The Disney Alaskan Cruise Bible

ROOM SERVICE

f4rYdQAcSmgO1pksjMLUnOSap8Suz_Ho6FL3OETjEzmI7Ic28ZGAsxAj3oCIF8ZbedacCceCWrwFhdDre3kWFlUSHnkhg_JpAERh4hBGsXLpDEnWIzz6w7YgyABU-0s8ESeMRngX

You can get Mickey bars at any time from room service and in the dining rooms as dessert after lunch and dinner!

Breakfast is only continental, but you can order off the "all day" menu in the morning as well.

“We usually have room service b'fast and order the All Hands on Deck cheese platter (although it can be hit or miss on the variety/quantity of cheeses/crackers), Mickey ice cream bars and cookies several times throughout our cruise.”

You can order from room service up until midnight on your last night.

“You can request special things from room service as long as they are made from other things on the menu.”

“It's not on the room service menu, but we get the Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustables the night before a port day. Ask them not to heat it up and we keep it in the fridge until the next day. It makes a great snack to hold you over or if you have picky kids-this is their lunch.”

• Room service info: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/room-service/
  • You can order warm chocolate chip cookies or Mickey ice cream bars from room service even though it is not on the menu. The warm cookies are available in the evenings only.
  • Order cookies and milk from room service before bed.
  • give cash tips when you get room service ”bring a lot of 1’s and a couple 5’s and keep in a secured envelope in the room (not left out where it can be mistaken as an awesome tip) most people tip about $1 – $2 per person
Room Service people only make tips no wage…

• $2 bills are a really fun use for tips
hnMeYp3LNcVPe_gemEvZmn4SlrOOFoq15aPMU9LtD3qT7VQvzlwab_PwmDRIWS6Bun6VLPVkigEdGzyCVfiZVoa-EzBr4KhfUmh49Ywy7rAyikry0Mfma0IHxRgcToVbTzWKcQo0

“If you like coffee first thing in the a.m. or want to have your first cup of coffee on veranda in your PJs order a carafe of coffee from room service night before - trust me it is still hot in the morning. They will bring you cups, cream, sweetener, etc and you do not have to get dressed to go get your coffee.”

GENERAL DINING TIPS

• At least one of the pool deck food station will be open until midnight, usually pizza.
  • From midnight until breakfast time (6:30 or so) room service is the only food option.
“I also ask for a shrimp cocktail with dinner every evening even if it isn't on the menu. Works most nights.”

• Never be afraid to ask for modifications to items on the menu in the dining rooms. Ask for what you want, and the serving team will do their best.
  • You can get ginger ale or a Shirley temple at the main dining rooms at no charge
  • Smoothies at dinner (as elsewhere) are an extra fee
X84rsFMiYydpTCL3egLnJiJzJs3-3ZQHTXO37KsBYzDtMIwgUtSEdBtgW6_C6z8uRM7-spX-m9VFZHYtERNJo83yyMHi4UbkKDUmTgy_g6SMUoJMPiV1sMkfNNKcTvha8DMxz9JB

• You can actually order the chocolate soufflés (from Palo) from your head server (if you are really nice to them) in the main dining rooms
“Anyone can order this on any cruise. Just ask for the Indian dinner rotation. They have a set menu (that they don't advertise) and they have veg and non-veg options every night. You need to request it the night before though, so order it on the first night so they'll have it the second night.”

“If you like cheese, ask your waiter to have a cheese tray ready for you the next night at dinner. When you get to your table the next night a tray of various cheeses and crackers will be waiting. No extra charge.”

“They put margarine out on the dinner tables, but they do have real butter, you just have to ask for it.”

• If you like ethnic foods like Indian, Filipino, Thai etc ask your Head Server and he will recommend what is available. They will have it for you the next day for dinner if you like. Since the crew is mostly international they tend to have a chef in the kitchen from their country who will prepare something for them. They are more than happy to share and appreciate the fact that you appreciate their culture through food.
“Do not go to dinner early. You will just end up waiting in a long line. Wait until about 5 minutes after the time and just join the end of the line.”

“On my DS' first cruise he would only eat long spaghetti, and wouldn't eat the Mickey ones!! We asked for the regular and the waiter told us that they didn't have any in that kitchen, but he would see what he could do. Well, he got it for my son!! We found out after that they had to send someone to a kitchen on the other end of the ship to get it and cook it for him!! THEY ARE GREAT!!!!”

“Be sure to tell your wait staff if you will not be at dinner as they will try to serve the entire table at the same time. If you won't be at dinner (or if you are late you are inconveniencing everyone at your sitting.)”

• Dining rooms have high chairs and booster seats. They are the sturdy wooden ones like at restaurants. If you tell your server on the first night at dinner that you want one, they will have it waiting for you every night after that.
  • The dining rooms give kids a different coloring-page and crayons every night at dinner. Be prepared, and bring some small toys that might entertain your little ones, or check them into Flounders Reef before you go to eat.
“SOME of the tablecloths are designed to be colored on, don’t freak out if you see others coloring their tables, but don’t color without asking first either!”

SHOPPING ON BOARD

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique packages combine glamorous hairstyles, shimmering makeup and fanciful nails. Choose from the following looks:

Disney Diva
Fairy-Tale Princess
Princess costumes—complete with crown and wand—are also available, as are costume packages exclusive to Disney Cruise Line.

Young sailors looking for a transformation that is less glitz and more dapper can also join in on the fun at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique by becoming a noble knight or sea-loving captain!

Sea Treasures

bIVwlGk1ocTvr73Slb3TKVdojcX-DvnkMlVoC5S5xd_MfaHvlEQegK2i1ue-I-QmC5mGmq33pWSfU8C1QZY3v8Z3pvR7whOU2x2bpBuKg6IZjE3FNcyi1lD5t06re6_jTXTJlGQu

Directly across from Mickey's Mates/Mickey's Mainsail is this upscale shop featuring fine sportswear, swimwear and intimate apparel. You'll also find duty-free watches, crystal, fragrances, handbags, accessories and exclusive Disney collectibles and animation cels.

Mickey’s Mainsail

Located on Deck 4 midship, this shop features all your favorite Disney and Disney Cruise Line merchandise including clothes, pins, postcards, DVDs, plush toys, novelties and other souvenirs.

White Caps

BPzjgAnxDaiUbAUhyjzaUfkY-5OSGUYxepycuFSyNbwVbrv8W6-hPlf8W1jCo4UkpNpl9UVaNphxpEt1U6yBplwvV7m4xeGF9nzSq7Gzu7-XydsriTGo_DoBclac7zioBU31whzf

Located on Deck 4 forward, White Caps is your one-stop sea-going shop, stocked with everything from sundries and fragrances, to designer handbags and fine jewelry, to tax- and duty-free premium liquor and imported cigars.

Be aware, however, that these are delivered to your room the last night of your cruise and can NOT be consumed on the ship. If you purchase liquor the last day of the cruise, you are allowed to drink it on the ship. However, you can not walk through customs with an open container, so drink up!

Vista Gallery

You might not think of buying Fine Art on a Disney Cruise, but they do offer a variety of pricey original pieces. They claim to be "rock bottom prices" at 70% off gallery prices on land, but I would suggest you do some research before you commit to a large purchase. Use one of the computers onboard to do some online research before you fork out thousands of dollars. Also note that on top of the price they quote at the auction, Disney Cruise Line adds an additional fee. Even if you're not going to buy art, you can always attend the auction for the experience, and also receive a complimentary cocktail (Cosmopolitan).

INDOOR FAMILY SPACES

D Lounge

At D Lounge, you’re the star, with family-friendly entertainment like karaoke, trivia game shows and dance parties. A colorful yet casual atmosphere and spacious, comfortable seating make this lounge the perfect gathering place for the whole clan.

Buy drinks including cocktails, smoothies and sodas, and boogie down with your best moves!

I0vLnByCHJLBpT-kL_28S8cmwuwvvC-Umi2GpmmlxwFIeVs-3opJfQ_pkOMNE7K7989-kqjtjzlSpUk_AMCa5dqTYAwrqhTo5ukg0x1EnK5HDq11mqOvxqVgy6BovUZtn_T4mrxZ

As the sun sets, D Lounge transforms into a family-friendly nightclub featuring lively dance parties and fun contests. Check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app or Personal Navigator newsletter for specific times.

D Lounge also features a full bar serving a selection of wines and cocktails. Nonalcoholic beverages, including sparkling sodas and fruit smoothies, are also available for purchase.

Promenade Lounge

The Promenade Lounge, on Deck 3 Aft, hosts family activities during the day and live music at night. Done in the same Art Deco style as the rest of the Magic, with cherry wood finishes, cream lights and brass accents. Free snacks are served starting in the afternoon – mostly chips, salsa and the like.

A set of 16 computers lines one wall of the Lounge, providing 24-hour internet access. Because nothing goes together like alcohol and the Web. Televisions show news and sports during the day.

gAShwW1akh_PW045l4bdSkABDz-5YhYEutUTSDg9wS0AxPKq8H356XnvNPGPB1rPp2O7oEi4ca-zz_pf4BQC-ls7mlVTX6y9Q1sGcngohp1ApDEu65bKBsybGHuNEOeYrPKk4FNu

Nighttime entertainment is usually provided by a live singing duo, such as a pianist and vocalist, and this is an enjoyable way to spend half an hour after a meal.

ADULT SPACES

Yes most of us love kids, especially our own, but that doesn’t mean we want to be next to them all the time!

Quiet Cove

Adults wanting to relax can head down to the appropriately named Quiet Cove pool to stretch out in a teak lounge chair, grab a drink at the poolside bar or soak in one of the whirlpool spas—all without fear of an incoming cannonball.

Signals

Answer the call for rest and refreshment at this breezy bar next to the Quiet Cove Pool. Offering views of the sea, shore and sunset from Deck 9, Signals is a superb spot for breathing easy and savoring a mixed drink.

EYVtn0cpmWS2tei0rLafkGC9xi941En_05M13-bra13kYrRRj-F5B2yJdmfg3Mtnkxn1E4L7_JekeKGUfIgHJRdzaVuM-Xh8WyPfeINU6Pgw8_GVVMvoo8BCX6ERGUNsAQomzf7M

AFTER HOURS ADULT DISTRICT

The adults-only district, After Hours, offers three distinct spaces for grownups to hang out without children underfoot.

Azure

With a sleek nightclub vibe Azure houses the ship’s DJ, musicians and comedians.

O_AHTj7ZIbj5LAId4OFW8mCOX1d77oL48HLzihrDmmOxrM7tcI5igWHY8xDFxigYku3q4ifV482U_DBXyUchzxmePbmewk6h_-XeAHSgKLu7Ur1mx6I0LiD8ucyhc_3H5Qzz8wjS

The Cadillac Lounge

_v3Giy6yepCbxA6vPDWb7LM6MUDq1EEivowfVKPKuPJFDfNhbV2kZHErmMSBO_B-TSJIv-hdJFS4pA7VNVqLbSBYgeiLjdELkCGMxFZrvQYzdHYyBMMOIXLr0ah-82wrvRQ-Ak9Y

Features live piano music nightly and classic car themed furnishings (think a bar with giant headlights, leather seats that look like they’ve been stripped from an old Cadillac and tires that serve as side tables).

Crown & Fin Pub

A cozy British tavern with plush leather seating, craft beer on tap and Brit rock on the speakers. The true anglophiles will spot callouts to certain Disney films, and other British favorites in the décor—a newspaper announcing Mr. Toad’s arrest, Mary Poppins’ umbrella, and artwork from Bedknobs and Broomsticks and 101 Dalmatians adorn the walls, even a nod to Doctor Who.

bgm1pFi1gVrx_vRIeWPbEE6wZ3YcfYBqqNKCByQ-2Lo7TyT1dTR7UIl5-GmXFGolx9niVivim-_sb8DQlKkkAETJkfITbudKjOSfGnxvFXpUMFhaNkvndukv3IqBz7i080qWV7Tx

“In the adult lounge area on the lower decks, there is a (small) hot snack buffet available for an hour or so around 11:00 – midnight, either in the pub or the hallway between the various lounges. Usually there’s something like a build-your-own nacho bar, plus some sort of hot savory like pigs in a blanket or egg rolls.”

ALCOHOL

The Beverage Policy

There are many places onboard a Disney ship for an adult to order a drink. While the ship may sail to ports where the drinking age is under 21, the drinking age on a Disney Cruise Line ship is 21; what is done while in port is another story. Just don’t be stupid — laws are much different in the ports than at home.

Disney Cruise Line permits guests to bring a limited amount of wine, champagne or beer onboard at embarkation. This privilege does come with a few rules. First, all alcohol must be carried on with you at embarkation. Any beverages found in checked luggage (or bought at port or Whitecaps) will be removed, stored, and returned at the end of the cruise.

The other rule is that any alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public areas. The exception to this rule allows for bottles of wine to be taken to dinner for a $20 $25 corking fee.

Drink of the Day

J2FOWa0sMbWjupA8ie8XhfukCShhMoU2DX30vU4_YO0ACtXARUH5SAtdDX6OakiKp58BL7Sh-l-BeToE7ztM0iixpmqslNaQ9ZSgu9n-ZepJBqBCpBIteuJvt-QlbDvOo06vVixM

Each day you can find the featured Drink of the Day on your Personal Navigator. As of January 2017, the drinks are $4.75 plus tax and 15% gratuity, which make them $5.46. The non-alcoholic drinks of the day are $4.25 plus tax making them $4.89.

The Beer Mug

Zd--MZs9WsmQ8RdBs1oNRGoqWl4OVgGQ9LqzPaM62d1RlarcySf3cnrnFr3TYGghA56bXWByTkU5EIY30KFh4Om1PHaiiYyUY4STXqoxBj8BWGSryGP3DvLwbs5L8sjl5uxUg55C

For $14.95 you can buy a 22 oz. Disney Cruise Line, glass beer mug with the beer of your choice. For the remainder of your cruise, you can have it refilled for the price of a 16 oz! The bars will exchange the mug for a beer mug token when you are finished to take the weight and responsibility of the the glass mug off your hands until you are ready for a refill. It is also nice at the end of your cruise to exchange for a clean mug to pack in your luggage.

“After doing a lot of calculating, if you don't plant to drink more than 1 beer a day, this beer mug package isn't for you (unless you just want the keepsake mug.)”

WINE

• Corkage fee - $25.00 per bottle that YOU bring to the dining room.
  • No one has ever reported being charged for bringing a glass of wine they poured themselves in their rooms.

Wow, this is a beautiful site and you have spent so much time uploading pictures (which are great) and information. Thanks. I've enjoyed just reading stuff I never knew about -- like the Crown and Fin in one picture. What ship is that on?

Wow, this is a beautiful site and you have spent so much time uploading pictures (which are great) and information. Thanks. I've enjoyed just reading stuff I never knew about -- like the Crown and Fin in one picture. What ship is that on?

Thank you, it took a lot of time, and I figured others would like to have all of the information in one spot too.
All of this is on the Wonder, Crown and Fin is from the recent dry dock updates.

FWIW, I have never known anyone to be able to get Palo soufflé in the MDRs - and I've known people who are the most polite people in the world who have asked.

I think the term you're looking for rather than "if you're really nice to them" is "if you bribe them" and even then it's not a guarantee.

Honestly leave special things special. Palo food in Palo only.

FWIW, I have never known anyone to be able to get Palo soufflé in the MDRs - and I've known people who are the most polite people in the world who have asked.

I think the term you're looking for rather than "if you're really nice to them" is "if you bribe them" and even then it's not a guarantee.

Honestly leave special things special. Palo food in Palo only.
yvmv I don't have any personal experience, but this fact made it in a book after the third person in a thread said it happened for them. I've read tens of thousands of individual posts here in that the last year though so I couldn't possibly point you to who said it or when. Perhaps they were all concierge? In any case nobody indicated that, and the tips I include are not based on my values but things people report that I believe may be of interest to others. For example, I don't drink, but I know people do and would like that information.

yvmv I don't have any personal experience, but this fact made it in a book after the third person in a thread said it happened for them. I've read tens of thousands of individual posts here in that the last year though so I couldn't possibly point you to who said it or when. Perhaps they were all concierge? In any case nobody indicated that, and the tips I include are not based on my values but things people report that I believe may be of interest to others. For example, I don't drink, but I know people do and would like that information.

But this is something that is NOT usual and honestly I don't think it should be spread around. That's how the dropping things off at guest services to get signed had to be stopped. Someone read about it on here and more and more people were taking things saying "I read on the DIS Boards" (the most hated 6 words any Disney cast or crew member can hear) and it turned into more than a full time job and they had to stop it.

There are a whole lot more than three people who have asked and been turned down.

Trust me, I love my Palo chocolate soufflé as much as anyone, but I would never dream of asking for special treatment to get it in the MDR. I book Palo to have that.

That's how the dropping things off at guest services to get signed had to be stopped. Someone read about it on here and more and more people were taking things saying "I read on the DIS Boards" (the most hated 6 words any Disney cast or crew member can hear) and it turned into more than a full time job and they had to stop it.

Yes. I have also read several reports of servers telling people that, like the guest services signatures, this special treat was already getting out of hand and officially stopped.

I've also suggested that there is old information (Palo tea) and OP wasn't terribly open to hearing that either. It was not available as a sign up for my cruise next week and it has not been listed on any of this year's Navigators.

This is a good document that clearly took a lot of work. However, as with any guide book, it needs constant updating as things change.

Last edited:
OP, I appreciate what you are doing, and I see you are pulling some of this info straight off of the DIS.
However, there is outdated info included, which is not super helpful to someone coming to this thread, thinking that this is *the* compilation of info for the DCL Alaska cruises.

For instance, I am 99% positive there is no art auction. I see a reference to that here on wdwinfo, although in 2 cruises on the Wonder, including Alaska 2017, I never heard of such an event. There is art for sale, and not inexpensive at that.

And although I don't travel with kids, I have never seen anyone color directly on a tablecloth. Someone with kids can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Like I said, these are direct quotes that I usually cannot verify one way or another if I have proof something is inaccurate I remove or change it, if I have a recent person say it is so I keep it, no one has mentioned anything about the art auctions in a while, but I read a trip report a few months ago where someone won a bid, so I saw no reason to assume the information was inaccurate.

Was that a recent trip report, and was it from the Wonder? I'm just back from Alaska last month and there was no art auction. If there was, there was zero publicity.
Also, at least on night 4 of our cruise, Cabanas was not a sit-down restaurant for dinner. It was buffet style, and that was not on the first or last night of the cruise.

We're just trying to help-- you said at the start of the thread that you were happy for people to help with corrections/clarifications. Now you need to do your part and not assume there are things that aren't there based on out-dated info on the DIS or people's reports that you can't recall when/where they were posted.

However, there is outdated info included, which is not super helpful to someone coming to this thread, thinking that this is *the* compilation of info for the DCL Alaska cruises.

We're just trying to help-- you said at the start of the thread that you were happy for people to help with corrections/clarifications. Now you need to do your part and not assume there are things that aren't there based on out-dated info on the DIS or people's reports that you can't recall when/where they were posted.

Agree with both of these. I saw that you also shared this via direct file link on Facebook. By calling this the Bible, you are putting a lot of weight behind what you've written. However, if you were to instead call it a compilation of all your research, readers would be better able to understand that these are not your own experiences or DCL official policy. As it stands now, it reads very much as though everything presented is fact rather than third party infirmation that may or may not be current.

Yes. I have also read several reports of servers telling people that, like the guest services signatures, this special treat was already getting out of hand and officially stopped.

I've also suggested that there is old information (Palo tea) and OP wasn't terribly open to hearing that either. It was not available as a sign up for my cruise next week and it has not been listed on any of this year's Navigators.

This is a good document that clearly took a lot of work. However, as with any guide book, it needs constant updating as things change.

Palo tea stopped years ago (and is still terribly missed by many!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter