The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

We got our best time for RotR from a 7:17 booking at the beginning of March. We stumbled on it by constantly refreshing after I was kicked out of paying during a 7 a.m. booking.

I would still try at 7. You never know when Disney's going to change things around.
Good call! I think that is what we will do, still try at 7 but check later if we weren’t able to get our priorities around 7:15-7:20

i have a friend at HS today. Am I correct in saying that you have no chance in getting a ILL for ROTR if you are not on property? They tried booking right at opening and it showed not currently offered. AS many have said even though they purchased LL the very first one they could book at 7 am was for an 11 am time. By 10 am every LL with the exception of shows were sold out. Yes I know this is a sold out day and they go often but it seems like a stacked deck.

i have a friend at HS today. Am I correct in saying that you have no chance in getting a ILL for ROTR if you are not on property? They tried booking right at opening and it showed not currently offered. AS many have said even though they purchased LL the very first one they could book at 7 am was for an 11 am time. By 10 am every LL with the exception of shows were sold out. Yes I know this is a sold out day and they go often but it seems like a stacked deck.
As I understand it, it's very difficult to get an ILL$ for RotR if you're off-site. However, it's not impossible. But that "not impossible" has to be tempered, because you have to be willing to be on your phone a lot, constantly refreshing, and take whatever you can get, assuming something pops up. And then not be kicked out of the system while your payment is processing.

G+ LLs appear and disappear. Booking these also requires diligent refreshing and phone time and a willingness to take whatever arises.

I hope your friend has good luck today. Or doesn't mind standing in line.

Offiste RotR $ILL is the unicorn of the G+/$ILL system. Extremely rare and one of the remaining advantages in staying onsite IMO.

Every non-show LL sold out by 10am seems odd. According to thrill data for DHS today the following rides were still available at 10:
TSM
ToT
ST
RnRC
MFSR
MMRR
saucers

View attachment 657153
A heavy rainstorm went through at around 10 and then Slinky was down for some time, so they had to stop at one of the blue umbrella help stations to have some help. Because of this they couldn't book another LL until they could use the one they had for Slinky. Also RnRC was down for a large part of the morning. I was following along on the app and I stand by the no availability showing by late morning, with the exception of shows and Star Tours, a ride none of them were interested in. They did rope drop MMR at park opening.

As I understand it, it's very difficult to get an ILL$ for RotR if you're off-site. However, it's not impossible. But that "not impossible" has to be tempered, because you have to be willing to be on your phone a lot, constantly refreshing, and take whatever you can get, assuming something pops up. And then not be kicked out of the system while your payment is processing.

G+ LLs appear and disappear. Booking these also requires diligent refreshing and phone time and a willingness to take whatever arises.

I hope your friend has good luck today. Or doesn't mind standing in line.
Thank you but they were only there for the one day. That was enough.

A heavy rainstorm went through at around 10 and then Slinky was down for some time, so they had to stop at one of the blue umbrella help stations to have some help. Because of this they couldn't book another LL until they could use the one they had for Slinky. Also RnRC was down for a large part of the morning. I was following along on the app and I stand by the no availability showing by late morning, with the exception of shows and Star Tours, a ride none of them were interested in. They did rope drop MMR at park opening.
Seems like a case of weather and individual circumstances rather than everything sold out at 10am. Can you be more precise about the time of your late morning observations?

Last edited:
If a ride goes down, your LL should automatically convert to a multi-experience pass, there’s no need to visit guest services to help with that. Did that not happen for some reason?

If a ride goes down, your LL should automatically convert to a multi-experience pass, there’s no need to visit guest services to help with that. Did that not happen for some reason?
For some reason when the ride shut down the LL did not automatically convert. They went to one of the help stations and they quickly fixed it for them.

As long as people keep paying for it, Disney will keep charging for it.
Very true. We are all looking forward to our next family trip at Universal. Staying at a deluxe resort, club level with the FREE Express pass for half the cost of a deluxe standard room at Disney!! The little ones will so love the minimal wait in lines and the ability to ride a ride over and over again if they wish. We have loved and gone to Disney for over thirty years but now it will be a day or two added around a week visit at Universal or a resort stay at a DVC with rented points.

I’m oversimplifying I am sure and it may even be true that my slipping reading comprehension and diminishing patience contributes to my feelings, perhaps illogical, but hey we’re talking feelings, that I really, really dislike, to put it mildly, genie plus.

Just got home from a 7 day trip. I pre-paid for G+ just to try it out. Some days it was more helpful than others, but overall I was pleased. I will state that this was for only 2 adults. We did not make it to early hours any of our days, but we did take advantage of extended hours at both Epcot and MK. I did pay for ILL once at each park. FOP and ROTR are must do’s for us. I wouldn’t pay for Remy again unless I had little kids.
G+ worked well for us at MK and HS by going late morning or early afternoon and stacking for later in the day, but we didn’t try to ride SD. I felt that G+ wasn’t really necessary at Epcot, but again, we don’t have young kids and would never wait in the regular line for the Frozen ride. At AK, it allowed us to avoid standing in long lines, but it wasn’t really necessary there either. I did try using G+ for a few shows. It was totally unnecessary except maybe for the Lion King show at AK. It allowed us to avoid waiting in line.

I had a chance to see DHS Genie+ availability first hand on Friday. Our park reservation was at Epcot but we didn’t plan to use Genie+ there. So my goal was to get a LL for SDD with a return time around 4:30- 6:30 because we planned to spend a few hours there after a midday break and before returning to Epcot for Harmonious. SDD was the only major ride at DHS we didn’t do on our day there earlier in the week.

At 7 AM from the hotel balcony and using data, I refreshed SDD a couple of times until the return time showed as 4 PM. I clicked on that and was offered and booked 5:15-6:15. Perfect.

After that, I checked for LL availability at roughly 10:30, 12:30, and 2:30 and ended up with the following:

41B93F60-35A3-4C9A-843D-3F1D93305104.jpeg

Last edited:
I could have had RNRC when I checked at 10:30, but the return time was a little later than we wanted and we intended to stay in the Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge area.

So, we got SDD and 3 other attractions to do in about 90 minutes before going to Epcot.

I could have had RNRC when I checked at 10:30, but the return time was a little later than we wanted and we intended to stay in the Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge area.

So, we got SDD and 3 other attractions to do in about 90 minutes before going to Epcot.
How long were your waits in the LL, typically?

How long were your waits in the LL, typically?

We were there a couple weeks ago and the one thing I loved about the new system is the lower waits. We last went MLK week of 19, and we waited over 20 minutes many times for our FP (Id even venture to say most times). We used LL or ILL I think 17 times. We had two 20ish minute waits, the rest were pretty much just walk right to the merge point.

One wait was tot. But we used a LL for it before with no issues. Not sure what the backup was. The other was saucers. And it was because one side was down so they were only running the one.

Genie+ has its downfalls, but actually being able to quickly ride rides as compared to FP is a huge improvement. Which in turn does also cause a negative because it’s harder to get LL than FP for the more popular rides.

We were there a couple weeks ago and the one thing I loved about the new system is the lower waits. We last went MLK week of 19, and we waited over 20 minutes many times for our FP (Id even venture to say most times). We used LL or ILL I think 17 times. We had two 20ish minute waits, the rest were pretty much just walk right to the merge point.

One wait was tot. But we used a LL for it before with no issues. Not sure what the backup was. The other was saucers. And it was because one side was down so they were only running the one.

Genie+ has its downfalls, but actually being able to quickly ride rides as compared to FP is a huge improvement. Which in turn does also cause a negative because it’s harder to get LL than FP for the more popular rides.
Thanks for the valuable info! The fact that you generally walked right to LL/standby merge point is evidence that oftentimes LL is empty and thus not slowing standby down as much as FP+ did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter