The College Program Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
merch, any tips?

if anyone has ever done merch, where were you, where did you want to be, and if you could go again, where would you go?

I did merchandise Spring 2005 (extending til Aug). I was mostly in Fantasyland at MK, though I also worked 2 weeks each in Liberty Square and Adventureland. I was so happy, because I had wanted to be in MK so bad. And if I wanted to do merch again, I would want to go back to the same place.

I've been trying to read the past pages on this thread and noticed that a few people said they over packed. I was just wondering if someone could give me some tips on how many outfits they think it would be appropriate to bring? And how many different kinds of clothing as far as casual and nicer things?

My other question is that I am really interested in taking the Entertainment course which says that it is major specific. However, when I e-mailed Disney about it, they said that they have counselors down there that would see if they thought the class is appropriate for me. I do have a fine arts degree and am currently taking a theatre appreciation class. Has anybody taken the class before? Thanks!

I've been trying to read the past pages on this thread and noticed that a few people said they over packed. I was just wondering if someone could give me some tips on how many outfits they think it would be appropriate to bring? And how many different kinds of clothing as far as casual and nicer things?

My other question is that I am really interested in taking the Entertainment course which says that it is major specific. However, when I e-mailed Disney about it, they said that they have counselors down there that would see if they thought the class is appropriate for me. I do have a fine arts degree and am currently taking a theatre appreciation class. Has anybody taken the class before? Thanks!

How long will you be there? Definitely bring clothes for both warm weather and cold weather. If you are taking a class then you would need more nicer clothing then if you were not (because all you would need it for would be Traditions and training).

Sorry I can't help you on the class.

If accepted I will be doing the Spring 2008. For traditions and training, how nice of clothing? like skirts and dress shoes?

This is Travis Again! Someone asked what roles I put down? I basicly told them that I would do whatever, but I said I would like to be in Operations, Trasportation, Front End Opperations. But I dont know!

After the interview the lady said that they really liked my work experiance and I was the best one she has interviewed that day. (But then again, it was 9am! LOL) So, I don't know!
But for the last two days I have been stocking my mail lady. Hoping I'll get a letter early! I think she has had it tho! Today she might try to run over me! :rolleyes1 HAHA! Anyway I am so excited! I just want to go to make friends, and just get away from this small town I'm in!

I have lived here all my life, and its been two years after high school and all of my friends have left me. So now, I hang out with my mom and dad! LAME! So, I just want this oppertunity really bad and It is killing me to wait! Oh well!
Again, If anyone is looking or going to the Spring Advantage 2008 shoot me an e-mail! travis_barber@sci.edu CHOW;)

that will be my problem too...too many clothes and shoes that i wont wear lol. i'm 22 so of course i want "bar" clothes, and chill clothes, and going out to eat clothes, and dress clothes for traditions/training (i'm not taking classes) and park clothes so I have a feeling I'm going to have to lay everything out and limit myself lol ill be living outta my car i have a feeling haha!!

that will be my problem too...too many clothes and shoes that i wont wear lol. i'm 22 so of course i want "bar" clothes, and chill clothes, and going out to eat clothes, and dress clothes for traditions/training (i'm not taking classes) and park clothes so I have a feeling I'm going to have to lay everything out and limit myself lol ill be living outta my car i have a feeling haha!!

that's okay. when i went, my whole closet was full, and i used 6 out of the 8 dresser drawers we had! my roommate was nice enough to let me use 2 of hers!

that's okay. when i went, my whole closet was full, and i used 6 out of the 8 dresser drawers we had! my roommate was nice enough to let me use 2 of hers!
does each roommate get their own closet so theres 2 closets or just one and u share it??? i know u only get one dresser which kinda stinks and no desks either which is a bit odd lol. oh well!!!

If accepted I will be doing the Spring 2008. For traditions and training, how nice of clothing? like skirts and dress shoes?

Skirts and dress pants are fine. Button-down shirts and blouses are also good. For shoes, you'll want to have either closed-heel open-toe OR open-heel closed-toe. In other words, at least one end of the shoe must be closed.

For the ladies, you will want to wear pantyhose or knee highs with your pants/skirt.

does each roommate get their own closet so theres 2 closets or just one and u share it??? i know u only get one dresser which kinda stinks and no desks either which is a bit odd lol. oh well!!!

I am not sure about the other bedrooms, but I know for the 1-bedrooms there is one walk-in closet that you and your roommate share - there are also 2 lockers inside the closet. There are 3 drawers on each side of the dresser, and me and my roommate split 3 each.

It is a bit strange that there are no desks, but I just use the kitchen counter for my desk (for my laptop). I think for the other bedroom sizes, they have dining room tables.

thanks for the help so basically ill have enough room for the closet to hang things up but less space for dresser drawer type things: tshirts, shorts, etc. gotta know these things in advance for girls!!!

does anyone know how much the laundry costs and if u hafta use quarters??

You use laundry cards. It is 5 bucks to get the card (along with $3 on it) and then it is $1 to wash and $1 to dry. At least at Chatham anyway.

so then you just put money on it whenever u need it?? at least u dont have to worry about quarters!!! in school by my senior year we paid 25 bucks a semester and u had unlimited laundry it was wonderful!!

one last question for tonight lol. when you get there to check in...i know who i want to live with already we need to stand together in line right?? do we have to tell disney ahead of time that we want to live together or do we tell them that day??

thanks joanna!!

so then you just put money on it whenever u need it?? at least u dont have to worry about quarters!!! in school by my senior year we paid 25 bucks a semester and u had unlimited laundry it was wonderful!!

one last question for tonight lol. when you get there to check in...i know who i want to live with already we need to stand together in line right?? do we have to tell disney ahead of time that we want to live together or do we tell them that day??

thanks joanna!!

Yes. You just keep adding money to the card whenever you need it.

And I believe that is how the roomie selection thing works. I actually never used it, but it sounds right. I am pretty sure Iris (Sehsun) used it, hopefully she can come and set me straight.

Im so nervous. it's friday, and my schools presentation isn't until this monday, so who knows when my interview will even be. On here and facebook ppl r being accepted left and right. since our presentation is so late, it's not gunna affect my chances of being accepted. im so scared ill b 1 of the few that wont get accepted :( lol.

I don't know if any of you guys are like me, but I sort of have Disney-radar when I am out in public and can always pick up on when people are talking about something of a Disney nature. Anyhoo, I went to watch a friend's play tonight and I happened to be sitting behind this lady who's son is going to be the new voice for the Haunted Mansion attraction. How cool is that? haha:earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter