• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

We will be at DHS next Friday.

How early do you need to queue lately to see the Indiana Jones Stunt show? I am thinking about seeing the first show at 10:45. From what I read at least 30 minutes early. Is that enough?

It has been discouraging lately to see all the long lines that emerge at DHS so early in the morning. Depending on the LL windows I think it may be a good pivot to go see the 10:45 show.

Party of 2 with G+ and ETPE. Hope to get get an ILL$ for ROTR.

On March 12, we showed up at 4:15 for the 4:30 Indy show.
The middle section was filled but we got good seats in a side section.
This was the last non-sold-out day before the March 13-17 period when all parks were sold out.
DHS was noticeably less crowded on March 12 than on our second DHS day, March 15.

I have a friend currently at Disney who booked ROR with the second drop. She said she started refreshing at 7:15 and then was able to book a 11 ROR. I glanced at the other $ILL and it appeared they dropped new times as well…

Perhaps they are increasing capacity, like they were doing on the weekends.
Makes me a bit annoyed that they have this capability but only use it sparingly. A cost cutting measure to be sure.

Perhaps they are increasing capacity, like they were doing on the weekends.
Makes me a bit annoyed that they have this capability but only use it sparingly. A cost cutting measure to be sure.
Good thought- maybe overall capacity (staff, more ride tracks running etc) has increased and because of that they have allotted more G+ availability…..

I am putting more detail about this on the thread about early entry, but this morning at 7:17 I saw a return time of 8:30 AM for ROTR after it had been unavailable except for a few one off pop ups since 7:01. I was intentionally holding out for an earlier time.

When I clicked on the 8:30 time I quickly raced to book it. I was offered 9:35- 10:35, which was great and proceeded to purchase it. When I got the confirmation I found to my embarrassment that I hadn’t changed the party to include my 2 daughters. When I had booked LL before this trip the default party was always everyone on my friends and family list that had a park reservation that day, and I sometimes had to drop my wife if it was for something she won’t do. That apparently has changed.

I quickly went to add people to the party and when that was confirmed my daughters had 10:15 -11:15.More than enough overlap to be useful.

Two lessons:

1. The 7:17 phenomenon seems to be real. It helped me to get exactly the time I wanted for Remy last evening and a desirable early time for ROTR this morning. Early times appear and don’t move as much while you book as when so many people are trying to book at the same time.

2. Be sure to check that you have the party correct as you go through the booking and purchase process.

I am putting more detail about this on the thread about early entry, but this morning at 7:17 I saw a return time of 8:30 AM for ROTR after it had been unavailable except for a few one off pop ups since 7:01. I was intentionally holding out for an earlier time.

When I clicked on the 8:30 time I quickly raced to book it. I was offered 9:35- 10:35, which was great and proceeded to purchase it. When I got the confirmation I found to my embarrassment that I hadn’t changed the party to include my 2 daughters. When I had booked LL before this trip the default party was always everyone on my friends and family list that had a park reservation that day, and I sometimes had to drop my wife if it was for something she won’t do. That apparently has changed.

I quickly went to add people to the party and when that was confirmed my daughters had 10:15 -11:15.More than enough overlap to be useful.

Two lessons:

1. The 7:17 phenomenon seems to be real. It helped me to get exactly the time I wanted for Remy last evening and a desirable early time for ROTR this morning. Early times appear and don’t move as much while you book as when so many people are trying to book at the same time.

2. Be sure to check that you have the party correct as you go through the booking and purchase process.

All good feedback and if you do leave people off or your MDE acts up and your active party that you've been booking iLL$ and G+ for isn't there, you can screenshot the issue and go to guest services and most often, they can help. Not always a guarantee but I think kindness goes a long way.

All good feedback and if you do leave people off or your MDE acts up and your active party that you've been booking iLL$ and G+ for isn't there, you can screenshot the issue and go to guest services and most often, they can help. Not always a guarantee but I think kindness goes a long way.

I agree. I was fortunate enough to recognize and essentially correct my mistake quickly enough to get a result that I knew would work for us without seeking help from Guest Relations.

With the overlap and the grace periods we had a window of 10:10 -10:50 which we knew would work fine.

Two lessons:

I’m almost wondering if it’s a better strategy at this point to book around this time!! Feels risky though….

I’m so grateful that I’m going to have two days in almost each park on my trip because this is stressful!

I’m almost wondering if it’s a better strategy at this point to book around this time!! Feels risky though….

I’m so grateful that I’m going to have two days in almost each park on my trip because this is stressful!
We got our best time for RotR from a 7:17 booking at the beginning of March. We stumbled on it by constantly refreshing after I was kicked out of paying during a 7 a.m. booking.

I would still try at 7. You never know when Disney's going to change things around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter