rant :)!

I know, but cute nostalgia aside, I am REALLY looking forward to trying the H2O bath products they are using now at the DL hotel. Have heard nothing but fantastic things about the line from all the guests who have been able to try them out at some of the WDW resorts. Look on Amazon and see all the positive reviews. People use H2O products at WDW resorts and go home hooked on them. If the shampoo and conditioner in reality (for me) is as great as the reviews, I'll be ordering them too. (Maybe you can ask if there are some old Mickey bottles, soaps, etc. left when you go?)

If I remember correctly, they upgraded to H2O line at the deluxe resorts at WDW but not the value resorts (I don't think they upgraded at the moderates either) so the less expensive resorts get the traditional disney toiletries.

If I remember correctly, they upgraded to H2O line at the deluxe resorts at WDW but not the value resorts (I don't think they upgraded at the moderates either) so the less expensive resorts get the traditional disney toiletries.

There are different tiers of H2O bath products. So depending on where you stay you get different H2O lines.

There are different tiers of H2O bath products. So depending on where you stay you get different H2O lines.

Thanks, wasn't sure how it is currently. I know H2O's Aquatic line is a bit lower in price but even that has great reviews on Amazon. Do you know which level (or name of the line) of H2O is being used at the DLH now?

Thanks, wasn't sure how it is currently. I know H2O's Aquatic line is a bit lower in price but even that has great reviews on Amazon. Do you know which level (or name of the line) of H2O is being used at the DLH now?

Just a guess. At the GCH it may be H2O spa, and at the DLH and PPH H2O+ aquatic. Because at WDW the Grand Floridian gets spa, and others get aquatic +.

We got hooked on the H2O products at WDW. The Auquatics lotion is all the husband will use in the winter. I generally order in bulk for him so he never runs out. I've also tried a bunch of their other facial products and really like them. We had the opportunity to try the Spa line when we were on our Disney Cruise. Looooove the body butter! Smells so fresh! Bottom line: H2O products from both the Aquatics & Spa lines are wonderful. I'll look forward to having them when we get to DLH (hopefully next November). :)

We will be there from 11/28 to 12/4...should be QUITE a difference since the last time we stayed there in May 2010. popcorn::

Disneyland E-ticket pool opened yesterday Monday the 14th.

This link reports that and also has a video of other improvements and changes to the DLH.
http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2011/11/14/disneyland-hotel-opens-e-ticket-pool/100173/

Thanks for posting this link! Very nice video on that page. It's nice it shows more of the resort than just the pool. And the blue exterior doesn't seem so intense in the CA sun. I wish they'd shown the lobby but maybe it's not completely done yet.

We got H2O+ Spa at DLH last week.

That is good to know. I wonder if that is part of the reason the DLH has such a high rating 4 diamons like the GCH.

Now I also wonder what the PPH has.

Bumping to see if anyone has any recent photos of the new lobby. If so, please post the date and if it is finished (including artwork, decor, etc.) Thanks!

Finally found GREAT photos of the new DLH completed lobby from several angles! Gives a really good view of what it looks like. Also shows the new Mary Blair "small world" artwork and carpet. Hope it's okay to post from another website...it's the best photos I've seen of the new lobby. Now I feel better that it's not just blue, blue, blue. (Although behind the check in desk, it is.)

You have to scroll down about 3/4 of the page to get to them:

http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-...ess-disneyland-hotel-lobby-holidays-more.html

Finally found GREAT photos of the new DLH completed lobby from several angles! Gives a really good view of what it looks like. Also shows the new Mary Blair "small world" artwork and carpet. Hope it's okay to post from another website...it's the best photos I've seen of the new lobby. Now I feel better that it's not just blue, blue, blue. (Although behind the check in desk, it is.)

You have to scroll down about 3/4 of the page to get to them:

http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-...ess-disneyland-hotel-lobby-holidays-more.html

Thanks Rhonna! I am also not sure about protocol - whether it is OK to post links to other sites, but the photos are appreciated :)

Thanks Rhonna! I am also not sure about protocol - whether it is OK to post links to other sites, but the photos are appreciated :)

Welcome! :)

I just hoped it was okay to post because over many years and several internet boards I've learned that some unofficial disney websites have issues with other unofficial disney websites. Never could figure out who didn't like who or why but sometimes a mod would pull a post that included info. or links from another site. Hopefully that isn't an issue this time.

Welcome! :)

I just hoped it was okay to post because over many years and several internet boards I've learned that some unofficial disney websites have issues with other unofficial disney websites. Never could figure out who didn't like who or why but sometimes a mod would pull a post that included info. or links from another site. Hopefully that isn't an issue this time.

The DIS will block many sites. If you type one and it posts with stars in it, ******, it isn't ok. As long as you have no business interest in another Disney site you are welcome to share the links on the DIS.

I like this on the DIS, that if you see news on another site you can share it here and give a link so others can get details from the source. On other sites that don't allow you to see the competition, I find it to be a negative against them.

I have heard but not through official Disney sources that the DLH construction is now completely done.

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! I'm seriously considering booking DLH for our upcoming trip. This thread is persuasive ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! I'm seriously considering booking DLH for our upcoming trip. This thread is persuasive ;)

Defintely do if you can! We just got back from our 2nd stay at the DLH (1st time since the remodel) over Thanksgiving and it was wonderful! All the construction was finished and the new rooms are beautiful!

Defintely do if you can! We just got back from our 2nd stay at the DLH (1st time since the remodel) over Thanksgiving and it was wonderful! All the construction was finished and the new rooms are beautiful!

Hi MinnieMama - sounds like fun! If you have any photos you'd like to share (or a room review) please feel free to post them here or send them to me in a PM and I'll post them in the Photos / Reviews section.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter