• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/10/09

I had to google it. Breezy Acres is in Douglas, not too far from me. Morgan has been there with my sister, and I think I went there once with an ex-BF. She went to Lake Winthrop with my mom and nephew. I'm kind of shocked, my mom doesn't do heat. I'm sure she'll be pissy this afternoon (my mom, Morgan will be fine).

Hope, love the looks of the house! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a smooth closing!

Yes, definitely in panic mode.

We had done some haggling last night about the appliances. We thought we had an agreement. Now, I guess another offer came in, and now they are haggling about keeping the appliances again. So we said, fine, they can keep them...but I'm really worried that it is all going to fall apart. :sad2: :headache:

Aw Hope, I hope it all works out for you! How nerve wracking.

Can I whine here? (If not, someone tell me, and I'll take it down).

DH called, he stopped to pay the boys tuition for school and found out it's $100 a month/$1000 per year more than we had thought. Great. We could send them to public school, but I really don't want to. The schools here are some of the lowest rated in the state (that's from a few years ago, doubt it's gotten much better), and they have so many kids in the classes. I'm afraid my youngest is going to have a harder time, and I want him where he can get the extra help if he needs it.

It will work out, but it was news we didn't really need. The last three years, we've paid DS8's tuition in full at the beginning of the year and gotten a slight discount; the big thing was, it was taken care of for the year. This year, we knew it hadn't worked out that way for various reasons, but we thought we had almost enough to pay one in full and get that discount, then we were going to make the monthly payment on DS2 (his is cheaper). Guess not!

And, it's getting ready to storm, so I guess we aren't going to the pool.

Steph

Yes, definitely in panic mode.

We had done some haggling last night about the appliances. We thought we had an agreement. Now, I guess another offer came in, and now they are haggling about keeping the appliances again. So we said, fine, they can keep them...but I'm really worried that it is all going to fall apart. :sad2: :headache:

:hug::hug:

Justing getting a contract on a house is stressful enough. How long do you have for inspections to be completed?

HopeMax!! Fingers are crossed for you!!

I always feel last when this West Coaster finally gets online - you all are almost done with lunch!!

BAMB - how is new car!!!?

MorgansMom - where do you live?? I would be peeved about the water warning or lack thereof.

After a busy busy weekend I should stick around the house and make some order around here - but life is moving....

COFFEE
Laundry
Dishes
Find the kitchen counters
Clean up the Living Room - I know there is carpet there somewhere
Meet DH at homebuilders office - new floorplan design

Supposed to go look at a horse. DH is not thrilled. He already said no. But what if this is the horse!? And why do I have to push my luck!!?:confused3:rotfl:

Have to get 4H forms filled out for county fair. And start my leaders plan for the new scrapbooking group.

OK feeling overwhelmed now.:rotfl2:back to the coffee pot!!

Aw Hope, I hope it all works out for you! How nerve wracking.

Can I whine here? (If not, someone tell me, and I'll take it down).

DH called, he stopped to pay the boys tuition for school and found out it's $100 a month/$1000 per year more than we had thought. Great. We could send them to public school, but I really don't want to. The schools here are some of the lowest rated in the state (that's from a few years ago, doubt it's gotten much better), and they have so many kids in the classes. I'm afraid my youngest is going to have a harder time, and I want him where he can get the extra help if he needs it.

It will work out, but it was news we didn't really need. The last three years, we've paid DS8's tuition in full at the beginning of the year and gotten a slight discount; the big thing was, it was taken care of for the year. This year, we knew it hadn't worked out that way for various reasons, but we thought we had almost enough to pay one in full and get that discount, then we were going to make the monthly payment on DS2 (his is cheaper). Guess not!

And, it's getting ready to storm, so I guess we aren't going to the pool.

Steph

Whine away. That is what we are here for.

Sorry about the extra $100 a month. That totally stinks. But if your public schools are not good, that extra money will be worth so much more than just the $$ out of your account.
:hug:

Definitely being jerked around now. We just agreed to go to our highest and best offer, and if it doesn't happen, we were never in the game. If we do get the house, then in the long run it will be just a bump in the road. But so much for this being a buyer's market.

Inspection, we have through the end of next week. And yeah, now I'm worried about that. Yesterday, I felt like they were being reasonable in protecting their interests, now I feel like we're the small animal being poked to see if we'll dance. Are we going to have to go through this again, during the inspection resolution?

Hey all!!! Sorry I'm late to the party, busy morning.

To do

Clean my bathroom!!!! I don't like boys, fyi.

Dishes - waiting for one dish drainer load to dry so I can do the rest

laundry - 2 loads

school - drop stuff off, meet with principal

Call UK - check on Mini Done!!! we got the Mini!!! Need to start the paper process. This takes for-ev-er!!!

Drive my car, I love my car.

Vacuum Car - got grass in it! :scared1:

15 minutes:
boys room
master
kitchen
living
dining
loft (almost completely cleaned and organized)
garage (almost done!) I can probably squeeze the minis in 1 side and my car in the other side.

8x8 SDV swap - cut tags
Finish prototype for "U"

Congrats on the mini!
Now, which one is DH givin' to PJ? LOL
At least now you have DS13's car taken care of! :)

Hope, good luck on the house. I hope it all works out. Sending you lots of pixiedust.

BigBabyBlues, that really stinks about the tuition increase. You'd think they would have given you more notice.

BAMB, congratulations on the new mini!!!!!

MorgansMom, I hope the water situation gets fixed. That's really bad that they haven't had better communication about it.

I'm in Massachusetts. It's absolutely shameful the way this has been handled. They are handing out bottled water today at the high school (it started at 2:00). Um, I work all day, how am I going to get to the high school to pick up bottled water at 2:00? Will there be any when I get out of work? Apparently, the water company will reimburse me if I buy my own, but for how much? There is NO INFORMATION on any of the town/water company websites. Why haven't they posted a FAQ? Seriously, it's a big cluster *&^#. The water company is actually on my street, getting home tonight should be a complete nightmare (as it is, the traffic on my street is a mess anyhow, this'll just make it worse!).

I need to stop and buy paper plates and cups (we have utensils), I'm NOT washing my dishes in that water, boiled or not. Who knows how long this will take to get clean?

mm--I couldn't post from work, but that STINKS!! I'm so sorry!!

Hope--CONGRATULATIONS on the house!!!! :cool1:

Yay! Hope! Congrats!

I stopped by the HS on my way home, DH thought I would be there for hours, but within 5 minutes I had 2 24-packs of Poland Spring water. I was only supposed to get 1, but I talked them into a second. (One gallon per person in the house). I could drink one a day myself. DH is doing the dishes! :scared1: He's boiled some water and is washing and rinsing them, I did pick up paper plates and hot/cold cups to use. It's supposedly safe to shower and do laundry, but we'll see. I don't work tomorrow, so I can go a day without one, if I have to ;)

Morgan's got a strange rash on her face. I need to call the doctor tomorrow and see about getting her to an allergist. Not sure when they'll be able to see her, but she can't live all summer strung out on benadryl. I'm 99% sure it's from sunscreen, but who knows?

I am so excited now! I have my scrap room all planned out. I am going to do an Alice in Wonderland themed room, because I collect Alice Disney stuff. I'm going to paint the walls yellow with white trim. White shelving and white desk, and purple and teal for accents. I found a great shelving system in Crate & Barrel's kid stuff. http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=74&f=4259&pc=16 It has adjustable shelves and is 15" deep so it should be able to hold 12x12 paper holders just fine. So I am going to have 2 rows of scrap stuff, and one row of collectible stuff, and in the bottom I will put my Cheshire Cat plushes.

Question: I would really like to have a ladies Christmas tea for the ladies from the church- I have 24 place settings so I should have enough china (Amy said I could borrow hers if I needed another 12)- I don't want people to feel like they have to come because I am the pastor's wife- I more want to say thank you for everything they are doing. Would you feel obligated to come to something like this if the invitation came from the pastor's wife?

Rebecca

Mom and I love doing tea, in fact we are going to the GF when we are down there for SDV for tea. We would love to be invited to your tea. Wanna try out some tea sandwich recipes on us in two weeks? :goodvibes

and TB i was up you could have called me!

I was up too. We should have done a DIS chat.

Vacuum Car - got grass in it! :scared1:
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Who is mucking stalls?! :lmao:

Hope, how exciting about the house. Congratulations!

Late to the party but here is my list:

Get DD up and ready for camp.
Drive DD the hour down to camp
Grab breakfast at Dunkin Donuts and throw it at DD (lovingly of course :hug: )
Work
Not stress out over the new budget procedures being implemented with only six weeks of the fiscal left.:eek:
Stop at store for shampoo, contact stuff, etc
Cook dinner
Play lifeguard to DN and her cousin in the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter