• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/13/10

Ok - photos of the Mickey head leis:

P1000090-1.jpg

And a (crappy! - still learning the camera...) close-up of a Mickey head:

P1000091.jpg

The MM heads are punched out of glittery black paper (the punch is the one where the head is about the size of a quarter). I cut some shreds of foil tinsel off of some weird decorations I had sitting around. I put three dollops of white Scotch (white) "quick dry adhesive" glue onto the back of one Mickey head, sprinkled some of the tinsel onto the glue, then sandwiched another Mickey head onto the first - securing the tinsel inside. Let those dry a bit. Then I glued the heads onto the lei. I did flip the lei over after doing one side, so that there are heads visible on all sides of the lei. (But I didn't put any up close to where it will be around our neck...scratchy!) The colorful little bits of tinsel really catch the light and make a difference, I think.

These should be fun to wear! Hope to see any you guys design...!

Note to self: pull that "finish leis" sticky note down!!!! :rotfl2:

Pam

Debbie- if after a semester or 2 he still can't figure out anything he wants to do and you want to try something I highly reccomend the crown financial career testing- it is done at home on a computer and then you get both a simple and more advanced report. When my brother Daniel arrived back here after a less than successful first year of college he took that (I do think it costs about $150) and it showed not only what he would be good at but also what most interested him and what areas would mesh well with his personality. I was amazed that there really were a variety of areas they suggested - finance was at the top of his list and what he is doing but they also suggested some things in high adventure and veterinary science- both of which I can see how he would be good at. The detailed report explains how they came to the conclusions on the areas he would both like and be good at.

I will be at Disney for the food and wine festival from Oct 6-9(Saratoga Spring- wl for Wilderness Lodge) and Nov 3-6 (think Dolphin but haven't made reservations). We may go up for another day trip as DH won't have much time there either set of days as he will be in class.

Rebecca

Hello all!! I haven't been on here in so long. Life has just been crazy beyond words. Fingers crossed that things seem to be calming down a bit.

I sort of skimmed through some of the older days posts - seemed I missed a lot of things that needed prayers and pixie dust. I'll send out a big batch now and hope that everyone here and their loved ones are doing well. :wizard:

I'm jealous of those of you cropping tonight and tomorrow. Hope everyone's having fun!!

PBF and ZTH - can't believe the trip (and move) is so soon!! The leis are adorable! I'm so excited for you guys.

Another F&W'er here. Dad and I are going 10/31 - 11/4.

PJ has a medical terminology quiz today and if she comes home and has missed Q4H and QID again I will be so upset.. I taught her a mnemonic to remember them!!!! She had them all down pat last night (list of 30).... we have a test of the systems/body parts next week... occipital/temporal; systems of the body and definitions; something else but the terminology escapes me right now...

You are speaking my language!! Tell PJ her pharmacist Dis Aunt will put her to work once she learns those abbreviations. The next step is just to learn how to decipher them in doctor's chicken-scratch handwriting!

My to do list for Friday:

Feed cats
Get DD up and ready for school - last day of summer school
write in DD's communication book
Work
grocery store
watch DVR'd episode of Project Runway
Take DD for her riding lesson
Pick up wings for dinner
Grandma sleeping over
Check ebay watch list
Watch Whale Wars

PBF and ZTH - can't believe the trip (and move) is so soon!! The leis are adorable! I'm so excited for you guys.

Another F&W'er here. Dad and I are going 10/31 - 11/4.

I will be at Disney for the food and wine festival from Oct 6-9(Saratoga Spring- wl for Wilderness Lodge) and Nov 3-6 (think Dolphin but haven't made reservations). We may go up for another day trip as DH won't have much time there either set of days as he will be in class.

Rebecca

If I am off any of those days, then I'd love to meet up with both of you, even if just for a bit.

That, or if you have plans to visit the Magic Kingdom... I'll let you know soon where I'll be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter