The "Boo to Us" Weight Loss Challenge

So what is Chicken Involtini? Never heard of it!

Other than my small slices of the pineapple upside down cake that I have been eating, I've been fairly good. Even though we went out for breakfast Sunday, I was OK.

I had 1 egg over easy, cottage cheese, sauteed spinach, two slices of bacon and an english muffin. (1 protein -egg & cheese combined, 1 veg, 2-3 fats, 2 grains, my whole allotment for the day!)

After that we went to Costco and dined on the buffet, I think I had some feta, a thimble of pumpkin pie, a thimble of an El Pollo Loco Bowl, and a thimble of Healthy Request chicken soup. Calories eaten while walking don't count. :wizard:

For dinner I had a knockwurst with some sauerkraut (1 protein and 1 veg), and before bed I had a glass of chocolate milk (dairy) I still ended the day with a protein, 4 veg, & 2 fruit servings.

Monday,
Breakfast: Cottage Cheese, applesauce and a piece of turkey sausage (1 protein, 1 fruit, 1 fat)
Lunch: 5 pc chicken wings (1+ protein)
Snack: Glass of V8 (1 veg)
Dinner: Costco Orange Chicken with Rice and Veggie mix (1 protein, 2 grain, 2 veg)
Thus leaving me with 3 veg, 1 fruit, 1 dairy and potentially a fat or two.

I didn't get on the scale today because we don't have one in the alternate apartment, hopefully tomorrow we'll see some downward motion. Sat I was really close to my goal, but Sun and Mon I was up about a pound and a half. :sad2:

Involtini are meat rolls or parcel. So, the one I had was a chicken roll. The shop at the market took a chicken thigh fillet, put some chicken mince mixed with breadcrumbs, herbs and spices in the middle and rolled it up. The shop trusses up the involtini and all I do is pan fry it to get the colour going and then put it in the oven for 40 minutes.

I just googled and it seems that it is called Braciola in the US. I don't know if you can get one without prosciutto in the US....

Not everyone :) Nermel9's not going until December :lmao:

NOVEMBER!!!! I don't know what I'd do if I had to wait til December, I would not make it! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

As horrible as I said I was last week, I didn't gain any weight, surprisingly! :confused3 I weighed myself and I was the same, so that's good I guess! I've been doing OK this week, not great, but not terrible! I've went for walks twice already this week, so hopefully that will help, and I've been eating ok. Still haven't been tracking WW points but I hope to start that soon! :)

:yay: for no weight gain!

Come on....I've started tracking.....otherwise, cut down on portion sizes :rotfl:

At least you can get your fix on a weekly basis at DLR! :rolleyes1

The rest of us hang out on the Dis and dream.....

Hah! DL on a weekly basis, I suppose it could be possible, if we didn't have anything else going on in our lives, but there is no way we could actaully make it out there that often! We're lucky if we can get there once a month, if that often! The last time we were in DL was in Sept, and the next time will be November, just too busy to get there!

Very true, but you're still close enough that if you were able to, you could go :) Which makes me jealous :lmao: I miss living in Orlando!

Possible is a very different concept to reality.....it's nice to dream that you live so close to the mouse that you could just go for an hour or two every weekend.....*sigh*

Today, I stuck to my allowance.

Bircher muesli for breakfast, ham sandwich for lunch and rice/curry at mum's for dinner. Snacked on watermelon and orange.

I had the attack of the munchies around 3 pm....so I grabbed a handful of almonds to eat.

No coffee today, just tea.

I'm hoping that if I stay good for the next 3 days and if I pace myself at the World next week (plus all that walking) that I will actually lose some weight when I next get on the WW scales on 1 November.

princess::upsidedow

Ok Princess count me in :grouphug:

I have 20 to 30 kg to lose in 10 months
im already well on the road

no more chocolate or biscuits, pizza, hamburgers, chips, well actually most everything i usually eat

put me down as 155kg and falling :yay:

Hey Princess. I've been doing the whole weight loss/weight gain/weight loss/weight gain thing for a few years now. Best thing that has worked for me is reducing my carb intake. So, instead of having a sandwich with meat and salad for example, just having the meat and salad, but in nice big portions (the protein fills you up). The first week I did this (about this time last year), I lost 2.5kg. You'd be surprised how much more food you get for your points (I've done WW also), if you remove say 3 - 5 points worth of rice or pasta with dinner, or 2 points from your daily sandwich you have for lunch.

Ah, you've got to love a yo-yo dieter who's tried it all, and knows it all LOL. Aust and I are both the same - we love food (we thank our mum for that, and our generous sizes, if we were to eat what we liked). I've always been the sporty one, now Aust has taken over as the runner in the family (yes, we both did the 14km City To Surf this year, but she beat me by about 45 seconds, and is running now 10km at a time, whle I'm lucky to do a leisurely 6km walk!). I'm being very lazy, only doing 1 training session a week plus about 2 walks, when I should be out there every day. I did throw a few discuses at athletics training with my daughter this afternoon - she's training to be a thrower - does that count as exercise for me? I go alright, throwing further than the senior men!).

Anyway, here I am, I'm on board. Weighing in at about 84kg, 170cm (5ft 7inches). I was happy at 78kg in January, after losing 14kg in the 5 months prior to that - now I have to get my butt into gear again! But seriously, low carb eating works. If you want any pointers, just ask - and if you've a mind to stick to it, it is easy.

Ok Princess count me in :grouphug:

I have 20 to 30 kg to lose in 10 months
im already well on the road

no more chocolate or biscuits, pizza, hamburgers, chips, well actually most everything i usually eat

put me down as 155kg and falling :yay:

Hey Princess. I've been doing the whole weight loss/weight gain/weight loss/weight gain thing for a few years now. Best thing that has worked for me is reducing my carb intake. So, instead of having a sandwich with meat and salad for example, just having the meat and salad, but in nice big portions (the protein fills you up). The first week I did this (about this time last year), I lost 2.5kg. You'd be surprised how much more food you get for your points (I've done WW also), if you remove say 3 - 5 points worth of rice or pasta with dinner, or 2 points from your daily sandwich you have for lunch.

Ah, you've got to love a yo-yo dieter who's tried it all, and knows it all LOL. Aust and I are both the same - we love food (we thank our mum for that, and our generous sizes, if we were to eat what we liked). I've always been the sporty one, now Aust has taken over as the runner in the family (yes, we both did the 14km City To Surf this year, but she beat me by about 45 seconds, and is running now 10km at a time, whle I'm lucky to do a leisurely 6km walk!). I'm being very lazy, only doing 1 training session a week plus about 2 walks, when I should be out there every day. I did throw a few discuses at athletics training with my daughter this afternoon - she's training to be a thrower - does that count as exercise for me? I go alright, throwing further than the senior men!).

Anyway, here I am, I'm on board. Weighing in at about 84kg, 170cm (5ft 7inches). I was happy at 78kg in January, after losing 14kg in the 5 months prior to that - now I have to get my butt into gear again! But seriously, low carb eating works. If you want any pointers, just ask - and if you've a mind to stick to it, it is easy.

Nice to see you here ladies.....and we're going to need intros and pictures!! :teeth:

I've never posted a pic on here before, not sure how! Can't do that from here at work, but will look into it over the weekend. Will save my proper intro for then LOL.

I hope everybody has (or has had) a good day ;)

Still up again today, yesterday I quite paced myself.

Breakfast: grapes and a mug of hot chocolate (1 fruit, 1 protein)
Lunch: Chili with onions & cheese (1 protein, 1 veg, 1 fat)
Snack: Another mug of hot chocolate (1 dairy), it was raining yesterday!
Dinner: 3 chicken Mc Nuggets, salad with balsamic vinaigrette (1 protein 1 veg, 1 fat)
My Downfall: a piece of chocolate birthday cake at band (1 grain, 1 fat and probably a whole lot of other things not allowed) :rotfl2:
2nd dinner: Spinach Ravioli, with olive oil and shaved parmesan (1 grain, 1 veg, 2 fats)

Ahhh that's where I blew it 5 fats for the day, only allowed 4! :scared1: I still had a fruit serving and 3 veggies left.

I have to watch it today, we're having corned beef and cabbage for dinner!

A rather busy day of running around a LOT!

Breakfast was porridge with fruit and tea.
I had a berry muffin for morning tea.
Lunch was half a vegetarian panini and half a slice of quiche lorraine (shared with a girlfriend)
Dinner was pasta carbonara (homemade). I took a shot of the carbonara and will post at a later (much later) time.

princess::upsidedow

watermelon a banana, some mixed nuts, 1 pita bread and some super special low fat chilli con carne that i make myself in huge batchs and portion it up so i can take them to work oh and a salad sandwich that i made myself (for lunch)

im going with a as close to real food as possible type scenario
everything is made by me except the bread
then i know exactly what is in it

im over the headache and the sweats from the sugar withdrawal :headache:
my body is now in tune with my new diet
i feel better

so the plan is to just let the weight naturally fall away

i play roller hockey on mondays and i usually go for 4 or 5 long walks a week

if i could be critical of myself

stop watching tv you smeg for brains :happytv:

so thats what i need to work on at the moment
too much tv and not enough living :dance3:

I was going to say, that with the way you're eating you should be losing weight, but then I got to the part about the pasta carbonara! :rotfl2:

Yesterday I kept within my guidelines:
Breakfast: Grilled Knockwurst on Rye Toast (1 grain, 1 protein, 1 fat)
Snack: Banana, V8, Cup of Cocoa (2 fruit, 1 veg, 1 dairy)
Dinner: Corned beef and Cabbage, small red potato (2 protein (big piece), 2 veg, 1 grain, 2 fats)

I didn't get on the scale since we didn't sleep in the apartment with a scale, we'll see tomorrow how bad I'm doing!

watermelon a banana, some mixed nuts, 1 pita bread and some super special low fat chilli con carne that i make myself in huge batchs and portion it up so i can take them to work oh and a salad sandwich that i made myself (for lunch)

im going with a as close to real food as possible type scenario
everything is made by me except the bread
then i know exactly what is in it

im over the headache and the sweats from the sugar withdrawal :headache:
my body is now in tune with my new diet
i feel better

so the plan is to just let the weight naturally fall away

i play roller hockey on mondays and i usually go for 4 or 5 long walks a week

if i could be critical of myself

stop watching tv you smeg for brains :happytv:

so thats what i need to work on at the moment
too much tv and not enough living :dance3:

Sounds like you're doing well by making your own food! I have that same problem of watching too much TV!

I was going to say, that with the way you're eating you should be losing weight, but then I got to the part about the pasta carbonara! :rotfl2:

Yesterday I kept within my guidelines:
Breakfast: Grilled Knockwurst on Rye Toast (1 grain, 1 protein, 1 fat)
Snack: Banana, V8, Cup of Cocoa (2 fruit, 1 veg, 1 dairy)
Dinner: Corned beef and Cabbage, small red potato (2 protein (big piece), 2 veg, 1 grain, 2 fats)

I didn't get on the scale since we didn't sleep in the apartment with a scale, we'll see tomorrow how bad I'm doing!

How was the corned beef and cabbage? And have you got a recipe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter