• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Feb 15 2021, no availability left by 1:07 for:
SDD
MF
RnR coaster
ToT
Mickey Minnie Railway (ILL)

If I were there now, paid for G+ and was only able to get 3 of the big rides (by booking at 7, 11, and 1) I’d be 😡

Disney needs to do something to fix this mess.

the standbys for all of those are 80 minutes or greater.

boy how I miss the old days of scheduling FPs (generally) when I wanted them, having it included in my highly priced ticket, and also being able to re-ride with FP at times!

I remember before Chapek, they cared about guest experience and studied how many “experiences” guests needed in order to want to come back. Something tells me that paying for G+ to skip the line on just a few rides that really need it ain’t it. At least not for my family.

this is the pits :(

We had a terrible experience with G+ at HS last Friday. The selection was terrible. Most of the time windows were many hours later, even in the morning. Then everything good was gone by early afternoon. I think we may have successfully used it for 1 ride. $75 (party of 5) for one ride. What a horrible move by Disney. The de-evolution of the FastPass system over the years is practically criminal - an exaggeration, but I did really feel robbed of that $75.

last week I probably got 5 rides out of G+ a day. Two of the nights, one in MK and one in HS we had 5 rides to do in two hours which was good. Although the HS night my head was spinning going from MF, to SD, to TSM, to RNRC to TOT, without a break.

In my limited experience on my last 10 day trip, it seems to be designed for those who don’t have small kids or less abled members of their party, that wake up and rope drop and stay late into the evening without leaving the park or eating table service. Of course it works for others sometimes, but you have to be completely open to missing naps, meals, and zig zagging all through the parks from sun up to sun down to truly utilize it.

I think I used it 5 out of 8 park days, and I usually was able to grab one morning ride (10ish), then at 11 when I could book again the slots were during lunch and naps so I waited a bit, and was then in the 6 pm slots, did one more ride and called it a day. It really did not work well when rides were down for a few hours.

It is one of those things were it’s not very useful for me, but if I don’t buy it, the two rides we do get to do with it would turn into 1 without it. It’s a bad situation to be in where I feel I was robbed of my 70 bucks each time I used it.

last week I probably got 5 rides out of G+ a day. Two of the nights, one in MK and one in HS we had 5 rides to do in two hours which was good. Although the HS night my head was spinning going from MF, to SD, to TSM, to RNRC to TOT, without a break.

And there is the problem--some of us do not want to be out riding at night--we are there for the morning and return to the parks for the atmosphere and dining at night. FP+ allowed those of us who had that preference and those who had an evening or afternoon preference, to choose the times that fit our touring styles. G+ does not in any way allow for different styles.

We are visiting next week for two days. I am tempted to schedule evening rides while we are driving from Naples to Disney at our PH park since we are only there two nights, but I really do not want to encourage the whole program. :headache:

Last edited:
Good for you. They must be getting alot of this going on trip advisor reviews are savaging them currently

Do you have a link for the trip advisor reviews. I went to TA and tried to locate reviews, but my searches didn't locate anything related to the parks--only the hotels.

We haven't been yet. Could I ask a few questions, to help us decide if we should buy?

We will not be rope dropping nor closing out the parks. Probably no roller coaster. So we wake up 7 am, MK .....we want HM, Buzz ,the calmer rides.... What can we expect? First ride at noon, second ride at 6 pm?

That sounds great. Honestly if I could do those 5 at HS I would be satisfied. But only 3 of them spread throughout a whole day would not be worth it. Like at all. They need to figure this out.

In my limited experience on my last 10 day trip, it seems to be designed for those who don’t have small kids or less abled members of their party, that wake up and rope drop and stay late into the evening without leaving the park or eating table service. Of course it works for others sometimes, but you have to be completely open to missing naps, meals, and zig zagging all through the parks from sun up to sun down to truly utilize it.

I think I used it 5 out of 8 park days, and I usually was able to grab one morning ride (10ish), then at 11 when I could book again the slots were during lunch and naps so I waited a bit, and was then in the 6 pm slots, did one more ride and called it a day. It really did not work well when rides were down for a few hours.

It is one of those things were it’s not very useful for me, but if I don’t buy it, the two rides we do get to do with it would turn into 1 without it. It’s a bad situation to be in where I feel I was robbed of my 70 bucks each time I used it.
Agree. The zig zagging and unpredictable scheduled times that you get stuck into is not fun. Like at all.

And there is the problem--some of us do not want to be out riding at night--we are there for the morning and return to the parks for the atmosphere and dining at night. FP+ allowed those of us who had that preference and those who had an evening or afternoon preference, to choose the times that fit our touring styles. G+ does not in any way allow for different styles.

We are visiting next week for two days. I am tempted to schedule evening rides while we are driving from Naples to Disney at our PH park since we are only there two nights, but I really do not want to encourage the whole program. :headache:
You 100% nailed it and said it better than me. Being able to generally choose am or pm times for riding made it a fun vacation. Because some of it was planned and some of it could be spontaneous. What they have now stinks. I know they want me there longer with idle time so I spend more in the shops etc, I’m not stupid. But it’s a bad experience and we will not return as often as we used to go. So now they’re losing my dollars, not gaining them, where it really counts.

We haven't been yet. Could I ask a few questions, to help us decide if we should buy?

We will not be rope dropping nor closing out the parks. Probably no roller coaster. So we wake up 7 am, MK .....we want HM, Buzz ,the calmer rides.... What can we expect? First ride at noon, second ride at 6 pm?
It’s hard to say what times to expect. My best advice would be to look at your MDE and go to the tip board- it lists all of the G+ times currently available to book- you could take a peek at various points in the day to see what your choices are looking like. Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan will go earlier than the others so keep an eye on them especially.

If it weren’t $15, I’d prefer Genie+ to Fastpass as the number of G+ passes are more limited, so standby goes faster than with FP+ (standby are longer right now because of bigger crowds, not G+).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter