~The Daily Grind~ 5/14/10

Upstairs is done for the day. DD is still working on her room (have I mentioned it has been 6 days) and I have to do the kids bath tomorrow. No sense in doing today when they will mess it up in the morning. Now to get the main floor done after some lunch.

Nancy - around here you have to "run" for SG positions. I think they have Pres, VP, Sec, Treas, public relations and then 3 delegates. DS has a friend running in each area except treas. and 2 running for Pres. It'd be funny if they all won then they could rule the school :lmao: or atleast the freshman class. DD said by the time they get to be seniors it is just the big 4 because no one runs.

School likes my kids too for the most part. DD got picked as a freshman mentor her senior year (only seniors do this). There were probably 20 picked and there was nothing to fill out. Principal called them all down to the office one day and told them they had been chosen (it was the first year) and they could except or decline. I thought it was an honor since she has not really been involved in much other than track and CC in school, but has been involved in girl scouts (Gold Award recipient) and church.

Wow! It's funny how schools do things so different..

Sounds like my DD too!!
However, I have a note on her door that explains what her job is tomorrow cleaning her CLOSET and DESK.. I swept and made the bed today....or she loses her CAR!!!! Yes, I'm the mean mommy.. you don't do as I ask.. I take your wheels!!!

Arrrrrgh! I shouldn't surf the internet...I had some time on my hands so for the heck of it, I checked Carnival and a week's cruise at the same time as the Disney Cruise is $1600 less than the Disney cruise. If we switch to Carnival, we can go to the World in 2011. If we stay with Disney, we won't be able to go to the World until at least 2012. :rolleyes:

Jennifer - be sure to read cruisecritic.com (and the DIS cruise board) to do your comparisons with the different cruise lines. Carnival offers *quite* a different experience than DCL - and that is why the prices are so different. (That $1,600 would certainly help towards another WDW trip, though...I hear you.)

Jennifer - be sure to read cruisecritic.com (and the DIS cruise board) to do your comparisons with the different cruise lines. Carnival offers *quite* a different experience than DCL - and that is why the prices are so different. (That $1,600 would certainly help towards another WDW trip, though...I hear you.)

DH and I have been on Carnival before. I know we are paying for the Disney service and experience. We just have to decide if we're going for the Disney Experience or the Cruise Experience.

Good point - tough call! Hey, either way Jennifer, you're AWAY!

Just hung up from DS's school - there was a major misunderstanding over something someone heard him say about blackheads (the pimples) and thought he was talking about black people.

Sigh. Sounds like it eventually all got worked out by the principal and an army of SPED personnel/teachers, but what another fun adventure in AutismWorld...:headache:

Just hung up from DS's school - there was a major misunderstanding over something someone heard him say about blackheads (the pimples) and thought he was talking about black people.

Sigh. Sounds like it eventually all got worked out by the principal and an army of SPED personnel/teachers, but what another fun adventure in AutismWorld...:headache:

Oh good gravy... poor kid.. good thing it's Friday.. he needs a break from them already!!!
Good thing someone had some brains to be reasonable and get to the bottom of it... I don't like when people jump to conclusions...ask questions!!!

Because you followed your heart and married for LOVE!!
Some reason I married a man w/ an X.... I love him...

Yep. I have a feeling I'll be following my wallet on this one ;)

D only takes time off (a complete whole day off) if we actually go away. I think he wants the CRUISE experience. I want the DISNEY experience, but for $1600, I will go on Carnival and know that I can start planning a visit to the World in 2011 with free dining.

:rotfl: I can't wait to hear this one....

oh Pam at least someone had sense enough to think twice. I think you both need a break from them for the weekend.

Jennifer I think i'd follow the wallet on this one too. That's a lot of money and 2 vacations for the price of one!!!!

Someday I will find someone who can handle taking care of the farm and I'll be able to vacation again. Right now I'm stuck to weekends 3-4 days max. And the one person we did have is about to become a dad for the first time so I'm not sure how much free time he'll have.

I think you both need a break from them for the weekend.

I think I need a break from them for the rest of my life! (But the weekend will have to do!) Actually, the weekend is gonna be nutty - DD and I go to NYC tomorrow to see Wicked (her Xmas gift) and I found out this morning that I have to work at the Census all day on Sunday! :furious: I am SO glad that I told them this will be my last week.

Sounds like my DD too!!
However, I have a note on her door that explains what her job is tomorrow cleaning her CLOSET and DESK.. I swept and made the bed today....or she loses her CAR!!!! Yes, I'm the mean mommy.. you don't do as I ask.. I take your wheels!!!

She came home on Sat. and exploded into her room here. Can't even see any carpet or walk through without pulling a hamstring. She hasn't put a ton of effort into looking for a job either so I told her today we were not putting the insurance back on her car until she found a job and she couldn't use the van or the TV's until her room is cleaned to my satisfaction. Now that means no social life! I'm such a mean mom, but I don't care. SHe's only had to clean her room and apply to 100 or so jobs and has done neither in 6 days. I just don't care if she makes no money this summer and doesn't go back to school. She can do community college for all I care. But in the mean time, she will respect us and get that room cleaned or she can move out. It's time for some tough love!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter