The Disney Wish, what are you wishing for?

I thought it was crazy what RCCL did with the island as far as charging but then I was speaking with an officer onboard a Royal cruise and he mentioned the reason is they didn't want everything to have an hour wait to get to use it. If they offered some options as an upcharge it would control the crowds. Still plenty which is included.

I bet they do have crowd issues when you pull up to their island in a boat that holds 6 to 7 thousand passengers plus another 2 thousand staff and crew.

I would like better placement of the pathways in the adult pool area. As is now on the Dream and Fantasy those staying in concierges with children either have to go down a deck to deck 10 to cross over to the main pool area or walk through the adult pool area with the children. I would love to see a way around this issue, so children had no reason whatsoever to be in the adults only are.

I was so disappointed last week not to have the navigators in the room. Every night I had to go to guest services to pick one up and some nights the paper copy wasn't available until close to 11....I like the paper navigator on my bed. I would like it to be an option I could check, at check in.
On our cruise in May, we asked our room steward for Navigators. We had two on the bed every night after turn down. We will ask again on the next cruise.

On our cruise in May, we asked our room steward for Navigators. We had two on the bed every night after turn down. We will ask again on the next cruise.

I tried this in June. My cabin steward looked at me as if I had 2 heads. He said the paper navigators are now on the app. So I think this is hit or miss.

I tried this in June. My cabin steward looked at me as if I had 2 heads. He said the paper navigators are now on the app. So I think this is hit or miss.
Sorry to hear that. We're old and gray and told him we don't use technology that much... It may have helped. We were also doing a back to back in the same room. That may have helped too. Let's hope it is more hit than miss.

Sorry to hear that. We're old and gray and told him we don't use technology that much... It may have helped. We were also doing a back to back in the same room. That may have helped too. Let's hope it is more hit than miss.
You can also go down to Guest Services and put in a request to have them placed in your room every night, that's what I've heard is the best way to guarantee getting a daily copy.

You can also go down to Guest Services and put in a request to have them placed in your room every night, that's what I've heard is the best way to guarantee getting a daily copy.

Or just pick it up at Guest Services yourself. Easy peasy.

I would like better placement of the pathways in the adult pool area. As is now on the Dream and Fantasy those staying in concierges with children either have to go down a deck to deck 10 to cross over to the main pool area or walk through the adult pool area with the children. I would love to see a way around this issue, so children had no reason whatsoever to be in the adults only are.
Only the few staterooms on Deck 11 have to go through the Adult area. Deck 12 goes all the way across to the family pool, and everyone else can use the mid-ship elevator.

I would still like to see the elevators/stairs be aft of the adult pool like they are on the Classic ships just to stop the debate.

New menu selections in the MDRs. We have an upcoming cruise and the only thing I am looking forward to eating in the MDRs is the jerk chicken on Pirate night. I'll be the guy with a panini in his pocket.

Yes! I enjoy the food in the MDRs, but after just a handful of cruises I'm up for a change.

I'm sure this will be addressed with the new ships.

• Mexican food quick serve
  • Scavenger hunt type program for 15+ year olds
  • More adult oriented activities like interactive cooking classes, ballroom dancing (loved that on the recent 11 night), more trivia opportunities
  • BETTER COFFEE
  • Themed hallways (like the above mentioned themed rooms, but a hallway that is Star Wars themed, or whatever) - like the awesome Europa bathrooms on the Fantasy. Imagine a whole hall like that
  • More ethnic food like Chinese, Indian...either in MDR or quick serve
  • A Princess and the Frog show

• More adult oriented activities like interactive cooking classes, ballroom dancing (loved that on the recent 11 night), more trivia opportunities
  • BETTER COFFEE
  • Themed hallways (like the above mentioned themed rooms, but a hallway that is Star Wars themed, or whatever) - like the awesome Europa bathrooms on the Fantasy. Imagine a whole hall like that
Yes, Mexican food of some sort.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I thought the announcements were available on the information channel on the TV as well as the hallway speakers? Maybe have that channel as a preset memory on the remote you can just press and take you there. I would say have the TV automatically switch or display it like EBS but that would be problematic for folks that don't want to hear the optional announcements.

They are, and I think a preset remote channel would be a great idea. If the TV is on something else I never remember what the info channel is to switch to especially to get it there fast enough. so out to the hall it is.

An alternative could be to have a touchpad room control system [think like the cabanas on CC have to select the music selection] where you could select a few different things but one of them would be to touch a button on it and the speakers in the room would activate to the shipwide announcement. Or even the ability to always play the shipwide announcements inside the room -- let the guests control if they want those interruptions or not beyond the forced ones that are pushed to all rooms no matter what.

SW

• BETTER COFFEE

All these suggestions are great--I would love ballroom dancing and would appreciate food from more cultures to be represented on DCL menus (just a heads up since I am thinking you probably genuinely do not know, but the phrase "ethnic food" is considered to be ethnocentric and not polite--Caucasian is an ethnicity too, but we don't call french food "ethnic").

On the themed hallway idea I would say they should build on that and do something interactive with the themed elements. My kids just love that one interactive pirate picture where you can sail the ship around to find treasure. Midship detective is okay, but I'd prefer something you can just drop in and do for 5 minutes like the pirate ship to the big time investment of midship detective.

All these suggestions are great--I would love ballroom dancing and would appreciate food from more cultures to be represented on DCL menus (just a heads up since I am thinking you probably genuinely do not know, but the phrase "ethnic food" is considered to be ethnocentric and not polite--Caucasian is an ethnicity too, but we don't call french food "ethnic").

On the themed hallway idea I would say they should build on that and do something interactive with the themed elements. My kids just love that one interactive pirate picture where you can sail the ship around to find treasure. Midship detective is okay, but I'd prefer something you can just drop in and do for 5 minutes like the pirate ship to the big time investment of midship detective.
Would you be willing to go with "culturally diverse cuisines"?

And, food for thought, why is someone who's genetic ancestry is not from anywhere near the Caucasus called a Caucasian?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter