• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/13/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 8/13/10

It's Friday the 13th!! :scared1:

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Feed Pups

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Make oreo truffles for party tomorrow

Wrap baby gifties

Work at 3p

Dinner- subs at work

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Mornin'!!! (Night still but I'm getting a jump on things)

Have a good day at work and hope things are better today for you!! :hug:

Today:

up
DS9 up, ready, bkfst
make bed
empty dishwasher
grab DS9's lunch from fridge
DS9 out the door
work on sketch LO #2
older kids up, ready, bkfst

make beds
sweep kitchen/DR
finish #3 LO of sketch
older kids out the door
finish #4 LO
bag/tag final group for sketch LO
open up the mailer/insert final group in

clean up scrap area/organize piles for the upcoming move next weekend
pick up elem kids from school @ 210pm
DD home from school @ 225pm (no college classes til 8/24)
homework duty

DD back to school to meet DS14 (both have practices til 6pm)
DD to bring DS14 home w/ her (or if she is done early, I will go back)
make sure DS9's football uniform is ready to go for photos Saturday & games
dinner
homework duty (yes, they are doing homework because Sat is busy/Sunday PJ has a test to study for)
pick up DH about midnight when he returns from trip
crash

Why, hey there strangers.

Coming back to the land of the living... sort of. Considering I haven't gone to sleep before 3 am (probably more like 4) for about a week, I don't know if it's really the land of the living.

Today:

Work on "F"astpass page
Start (maybe finish?) "A"ll Moused Out - at least stickle title "A."
Kit things
Sleep
Up
Go to mall to purchase a new laptop case, as mine became polyurethaned, and is now covered in baby oil, in my misguided attempts to fix it. I have had a lot of issues with baby oil over the years - like the time I used it to clean the floor. Oops.
Home
Shower
Kit more things
Lunch out with friend for her 21st birthday - we're partying by going and getting Indian food! She's like me in that she doesn't drink, so it's just another year gone by for her.
Back to her house, where my mom will pick us and her mom up, so we can go up to the crop!
Crop until midnight! Woo!
Home, hopefully to sleep...

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy Friday the 13th! My brother is freaking out about it.

Good morning!! It's FRIDAY!!!!! Definitely doing the happy dance about that!!

Deb, I hope things are better today!
Nan, good luck getting everything done!!
Danica, almost Disney time!! WOW!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Pack my lunch

4. DS's stuff together
5. DS up
6. DS to mom's
7. Work
8. Pick up DS
9. Make grocery list
10. Make weekend "to-do" list
11. Scrap while my guys go to grocery store
12. Just relax. . .that is all!!

Enjoy the day, everyone!!

Deb, hope today is a good one!
Nan, just reading your list makes me tired!
Danica and Linda have fun at your crops!

My day:
Work
Put dates for scrapbook class on our store class calendar - I finally get to go ahead with the class!
Call the ladies that have expressed interest in taking the class and keep my fingers crossed that they will sign up
Dinner -- ??
Pick DH up at the car rental place - he's been out of town all week at a conference
Wait up for DS and see how his skating boot camp went. He's attending an inline speed skating boot camp this weekend at the local rink. It's being put on by 2 Olympic speed skaters (2 others will be there too!).

Have an awesome day everyone!

Linda--have fun!!
DIT--pixie dust that all of the ladies sign up for your class!! I bet they will--I would!!!

morning all

busy on headed out in a few.

pic up pics from walgreens
work (senator is coming to present grant :banana::banana: we need this one and it's been approved for the last 8 months or more)
survive work
home
turn around and leave again for swim program fun from the reading program 2-4
home to more laundry
vac
dinner???

have a great day all I'll catch up on the reading when I get back tonight

dust for everyone that needs it.

Good Morning!

Joyah- good for you all!

Today:
children's service
check on things for parties tomorrow
dinner- sausages with ????
bible study
water aerobics
bullitens (we have a busy day tomorrow so we have to do the Sat. things today)
finish sketch swap

Rebecca

DIT ~ Text DS and tell him that if Apolo O shows up that his Auntie Nan wants a photo!!!! PLEASE!!!!! I'd sell off DH to the highest bidder for Apolo O!!!! :) LOL ** yes, I know there is a difference in the two sports..but I can hope, can't I? **

So, Just when you are ready to sell them off to the circus, they manage to surprise you. :faint:

I heard the pups making noise, and get up to find DS18 up and getting ready to go up to the college. He has fed the pups, and even woke his brother up for work :confused3

I did have a "chat" with him last night and said that if school isn't his thing, fine I don't expect him to be a scholar. Even though he is smart enough. He just needs to find a career for now, not even forever, get a degree to do that job. He has to find something that is interesting to him. He did the math himself using full time minimum wages that he would get, and realized that there is no way in our area he could be on his own. And I was pretty clear that lounging on the couch wasn't an option till he's 30 :lmao:

So, even though he feels he is being forced, he got up on his own, and that tells me alot...KWIM?

Deb - great news! Amazing when they surprise you with a burst of initiative, isn't it?

The flurry of sticky notes continues! We're holding our own, with only a couple of yesterday's shifted to today's cabinet door...:lmao: ! DH has gotten on board and has added some good ones (and some snarky ones!) to the groups. A lot of the sticky note items are necessary tasks, but a good number of them are fun things too (finish door magnets, finish sail-away party MM leis, kit for the crop, etc.).

Croppin' tonight! :cool1: (Finish up the last of my ABC swap pages and the tags - yippee!) Dinner: chicken tetrazzini for the rest of the bunch - Z2H and I are eating out.

DS is kinda panicky about Friday the 13th - but he's having a great day at camp - a beach field trip. So, hope all goes ok for him. Have a lucky and great day, everyone!

A lot of the sticky note items are necessary tasks, but a good number of them are fun things too (finish door magnets, finish sail-away party MM leis, kit for the crop, etc.).

I'd love to see a pic of the leis!! We did bubbles last time, and I'm planning on that again this time, but fancy leis for me and DH would be a kick!

Debbie ~ that is great... I hope DS really takes advantage of this opportunity... My DH is still going to school to this day.... He is currently in Wisconsin taking some class to become certified in this software programming.... actually had someone talk to him yesterday about a possible job.... and we could stay here...but he would travel alot... not an option he currently wants w/ our kids in sports....but he is constantly learning!!

PJ has a medical terminology quiz today and if she comes home and has missed Q4H and QID again I will be so upset.. I taught her a mnemonic to remember them!!!! She had them all down pat last night (list of 30).... we have a test of the systems/body parts next week... occipital/temporal; systems of the body and definitions; something else but the terminology escapes me right now...

I'd love to see a pic of the leis!! We did bubbles last time, and I'm planning on that again this time, but fancy leis for me and DH would be a kick!

I'll see what I can do! (One of the items on my weekend sticky note bunch is to practice with the new digital camera - so I can knock two items off by posting a lei pic!!!) :rotfl:

I wanted to do bubbles too, but from what I read on the Cruise Forum, DCL isn't thrilled with folks with bubbles (slippery spills, etc.), so I'm skipping those, but got these cute polyester flower leis I'm doctoring up, and got some cute 6" neon maracas for the kids to shake. (I'll probably add some Disney ribbon or streamers or something to those, too...sigh...) :rolleyes1

Rarely get a chance to post here, but here goes:
up early
wash in :laundy:
get dgs packed to head home today - will miss him
LindaBabe arriving after lunch
scrapbook shopping this afternoon
relax tonight
cropping with Lisa and her crew tomorrow

Hi, Caroline! Good to see you!!!!!

Give Linda a hug for us - have fun shopping/cropping! :hug:

I wanna see the leis too! I ordered my postcards for my FE gifts yesterday. They shipped already!

Oooooohhh! You're good! We were planning to do the FE this time around, but are going to wait until our Dream cruises next year (so D can participate!). (I think with all the other stuff going on, adding that back in now would make DHs head explode!) But, I wish we were doing it - oh well. Where did you get your postcards? What are they like?

I bought my flower leis at iParty. I hate the scratchy plastic ones. iParty had a lot to choose from and I stood there trying them ALL on for length, comfort, etc. (I'm sure they think I'm loopy!!! - Ahhhhh....get in line!) The ones I chose are nice and soft (folks around here have sensory issues around itchy/scratchy materials). When I get around to the photo, I'll explain what/how I added my Disney touches to them...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter