~The Daily Grind~ 6/1/09

Oh, it just keeps getting better and better!

I took M to the pedi this morning. They did a strep test (negative) and checked for an ear infection (also negative). Basically, it's a flu, but if she still has the fever in 2 days, bring her back and they'll check for a secondary infection. Now, here's the kicker! She has to stay out of school until Friday. Don't get me wrong, I get it. I wouldn't have sent her today anyway, and if she was still not feeling great tomorrow, same thing. But 7 days? Seriously? If closing down the schools and/or disinfecting them isn't working what is keeping her out for 7 days going to do (aside from make me lose a week's pay and her miss a TON of end of year stuff)? If she was sick on Friday and they didn't disinfect over the weekend, she (and the 133 other kids who were absent on Friday) already exposed everyone last week.

Again, I get not sending sick kids to school, but if she's well by Wednesday, why can't she go back?!

I'm stressed out!

I want Rebecca's week too! That is a nice Monday to have. :thumbsup2 ºOº

Deb, happy 21st to your DS.:wizard: Can't believe your eldest baby is 21.

BAMB, don't you think Blink Prince #2 would be perfect for Morgan? Isn't she a cutie? Love her dance pictures, Jennifer. Sorry she isn't feeling well.

My Monday to do list:

Do the morning pick up around the house. Done
Put a load of laundry away. - Done
Write in DD's communication book
Stop at Dunkin in the drive thru window isn't that long for a caramel ice coffee.
Work - end of the month budget reconciliation :scared1:
Meeting at 5:00 pm at the house
Take DD to baseball practice.
Home, bath, bed.

ah, but he has his eye on the neighbor girl, which is where he's at now.

Jennifer, as long as she's been fever free for 24 hours she should be good to go.

I'm sorry Jennifer.

However much this shucks for you, the school is really not doing enough. Children shed (give off virus that is still contagious) much longer than adults do. Children shed 1-2 days BEFORE they are showing signs and then up to 10 days once they are showing signs. Adults usually stop shedding with 24 hours after their symptoms are done. Personally - even those this doesn't have a high kill ratio [infected vs died] and they are calling it a mild flu - I think they should shut the schools that have it. And I don't think they should have to make up the days, just any tests that are needed. But I'm a self professed germaphobe. :rolleyes1

Please keep a close eye on Morgan. This virus has shown a very nasty trait. She will feel better and then get hit with it again after 2-3 days. I don't think this happens to everyone. But you should still keep an eye on her. Make sure she gets that sunlight everyday. 15 minutes a day in the noon hour should do it. 3x a week after she is well is all our bodies need.

:hug:

ah, but he has his eye on the neighbor girl, which is where he's at now.

Jennifer, as long as she's been fever free for 24 hours she should be good to go.

Nope, there is a blanket policy - state- or town-wide, I'm unsure - that any child who has a fever has to stay out for 7 days. The tough thing is the no pay...

I'm sorry Jennifer.

However much this shucks for you, the school is really not doing enough. Children shed (give off virus that is still contagious) much longer than adults do. Children shed 1-2 days BEFORE they are showing signs and then up to 10 days once they are showing signs. Adults usually stop shedding with 24 hours after their symptoms are done. Personally - even those this doesn't have a high kill ratio [infected vs died] and they are calling it a mild flu - I think they should shut the schools that have it. And I don't think they should have to make up the days, just any tests that are needed. But I'm a self professed germaphobe. :rolleyes1

Please keep a close eye on Morgan. This virus has shown a very nasty trait. She will feel better and then get hit with it again after 2-3 days. I don't think this happens to everyone. But you should still keep an eye on her. Make sure she gets that sunlight everyday. 15 minutes a day in the noon hour should do it. 3x a week after she is well is all our bodies need.

:hug:

Thanks, Ann, I will keep an eye on her. She seems pretty tired and oogy, and is now on her 4th or 5th movie of the day. We did get out this morning, to see the doctor.

I have to agree with you that they aren't doing enough at the school level. If there really were 133 kids out of 622 absent last Friday, that calls for a closed school and disinfection. Apparently, they also have poor ventilation at that school as well. It happens to be the one Morgan is currently attending. I've also heard that closing the schools and disinfecting isn't working.

I have no problem with them closing the schools and making up the days. As much as that would stink, it would be better than her missing all the things she is now...More stuff could be rescheduled. Between today and Thursday night she's missing an ortho appt, last Brownies (as a Brownie :( ) meeting tomorrow, softball practice tomorrow night, a book fair tomorrow night, field day on Wednesday - rain date is Thursday, last day for the school store on Thursday, and a softball game on Thursday night. Plus 4 days of school - and then they'll send me a form letter that she's had excessive absences. I can't win!

Luckily, DH is set up to work from home, so I can go in on Tuesday and Wednesday late and work late. I'm off on Thursday and DH doesn't work on Friday (but she'll be at school that day!).

Ok, my list for 6/2 so all I have to do is copy and paste...
6:30am up
bed made
empty dishwasher
DH lunch made
7:30am DS13 to BB conditioning
9AM DD15 to BB conditioning
9:20AM drop kids off that are here to park program
9:30AM pick up DS13 from BB
10AM babysitting kids here
scrapbook 2 soccer coach pages for DH's book
11AM pick up DD from bb
laundry started tonight
11:30am pick up kids from park program
12pm lunch
12:30 leave for DRIVER's ED
1:00pm driver's ed class
pay bills
upload camera to computer
print out 2 photos for CJ & lyrics
home
3pm pick up DD from driver's ed
verify time BMV opens for us to get DD's permits first thing Wednesday AM/pull all documents done 6/1 but teacher didn't hand out the 'pink' slips
dinner
DS8 to sweep off both porches
DS13 to clean his room and make both beds
DD15 clean her pigsty!
~~

must complete the following
DS13 must complete one activity in his 4-H rabbit book
DS8 must complete 2 activities in his mini 4-H wildlife book
DD15 must complete her collections project
DD15 must cut out the rest of the flowers for (create your own thing)
DD15 must measure the table for the plexi-glass we need for Home Environment(HE) project

Tonight (6/1)
kids to take laundry to basement
sort laundry
clean & dust family room
clean kitchen/dining room (after dinner)
load & run dishwasher

DH confirm dates for next summer's vacation! END OF DISCUSSION! If he doesn't confirm by bedtime.. I will be confirming and plans set in motion! Enough said!

How is Morgan feeling tonight??? I hope she is doing better!!!!

She's doing well, thanks for asking, says she still has a headache, but just seems to have a cough and a little congestion (and no more fever). The nurse said that they've been seeing a 3-4 day flu and then the kids are fine. I've got my eye on her though! DH is coming home at 11 so I can work from around 12-5.

That is great to hear...that she is feeling better!!!

Plus, my sister called early this morning, she was able to get Jonas Brothers tix! She is taking Morgan, my nephew and possibly me, on July 17th (a week after Morgan's birthday), so that cheered her up immensely!

How great for Morgan!!
We saw the Jonas brothers twice for free at the Mall on a RadioDisney tour. We had so much fun!
Which reminds me... I need to check the zoo and see who is coming there.. we saw another disney star/singer there for July 4th... (Ashley something..but it wasn't Tisdale)..

Oh how fun! I've never heard anything about any Radio Disney tours out here. I should see if I can find any info!

Glad she's feeling better! We did the Jonas Brothers this past March- be sure to take your ear plugs. The thousands of screaming girls is ear splitting.:scared1:

those pics of Morgan are beautiful!
thanks for sharing them.
she looks just like you!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter