• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Boa Brigade: New Appointments to the Realm!

Lady Meg!!

I look forward, with great anticipation, to seeing you and your Mom, the Lady Lisa, at the Spectacle of Pins next weekend!!! We are going to have a royal good time!:D

As far as a new work of art, I love surprises!!!

Fluff thy boas!!!

I've got my boa ready, and I'm ready...but I'll be darned if I can find my boa shirts...I know it is in a box somewhere in my garage, but which one????

Does this mean I will be drummed out of the Boa Brigade, or can I have special dispensation?????

Oh!! and by the way...Your Majesty..Did you get your pin set??? Doesn't hurt to suck up a little when you are begging :p

Lady Donna,

Yes, I received the pins...Thank you!!!! They are beautyful!!

Don't worry about the t shirt...I fear it will be too cold in the Realm for t shirts on Saturday night...but the boas will most definitely keep us warm!

Has Sir Eddie fluffed his boa as well?

Both boas have been fluffed....and you're right, it is only going to be in the 50's, which is warmer then last night...tomorrow is supposed to be 80', but they lie!!!!

Lady Donna,
I just wanted to let you know that I received the pin that you sent me, back in Sept wasn't it ;) ? I think that it traveled the world a few times and got sick on the cruise for a couple of weeks.
Thanks

BTW I have a fruit basket with your name on it LOL!

Engr-Chas
Lord of the Tongue in Cheek

When I run into an isle and there before my eyes are all these like really cool looking boa’s I mean these are the really cool ones like the kind you see those French hookers wearing in the old AMC movies.

And I jump and start trying them on looking in the mirror talking to myself say stuff like oh yea this ones cool, and Oh baby who’s your daddy.

When it dawned on me this is not normal behavior for a guy in a craft store, why heck I had to pretend I was out of superglue to fix my broken beer mug to even get past the testosterone line outside the store of men waiting for their wives to come out.

When I turn around and what do I see but about 5 women just standing there looking at me with this really weird look on their faces like as if to say what the heck is he doing, and should we call security????

But then it happened just as every time in my life when the chips are down something fun happens. About 4 of the skinniest looking model types of ladies came running up and one yelled oh wow Boa’s how retro and they start flipping boa’s around and acting like they were in a movie or models on a runway or something.

This of coarse got me my membership into the tractor pull club reinstated, and a few of those men outside gave me the best compliment a high five-beer salute as I left the store with my new multicolored boa that Leslie its to die for really.

Why one of the gentlemen even said he had to try one of those there girly fuzzy things on to see if it attracted women like it did for you.

So men a few rules if you get brave and decide to try a boa on in public.

#1 Stay in large groups. ( I travel with an awesome posse )
#2 Put it on but act like Hulk Hogan or a strung out wrestler of some kind.
#3 Don’t dance with it on and never ever twirl.
#4 Never ask another person if this makes you look macho.
#5 DO NOT WEAR ANY KIND OF HAT that even suggests you might be a redneck
#6 Wear it only at Disney, no Tractor pulls, ball games, of your son’s boy scouts camp out jamboree.
#7 Anytime rap music is playing feel free do whatever you want with your boa. YO YO YO.
#8 Never get lost and stay with friends even at Disney, security is so serious these days.
#9 Try to look tough and hit walls with your head and fists a lot this will help keep people at a distance.

#10 Try in on and try to look cute women cant resist and will want a picture or two and its perfectly legal to hug the ladies as long as your wearing a boa, even the wife can’t complain, besides who can get mad at a guy in a boa, and at MGM you’ll fit right in, and you will make the Disney channel at least twice.

See Chas and you thought I was losing it, I’m still here dude. :p

Gee, where's the paparazzi when you need them? Wouldn't that make a good picture...Sir Eddie, flexing his biceps in the craft store while wearing a multi-colored boa!!:D

I can't wait to see your glorious new boa!!

The Spectacle of Pins, by Leslie Marsh, The Queen of the Boa Brigade

Well, it was a fantastic weekend!!! I had a BLAST!!!

Friday evening: MVMCP

leslie1.jpg

Corey welcoming us to MVMCP

...not to get all mushy here, but I get teary eyed everytime I first get to MVMCP and see the snow falling on Main Street, USA.

leslie22.jpg

My kids would say, "oh, Mom, it's just soap bubbles" but to me it is such a pretty sight..it's magic:D! A little nip in the air, hot chocolate and cookies, one of the best WDW parades

leslie4.jpg

Michael and Corey... I had the BEST time...and just for the record...if you want to have fun, drink two cosmos at dinner and then go on the tea cups with Michael and Corey:crazy:

And look who I met up with? Belle in all her holiday finery!

leslie6.jpg

Then on to the Contemporary where we met up with Robin, Debbie and Mom, Michelle and Manny, Ed and Donna, Dana, Michael, Princess Brittany and Justin, Lori, Dean and Walt, June and Bob...please forgive me if I left anyone out. Lot's of hugs and holiday wishes all around!

The Spectacle of Pins: Overall, the event was FABULOUS!! The registration process was very simple and efficient. During the day, they had a huge room for us with decorations, tables for trading, the pin swap boards, a grab bag gift (we each picked a small stocking off a tree. Each one had a pin...I got the Belle Princess Ball pin..how weird is that! There were alot of AP pins as well...very cool). They also had trivia questions and were giving pin prizes...did anyone ever find out who narrated the very first Candlelight Processional?

In the evening, we all waited to be herded from here to dinner, but this was the only time there was any kind of line or wait for anything. Dinner was outdoors...a beautyful starlit night, cool temps, but they had heaters set up and it was very comfortable. I enjoyed the meal, (I had chicken wings, the official chicken part of the Boa Brigade.:)) although I know some people were not happy with the meal, some wanted more variety ( they had roast chicken, pasta, salad, rolls, veggies and desserts) and many were disappointed that they did not serve wine like they did at the AK event in April.

There were CM with lanyards trading with us...lots of AP pins! And they got up on stage and sang "The 12 pins of Christmas" which I thought was very funny:

leslie8.jpg

Then it was off to see a private viewing of the Ozzy Osborne Lights, I mean the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. They had cookies and hot chocolate and and it was nice to walk through without the normal crowds.

leslie3.jpg

The Chanukah House

leslie21.jpg

This one is called "Cheese"

leslie2.jpg

leslie7.jpg

Then it was off to get our gift from Santa

pin18007

and to pick up our second rsp pins. And BTW, the pictures don't do the pins justice at all...they are really quite beautyful in person!! My favorites are the puppet pins!

All in all, a great event! And even more important, a great weekend, spent with good friends!!

leslie5.jpg

The first Candlelight Processional was narrated by Rock Hudson. I didn't like the Trivia at all. Very unfair when they knew they had a guest who could not participate because of hearing loss. They needed something that ewveryone could participate in.
The rest was wonderful. I actually had one of my favorite interpreters, Tara, interpreting for me and she enjoyed the event as well especially going through the Osbourne Lights (she was really off but wanted see the lights too so came with us).
Candlelight Processional on Friday night with Marlee Matlin and Angela interpreting the music was awesome. Did you know she interpreted everyone of Marlee Matlin's performances? Quite a lady. I also loved that Marlee as she left the stage recognized us who over where the interpreter was with the the I love you sign.
Sunday at MVMCP was awesome as well. I love the snow. And I had great interpreters for that as well.
Then yesterday I had the best surprise! One of the interpreters left a few months back to take another job in another city. He is now back at WDW and Monday was his first day back! It was so godd to see him.
I really had a great time this weekend

I'm glad that you guys all had fun at the event. When I was hanging around in the parks the next day I only heard negative things about the event.
I guess it's all what you make of it.

My Queen!

What BEAUTYful pictures from the event.

I love MVMCP too.... :)

Debbie <-----who is still hanging around WDW for a another day or so

Seeing the pictures makes me miss you guys even more. I told Fred yesterday, I need a wdw pin friends fix!!! Hopefully soon. We're busy this next weekend with Christmas program at church. I am not in it this year. Taking time off because of daddy's home-going. I've been pulled in so many directions this last month, I didn't even know the music, and I just need some time for me.

But I'm so glad you all had a nice time. And I'm hoping event services will send me all my goodies. I called them friday before. Talked to Kirk who knows me. So hopefully I'll get everything, except hot cocoa and cookies!!

I miss you guys!! And I love ya to death!! You are all the best of the best!!!

Much love,
Winnie and Fred

We miss you too Winnie...!!!

Cant wait to see ya'll again..!!! :bounce:

*hugs*

Buggin'
Amber

What GREAT pictures!!!!

We had a Blast at MVMCP and the Pin Event. It was nice to be with everyone and we really enjoyed the event.

Michael

Nice and clear too, Good work Your Majesty..

We had so much fun w/ everyone..so nice to share our adventures w/ others:p

Look what I found!! :teeth:

The old threads haven't been mothballed after all!!! YAY!!!

I wore a Pink Jasmine boa to Parti Gras. At the Coronation Jasmine made a big fuss over by boa. I had a great time.
Michele

What is the next BB event????? Is there another official event coming up????

EVERY Disney event, is a Boa event....Where have you been??????

Matter of fact, I am wearing my boa right now...aren't you???

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Michele, I am sorry I didn't see your boa at Parti Gras. I am sure you were beautyful!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter