• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~The Daily Grind~ 8/10/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

Flylady links:
Declutter plan http://www.flylady.net/pages/focus_feb.asp
Flightplan http://flylady.com/pages/FlightPlan.asp
Beginner Baby Steps: http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingL..._Babysteps.asp
Yahoo Group (reminders sent all day): http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FlyLad...?yguid=9999373

This month's Habit is: One load of laundry each day :laundy:

~The Daily Grind~ 8/10/09

It's Monday!!!!

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

Tan

Milk Run

:laundy:

Pay some bills

Dinner...something with burger

Have a Great Day! :teeth:

Mornin'.. (well, really evenin' but you all know how it goes)...

Today

Enjoy the last day of summer break w/ the kiddos
order the photos from Walgreens (30/$3 - up to 5 uses)
order photos from Winkflash (6cent 4x6; 10 cent 5x7)
template 3 back to school photo LOs for first day of school
finish templating 4 more pages for this weeks scrappin'.
pay bills

enjoy the day
enjoy the day
enjoy the day

DD to XC practice @ 3:45pm
5:45pm take DS13 to soccer practice
6pm go to meet the teacher/drop off supply night for DS8 (big bad 3rd grader in a new school)
drop of DS8 to DD15... for parent mtg for DS13's soccer team @ 7:40pm

Hello everyone!!!

Today:
work on swaps
mail color/everyday swaps
work on packing stuff for SDV
see if I need to order any more pictures
send in info for Daniel's residency
work on cleaning scrap room
dinner- grilled chicken, potatoes, vegies
walk
celebration meeting

Question: I would really like to have a ladies Christmas tea for the ladies from the church- I have 24 place settings so I should have enough china (Amy said I could borrow hers if I needed another 12)- I don't want people to feel like they have to come because I am the pastor's wife- I more want to say thank you for everything they are doing. Would you feel obligated to come to something like this if the invitation came from the pastor's wife?

Rebecca

Well my ds 9 told me I need to "swish and swipe the toliet" so that must go on todays list.

Work
Call about setting up an interview with the daycare that wants to hire me
more work
Tiny after work nap
fix the dollhouse

Ok - It's 1:30 am and I can't sleep - I think I am just super excited that my sister is coming to visit from Canada for the first time in 5 years. I get to spoil my neices on my home turf. I am taking them to the Aquarium, Build-a-bear, the Science Musuem - I can't wait...:lovestruc

Up and Caffienate
breakfast for the bean
Plan menus for the week
Costco
Target
Petco (Rat and Guinea Pig food)
Panera Bread (Bagels and lunch with the bean)
ACMoore for T-shirt for the kids and Spray Fabric Paint
Drop stuff off to PinballFamily
Plan Activities options for the week
Put slipcover on couch
Clean Kitchen
Clean 1st floor bath
Call podiatrist
Call GP

Wait patiently for my Sister to arrive...:cloud9:

Have a great day everyone

Rhonda

Hello everyone!!!

Question: I would really like to have a ladies Christmas tea for the ladies from the church- I have 24 place settings so I should have enough china (Amy said I could borrow hers if I needed another 12)- I don't want people to feel like they have to come because I am the pastor's wife- I more want to say thank you for everything they are doing. Would you feel obligated to come to something like this if the invitation came from the pastor's wife?

Rebecca

I wouldn't feel obligated, I would be honoured to be invited. I love the idea of a Christmas tea...:goodvibes

Good morning, everyone! And we're back to Monday! DS was sick most of the weekend, so it went by way too quickly! He's feeling some better, but didn't sleep last night. I'm a little bleary-eyed this morning!

Nan--enjoy your last day with the kiddos!
Rebecca--I second what TB said. I'd be honored to be invited. I wouldn't feel like it was an "obligation", just something fun and enjoyable to look forward to!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Walk--this was supposed to be this morning, but it'll be this afternoon. Trying to learn not to beat myself up!!
4. DS up
5. Drop DS off at Mom's

6. Take DS's week stuff & pics to Mom's
7. Work--first full day today. It's going to be a good one, I'm determined!!
8. Pick up DS

9. Stop at Walmart for cards
10. DH--mow
11. DH--stop at Target
12. Clean DH's bathroom
13. Write 1-2 thank-you notes
14. P365 pic
15. Go to bed sort of early!

Everyone have a wonderful Monday!!

morning!

Rebecca- i too would feel honored to be asked. did you make the invites? awm made a beautiful teacup on one of the swaps. it was beautiful.
TB- you must be so excited that your sis is coming. Are you going to tye dye?
we did it with bubba and his *girl*friend and had a blast. the bandanna's came out awesome. Great tip MM2000! have fun with your fam.
Does your sister know about Aphrodite??:confused3:scared1:
SIOH-hope babycakes is feeling better today. kiss him for me!
FBB- enjoy that doll house. my mil has a beautiful one. we bought it for her for christmas like more that 15years ago and she works on it a little at a time. it really is nice. there is an awesome doll house store here. and acmoore has a great selection of miniatures too!
Nan-your babies are back to school. how'd that happen. is it really that time? and a 3rd grader?! good for him. wish them all a good school year for me!

ok here's my list...

up most of the night. so fight off the yawnies!
chiro at 9:00
ds has no camp today because it's a RI holiday
cut out 30 motorcycles for great nephew's birthday invites
try to do a menu calendar. i have not done it in months with all the activity around here. i have got to get a schedule going. it works out well when i do it. i hate the constant *what are we having for dinner question*

i'm sure i have more, but this is the start of it.

and TB i was up you could have called me!

SIOH, I hope DS gets to feeling better. Poor little guy.
Rebecca, I agree with the others. I'd be honored and would not feel obligated to go to your tea. I think it sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm not part of your church, but I want to come too!!!!
Nancy, enjoy your last day of summer vacation. You guys are starting back early. DS doesn't start back at school for another 2 weeks. He's happy about it now, but won't be when it's the first week of June when he gets out!

Today:
Finish unpacking
Lots of laundry
Give kitties lots of attention - they are still recovering from being alone last week. They did NOT like it and I am paying the price!
Sort mail/update checkbook/pay bills
Help DS get his things together to go to the International Thespian Society Leadership Conference tomorrow
Go to library
Go to vet's office to pick up catfood I ordered
While I'm out, I might as well stop by Michaels and maybe JoAnn's
Go grocery shopping
Work on swaps

Have a great day everyone!

Are you kidding me? We are under a boil water order. Son of a monkey butt, they had questionable test results last WEDNESDAY and they are just talking about it now? And, I didn't get a call on the reverse 911 until 4:30 yesterday afternoon? Oy!

So, top of my list is get paper plates and cups and utensils, I'm not washing my dishes in that.

I'll have M shower at my mom's today. I may just go to work in jeans and a t-shirt, since I'm unsure of how much my boss will be in this week.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Oh, Rhonda, Joann's shirts are less than ACM. I think they are $2 each, and if you need a bunch, the savings'll be like getting one for free :)

Are you kidding me? We are under a boil water order. Son of a monkey butt, they had questionable test results last WEDNESDAY and they are just talking about it now? And, I didn't get a call on the reverse 911 until 4:30 yesterday afternoon? Oy!

So, top of my list is get paper plates and cups and utensils, I'm not washing my dishes in that.

I'll have M shower at my mom's today. I may just go to work in jeans and a t-shirt, since I'm unsure of how much my boss will be in this week.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Wow- that communication sucks!!

Rebecca

Oh, peeps in town are NOT happy! There are loads of comments on the newspaper article about people who still haven't gotten the reverse 911 call. I happen to have a school aged child, so they have all my numbers (they called both my cell and my home phone), but seriously, if the first test came back on Thursday, why weren't we told that day? They are putting up "signs". Um, hello, where? I haven't seen one, I heard about it from the waiter at TGIFridays when we went for lunch yesterday. The WAITER TOLD ME! I'm peeved and now Morgan has a rash and her eye was all puffy again yesterday. I don't see a bug bite there, so who knows what it could be?

Give kitties lots of attention - they are still recovering from being alone last week. They did NOT like it and I am paying the price!

I know how that goes. I go away for the weekend and then pay ALL NIGHT LONG. I think I got a hours sleep if that since the cat was in full "love me, hug me, hear me meow" form. Next time I go for waterfront festivle hes comming with, other cats be darned.

Dang MM2000 - I would be fuming too. That is the only positive about having the washing water hauled in. We only cook with and drink bottled water. Not knowing when the cistern is going to be empty stinks, but knowing it is coming fresh from being treated or it's not coming is a good thing. The plant is not allowed to dispense untreated or iffy water.

Hmm, guess I'm the only dissenter Rebecca. I would feel obligated to attend. But not in a put upon way. Just a "I need to clear my schedule and go because the Pastor's Wife does a lot and the least I can do is go." I would enjoy the tea though more so than say a pot-luck dinner. There is just something about having "a tea" that is appealing.

SIOH - hope little guy is feeling better. Is it illness or are his molars coming in? Not pleasant for youngest, but didn't even notice with eldest.

DIT - ignore the kitties again. The more you fuss, the more they feel they are right. Kinda like kids that way. :rotfl2: Good thing is they do forget why they are being snotty and stop - eventually. :cat:

FB - the doll house sounds like more fun than swish and swipe. :rotfl:

Holly - How many motorcycles? Which cart are you using?

Tinker and Nan - ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!

Today
Vacuum
Finish Laundry
Get to library
Write out grocery list
Get coupons for tomorrow
Work on swaps

Hello everyone!!!

Rebecca

I wouldn't feel obligated just because it was the pastor's wife. I would treat it the same as any other invite. ETA: I think it sounds wonderful, but I wouldn't feel that I had to clear my calendar. Hope that makes sense!

This is my first time posting, but here's my list for today:

Laundry
Clean up the kitchen (DH worked on tomatoes over the weekend)
Run the sweeper in all of the downstairs
General pick up around the house
Clean the downstairs bathroom
Take the boys swimming if the weather cooperates
Fix a decent dinner and take some to DH (works 24-hour shift)

Steph

We only drink bottled water, but we bathe, do our laundry, brush our teeth, cook, and wash dishes with town water. I'm not happy, but there's very little (to nothing) I can do about it. Morgan is going to the lake with my mom today (she lives in a different town), and will shower after that. I have NO idea how I'll wash my dishes tonight. I don't think I can deal with the boiling and waiting for it to cool. All the Dunkin Donuts in town are closed (6 or 7? Some ridiculous number of stores), I doubt the other restaurants will close, they can sell bottled water and drinks, and they would boil any water they were cooking with anyhow. It's just not right. They should have told us last week!

Wow! That is awful... I can't believe they don't have everyone in town notified.. Whatever happened to utilizing the local media, news? I know you may not have a newstation in town..but I'm sure most people watch the news on some channel... We've seen boil orders for places 5 counties away on our local news. As for a reverse 911.. I don't even know if we have it.. guess I should look into that..

Rebecca ~ I would not feel obligated to attend the tea. I think this is something very nice and respectful for you to do. Good luck with what you decide.

Everyone fell back asleep this am so we are just now up and movin'...so it's time to really get movin'...

My desired list for the day is to work on the Resort swap.

I think my actual list for the day is probably going to be

Panic
Putz over swap stuff
Panic
Sign some papers
Hopefully go bouncing off the walls!
Calm down enough to work on swap stuff

So why will I be an emotional basket case? We might have a house! We don't have an officially signed contract yet, we are waiting for their official counter though. It got too late to finalize on paper last night, and we have a few questions for our mortgage broker about making sure we have the proper language in the contract. But we have a verbal agreement, and it was never a problem with money, just details about the closing.

They only put the house on the market on Saturday, we were probably the first people to look at it on Sat morning. They are planning on moving into a new home but haven't found one yet, so I think they are a little startled they will sell so fast. But it works better for them, and for us, honestly, to not have closing until mid-Oct. But that complicates the contract since it's so far out and everybody wants to make sure it doesn't fall apart Oct 1st.

It's a 1872 sq ft/1685 sq ft finished, ranch style house which sits on .4 acres in a Denver suburb we love. 4/2 with a finished basement family room and office. I will have TWO craft spaces! One to store all the crap, and one to work on stuff where DH and I can be together with the big screen. And it really needs no immediate work, except paint, just because I can. I took some pictures, if people would like to see http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/hopemax/Kendall House/

House hunting has been an adventure. DH and I made our list of wants and don't wants in a new house. DH's "don't want" was a big yard, my "want" was a larger kitchen, with good cabinet and counter space. This house has a tiny postage stamp of a kitchen and the previously mentioned .4 acres! So DH and I are laughing at each other, but when we walk outside, we knew that is what we wanted. DH is already planning on getting 3 disc golf baskets and setting up a mini course. And I have a plan on how we can add onto this house, long term. This is actually the 3rd house we attempted to purchase. The first, due to poor communication, we didn't get our offer in before it went under contract. The second, was rejected. The house actually had a potentially MAJOR foundation issue, they had 2 offers. Ours was lower, but only about 5% off the list price + closing costs. They rejected us flat out, tried to negotiate with the "better" offer, and never reached an agreement. Called our realtor back, and said if we wanted it we would have to seriously up our offer. So now that house has no offers and still a potentially major foundation issue. And then this one.

And to answer Rebecca's question, if the group of ladies is as involved in the church as it sounds, I think they would be honored to attend, and grateful for the recognition.

that's wonderful news Hope! Congrats to you and your dh! it's a very exciting time. best wishes for both of you!!

AWM- 30 motorcycles. and it's on the going places cart. i'm just cutting them out all in one color. silver. she's (my niece) is going to write the info on the back. i'm thinkin' i might go find some fabric and cut one out to put on a shirt for him to wear that day??
has anyone done that yet? and if so does it cut out nice?what kind of settings should i use?? i know fairie made me one in the first secret sister swap. i often wonder what happened to her. :confused3
thanks for any tips you can share.

MM2000-what lake is Morgan off to? my family went to breezy acres today. that's not to far from you is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter