• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/25/09

why do you have to tell your bank your out of town? Do they put a hold on your $$ so DH doesn't buy new cars routinely? LOL

No, every time I go to WDW it doesn't matter if I charge $5 or $500 they always block the transaction so it's easier to just call them before I leave. I guess it's a good thing, just kind of a pain.
we have reached our max for cars, at least for now. DH did find a car for DD3, and a factory color in 1959 was pink! She's in love!

Happy Birthday BAMB's DH! (do you know how hard it is not to call him by name! LOL)

He's the Bernard to my Bianca. I guess you can call him by name, as long as stalker lady from GA isn't on here. LOL
He says thank you!

Happy Birthday to your hubby, Buffy!! (It's my birthday too!)

Safety first!!! I have to read and re-read when I post to make sure I don't put family names on here... LOL

Tell PrincessBlink, Auntie Nan gets use of that car first!!! I need a pink car.. DH said "oh, heck no!"... LOL

That is nice though the bank does that.. wish ours did...but it doesn't...

Happy Birthday to your hubby, Buffy!! (It's my birthday too!)

birthday_clipart_04.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J and J
and
Mr. Blink!

both of you enjoy your day!!!

Nan- wowzer. you've got your hands full with that one!
Jennifer- we so wish we knew who bubba's teacher was. lucky you.
and your bro works for NASA? are ya kiddin' me?
bubba was an astronaut for halloween. he's totally into the whole NASA thing.
i'd love to see the shuttle go off. and i'm just geeky also. not a science geek!

OH PO3, it keeps getting better...
they have given us 3 names... and now DH is doing all the leg work.. since it's his insurance they won't talk to me..and they can't talk to the EX b/c she keeps giving the wrong info which is what some of the problem is.. she keeps giving her info for our info..and we cover insurance.. DH finally had to tell her to sit down and he'll drive the insurance vehicle and take care of it and will call her... he has a call out now to an ortho that is covered to check on pricing so we aren't gonna get slapped crazy.. EX just spent $30 on a temp brace for his back..but when I look on line it looks like that is what he is going to be getting..so what is the point of paying for the same thing she already paid for? and why does the doctor send us to someone out of network..they have our insurance info... plus we also found out it has to pre-certified so the docs office has to fill out additional info (and of course we had to tell them this!)

oh, and winkflash has not replied to either of my 2 emails.. 1 was about the situation and I would like it rectified.. 2. was about the fact I shipped it back priority and would like them to reimburse me for their error... NO response.. what great customer service.. :(

than there was a big bang.. but no one can find where it came from..but I did notice there is Christmas decorations all over the backyard of the neighbors but she seems to be sorting it..and there is no way that tub of decorations made the sounds of a falling tree... even the police stopped by to see what we heard...

found out the mysterious big bang.. neighbor drove thru her garage, thru her fence and into a tree line (seems vehicle is kind of ramped up the fence @ angle w/ tree bent over under the fence)... they are okay... only damage is garage, fence and her nerves, and I'm sure the vehicle but I can't see anything because of the trees (evergreens)... She said, she had been wanting to clean the garage for a while now... (she is in her late 80s; early 90s)

Oh, bless her heart, Nan!!! That's awful! Glad she's ok, though!

B&MB--HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH!!! And I'm willing to do some drive time on Princess Blink's pink car! ;)

Ash--I missed the post the other day. . .glad DD's first day of school went well!

JandJ--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jennifer--that's so cool that your bro works for NASA!!! Love that stuff!!

HOLY COW Nan! you've had a full day. what the heck is going on over there in Indiana? you need to chill out now for the rest of the night. that's it.
that poor woman must have been scared to death. poor thing.
winkflash-needs a slap!
x-needs a dble slap!
:lmao:

I'm with Holly! Holy cow, Nan! That poor lady.

Morgansmom and SIOH- thanks! She had another good day- there was a more defined group of girls that she played/ate with.

Happy Birthday BAMB's DH and JandJ!!!

Morgansmom and SIOH- thanks! She had another good day- there was a more defined group of girls that she played/ate with.

Oh Ashley, don't you feel so much better! i know i would. she will fit right in, i'm sure.
Bubba has had a play date today and his friend that's been here all day- has the same birthday as him- and they are like brother and sister. i tell ya. it's funny to listen to them. they are like an old married couple!

I'm with Holly! Holy cow, Nan! That poor lady.

Happy Birthday BAMB's DH and JandJ!!!

Glad today went well!!! And that's wonderful that she's finding a "group"!!!

Oh Ashley, don't you feel so much better! i know i would. she will fit right in, i'm sure.
Bubba has had a play date today and his friend that's been here all day- has the same birthday as him- and they are like brother and sister. i tell ya. it's funny to listen to them. they are like an old married couple!

Glad today went well!!! And that's wonderful that she's finding a "group"!!!

I do feel so much better. I tell ya, I did some big time praying for her this summer! I know that 4th is such a big year socially for girls, so I'm gonna keep on praying! She is a very social, likable, confident kid (so I've been told, around DH and me, she is mute in front of others).

Holly, that's too funny. That's awesome that she and Bubba are close.

Holly and anyone else interested

Rock of ages was great. The visitors center has a movie and information exhibits. then for $15 (2 adults and 2 kids) you can take a bus up to the quarry and there is a tour guide that talks the trip up and then at the quarry, you can watch them work and hopefully see them extract a chunk. Then they take you out through the back side of the work area and tell you all about the different types of granite.

You can do a self guided tour through the top if the actual factory where you can watch the artist actually work. check the hours though because it looks like they don't do weekends.

for an additional fee the kids (10 and 12 dollars) depending on the size they can pick a design and actually sandblast in a big sandblasting unit. they boys had a blast and it made for the BEST souvenier ever.

off to get the boys to bed school tomorrow

Ok, still no response from winkflash.. PO3, can you find me the address for the BBB in North Kingstown, RI? Thanks babe!

I don't know what is going on in Indiana..but it's just nuts.. got more info on the ortho issue... my gosh.. insurance is stupid.. DH will be fighting w/ them tomorrow. He did talk to the ortho we were originally referred to and they said they'd give us a break...but we need to figure all this out.. EX isn't happy says she can't cough up the out of pocket.. well, it's not like my tree if throwin' dollar bills out me to cover it.. something will have to be worked out.. we are only covering our half..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter