• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/13/10

Sign up at VistaPrint.com for their newsletters (a couple months before the next cruise, or they'll drive you batty with emails).

Here's what I did.

This is what I ended up with for one set of gifts.

livepreview.aspx

livepreview.aspx

I added the itinerary to the back, along with the line down the middle, so it can actually be a postcard that can be postmarked at Castaway Cay.

I did a business card size magnet with the same image (but no words).

livepreview.aspx

At this point, I don't have enough of the magnets, but I'm sure I'll get another email for freebies before we leave.

I also made some business cards with the same image to put in with the gifts (Enjoy Your Cruise! with our names), with a tip chart on the back. I'm going to have LOTS of those leftover ;)

Still thinking about making bookmarks, but I need over 100. I made a SCAL file out of a Disney pin of Mickey dressed as a ghost.

Oh, I didn't know about the bubbles thing, thanks for the update. Back when we did it (like 6yrs ago) there weren't any others doing it. Just us in the DIS group.

I also did lime green wrist bands for the group, and wore a lime green shirt, and a lime green boa at the sail away party, planned the DIS Meet lunch ...but not doing any of that this time. I lost money on the wristbands (don't you hate when people say they will pay, then don't follow through!) They didn't have FE's when we went last time... that started later, but I did decorate our door with magnets.

DH will get a kick out of the leis. I'm planning on doing the FE's for the 4day, but not doing anything for the 3 day except decorating the door...

I've got most of the supplies for the Mickey head tie-dyed shirts (I need a few more 100% cotton t-shirts). We're doing them in Halloween colors - Black and Orange and Purple and Green, and then doing a Red, White and Blue, and a whatever each. DH will not be happy to be so matchy matchy, but who cares :)

Oh, and I'm paying it off today, hoping I can make Palo reservations this afternoon!

Sign up at VistaPrint.com for their newsletters (a couple months before the next cruise, or they'll drive you batty with emails).

Here's what I did.

This is what I ended up with for one set of gifts.

livepreview.aspx

livepreview.aspx

I added the itinerary to the back, along with the line down the middle, so it can actually be a postcard that can be postmarked at Castaway Cay.

I did a business card size magnet with the same image (but no words).

livepreview.aspx

At this point, I don't have enough of the magnets, but I'm sure I'll get another email for freebies before we leave.

I also made some business cards with the same image to put in with the gifts (Enjoy Your Cruise! with our names), with a tip chart on the back. I'm going to have LOTS of those leftover ;)

Still thinking about making bookmarks, but I need over 100. I made a SCAL file out of a Disney pin of Mickey dressed as a ghost.

:( I can't see the images

Jennifer - I love those postcards! That's awesome!!!!!

Deb - great news! Amazing when they surprise you with a burst of initiative, isn't it?

I'm sure you're talking about your husband, and not me, right? Because I always have initiative! It's just not always for what you want me to be doing at the moment.

:lmao:

Oh they are so cute!! Great idea!!

Vista printing didn't have a prob with the licensed stuff?

Good Morning...

Been running around all morning. On the phone first with Shamrock, then with PBF. Going scrapping with PBF and ZTH. I can believe my other daughter is leaving for 6 months in just a few days!!! That's OK I'm selflessly planning a visit with her mom to see her during Food and Wine ;)

Had a nice breakfast in the gazego with dh this morning.
Call Shamrock
Call PBF
Email dh (even thought we are in the same house!)
Feed the Bean
Clean kitchen
Load dishwasher
Put away laundry
Shower
Target
ACMoore
Lunch
Pack for crop
Make up weekend list

Have a great day everyone

Rhonda

OK I may be a bit late today...but already page 3!!? WOW!!

LOVE the magnets!! May have to steal that idea!! You will love the Halloween Cruise! So much fun!

Coffee
DIS?FB
reboot laundry
reboot dishes
go ride horse
go to feed store
lunch with friend
home
call lady about a horse
call cousin to see if we can invade her house on Sunday
make appt with barn manufacturer
zone work - kitchen
make some journal boxes
start house book - PU;d pics from Costco - ready to go!!

Everyone have a fun weekend!!

Debbie ~ had DS come back from the college yet??? Any ideas what he wants to go into?

Aww, thanks for asking Nan!

Yes, he came home, and was so poud of himself :lovestruc He was in and out because he was early today (wow, maybe mom and dad really aren't as dumb as he thinks we are... :lmao:) Got his ID and his parking pass, paid his tuition...

He did have another bit of a learning experience though (yet again). He did guidance, 2 english classes and 1 math were decided on. Then he went and registered, and that girl put him in the wrong math class... I noticed it when he showed me the paperwork when he got home. Poor kid has learned early to double check everything while in front of the person, not later! It's a good life lesson to learn... So, he had to go back again :lmao: He is now at the mall with his friends relaxing and having lunch...

As for the "major", he's in a much better frame of mind today, and going to just get started, and see what he likes after this term. I'm OK with that, and he seems to be less "teenage angst" today, so the crisis is over for now... What a difference a day can make!

OH yes... College kids must always check their registration/class numbers before they leave the building.. He will learn from that mistake!!!! But that is one we've all made!!!!
As for deciding on a major after the first year/term a lot of kids/adults change their minds.. I know I did.. I went for teaching...then decided on nursing... big factor to change my degree was the fact that when I was doing my student teaching (not alone but helping in classrooms) I was being asked out constantly.. OMG! It was always a bet to see how many offers I got by the end of the day..ERKG!

Well, anyway, I'm glad he is thinking a little more clearly today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter