• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Current Disneyland Annual Pass Program Has Been Cancelled

I also don’t see much denial, but I do see a lot of “well *I* spend kajillions of dollars on merch therefore DLR execs are dumb to not bring back the program I want” types of thoughts.

I have to keep reminding myself this board isn’t the majority and that we are probably on the upper scale of spend vs. most former AP holders.

Disney has the data and the new program will reflect that, I’m actually a little excited at the changes because I really hope they address the mass overcrowding.

I will actually be disappointed if an unlimited/unlocked tier exists, even if it’s $4000, that’s still $333/mo and a bargain, and will solve nothing.
I agree. Even at $4k, I could see a lot of people buying and going to the parks even more often to justify the price. The only way to go is for some kind of frequent visitor program and make everyone pay each time they want to get in the parks. Im excited to see what Disney decides to do.

I agree. Even at $4k, I could see a lot of people buying and going to the parks even more often to justify the price. The only way to go is for some kind of frequent visitor program and make everyone pay each time they want to get in the parks. Im excited to see what Disney decides to do.
I’m also excited. Maybe a new plan will make it worth it for me to do 2 trips a year. I upgraded my 5 day PH to an AP one year but didn’t make it back to make it worthwhile.

I’m also excited. Maybe a new plan will make it worth it for me to do 2 trips a year. I upgraded my 5 day PH to an AP one year but didn’t make it back to make it worthwhile.
Where do you travel from? I too make about two trips a year. I’m headed there in October. Currently eyeing the 5 day pass but holding back for now in case Disney announces something before then. Crossing my fingers.

They obviously miss us if they keep trying to entice us to come back to the parks…😉
It is nice to feel missed, but I won’t be able to make it to the parks until October and all the “ Legacy pass holder” swag will probably be long gone! I wish I could sneak over for that and the new popcorn bucket!!

Last edited by a moderator:

@abent Well considering this was posted on FB a month after Avengers Campus actually opened, perhaps attendance isn’t quite what they were hoping for! 🤷🏼‍♀️ So hopefully they’ll still have some fun gifts for you in October!😅

it was almost like this sick cycle — too crowded, Disney raises prices to combat crowds, people calculate they need to visit more to get their money’s worth, even bigger crowds ensue. Ad nauseam!

Well considering this was posted on FB a month after Avengers Campus actually opened, perhaps attendance isn’t quite what they were hoping for! 🤷🏼‍♀️ So hopefully they’ll still have some fun gifts for you in October!😅

the legacy AP marketing is this half-hearted attempt to make former passholders “feel special” at absolute minimal cost — basically buying the third shift product of some magnet and button company.

DLR shouldn’t even bother (says the guy with a legacy AP magnet hanging up in his office).

Where do you travel from? I too make about two trips a year. I’m headed there in October. Currently eyeing the 5 day pass but holding back for now in case Disney announces something before then. Crossing my fingers.

We come from Alaska. So flights average $500 each round trip (although I can use companion tickets or miles or whatever to save$$).

I stay off property at about $1500 for 7 nights.

I buy 5 day parkhoppers from a place that this board ******'s out for $390 each. It adds up to about $5,000 per trip for 3 of us.

So AP's would be great, but honestly the park tickets are only about 25% of the expense for me. The plane tickets and hotel ding us the most.

edited for brevity due to oversharing. 😂

Last edited:
The idea posted here that appealed to me the most was some sort of set number of days per year, at a fixed cost. As in 15/20 days per year, perhaps even with some blackouts, at a discounted rate. This essentially could be viewed as forcing payment for each visit, but the cost per visit would go up the fewer times you use this. I would LOVE this idea, as long as the cost of two separate 4/5 day trips was a tiny bit more than the cost of one of these passes. This seems like a win/win for Disney. They could increase the number of people in the parks and potentially simultaneously deal with some of the crowds.

Based on the crowds over the past 5 years, I don't think Disney needs AP's to bolster slower times. They have marathon weekends, and festivals to increase attendance and increase revenue. The pandemic was the perfect time to make the AP program disappear.
The term used by the Disney execs on the last earning call was "loyalty program". It sounds like everyone will pay full price admission. Maybe DLR's most frequent visitors will be offered discounts on merch and food, but I doubt AP's will return.

I’m not sure that’s the case forever going forward but you maybe right.
I agree.

I just checked the website and literally EVERY day is now open for reservations, from 7/5 to 10/31 (yes, from now until Nov 1st no date is sold out for park hopper). They must of increased capacity for sure, and we can only hope some type of new AP program is announced soon.

I think before they do the new offer they're going to first monitor crowd numbers and sales figures. If they're maintaining the crowd number they want to see AND the sales figures they're good with it may be quite some time before a new AP program is offered.

Do you know it costs a family of 3 staying at the DL hotel for 4 nights about $3500 dollars with a 3-day park hopper ticket? Why would it be that much if they are rolling in cash from AP holders?

Because they can charge that much and people pay.

I'm glad so many enjoy Knott's. Personally, we purchased tickets to the Knott's Merry Food festival (can't remember the name) for a date at Thanksgiving and one near Christmas. We attended the one at Thanksgiving. We did not enjoy. We decided we would give away the Christmas tickets, then CA shut down, so I got my money back. I am glad people enjoy Knott's, but it wasn't for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter