The big G+ rides at HS gone by 1:07!

At 3:02 AlienSS (it had disappeared for a few mins); at 3:04 I saw it appear briefly again for 6:00 pm

I learned my lesson. Until they fix this convoluted mess I personally will never pay for it again.

At HS we RD Runaway Railway and waiting 40 minutes (my nephew timed EVERY line we were in including our quick service meals, lol, love that kid)` used G+ for Alien Saucers, which had weird issues that wouldn't let 3 of our party in, but we ignored the cast member and just walked past them and somehow didn't get kicked out of the park and got on the ride, and Rockin Roller coaster which we had to ride at 7pm as it was the only thing available worth booking after waiting at guest services for an hour. The longest line I stood in all day was RotR for 80minutes at 8:15PM, ironically the second longest, guest services at almost an hour. We got on Smugglers Run in 45 minutes. I didn't bother with slinky dog, we were on ToT in 35 minutes. All other rides while posted 60+ were no more than 40 minutes.

So for all the headache and $$$ for the 16 of us, we saved maybe 1.5 hours of waiting in lines. Nope, not doing it again. YMMV

Two days later I went to universal with my son - express pass included in our stay at Portofino Bay - and we rode 15 rides with it. FIFTEEN!
Comparing Lines at Disney to Lines at Universal is getting old and tired. If Universal had the crowds that Disney has, they would have the same problems. And if Disney had the crowds that Universal has, then Disney would be a breeze. It's the number of people (lack of capacity) not G+ that is the problem. G+ works great if there aren't as many people around. ExpressPass works great if there aren't as many people around. Both will break if there are tons of people.

I don’t see it as stealing. You’re giving up riding with genie+ as you go (you would get more rides in the AM at MK) and shifting it into the evening.
I think it was you who originally used the word “stealing”. I was responding to your post which references stealing. Not stealing in the literal sense but eating up capacity later in the evening that might have been available before because you could not hold more than 3FPs with only 1 as a tier 1. I’m guessing it couldn’t be done this week with HS LLs selling out by 1pm. They may not even be at MK booking LL at every 2 hour interval but sitting by the pool, who knows.

I think it was you who originally used the word “stealing”. I was responding to your post which references stealing. Not stealing in the literal sense but eating up capacity later in the evening that might have been available before because you could not hold more than 3FPs with only 1 as a tier 1. I’m guessing it couldn’t be done this week with HS LLs selling out by 1pm. They may not even be at MK booking LL at every 2 hour interval but sitting by the pool, who knows.
Stealing as in blocking; but you paid for it. I think we both agree on that

Personally I am fine with paying for G+ and getting 3 good rides that save me 30+ minutes each because I was ok with the thought of paying for FP+. (I would prefer to pay for FP+ than pay for G+) i don’t see myself refreshing like crazy and spending my day on the phone for a 4th or 5th. It sucks that the main headliners are extra on top of G+ but reports say those rides aren’t bad to do at closing.

When we used FP+ we would only use our 3 FP+. I may have pulled an extra one twice. Ever. I never played the refresh game with FP+. We are quality over quantity kind of people so we would book them for the evening and utilize RD for “b” rides. In MK do splash and BTMRR, at AK do the safari or EE, RNRC and ToT at DHS and Soarin at Epcot.

Last edited:
3:21 RnRc
3:24 Star Tours at 3:45!
3:26 Indiana Jones show at 4:00 pm
3:27 Star Tours at 4:10
3:29 AlienSS at 7:10

Last edited:
Seems the big issue is DHS. I checked out the tip board and the other parks aren’t as bad as DHS. Epcot still has soarin and SE. MK has plenty including PP. AK doesn’t have much G+ left either but the wait times don’t look as bad as DHS.

The real issue I have is how are Stand By Lines just as Long as when Fastpass days are, when

A) Only 50% of guests use G+
B) No one can get the same ride twice in one day
C) Those with G+ can barely get more than 2-3 passes in a day

Fastpass, there's still times available for plenty of rides, and rides continually refresh with more availability on the app too. Also, with being able to get the same ride again, people were easily able to get 7+ passes in a day.

So why does G+, with seemingly less 'availability' for times / deplete for every ride midday, which 'should' mean shorter return lines for the 'skippers' somehow slow down the Stand-by line far worse than Fastpass ever did?

Few Reasonings could be

A) Riders Per Hour maybe below the usual for every ride. If they bring that back up to what it should be for every ride, then the system would actually work / more allotments for times become available.

B) Far less than 50% of park goers ever took advantage of Fastpass. So essentially make it 'paid to use' brought more people to 'skip' lines than push people away, thus did opposite of speeding up Stand-by lines

C) The meet n greets / train / etc are Major crowd suckers that are desperately needed to alleviate lines. I see this affecting Standby lines, but as for G+ selections, only a gain of 1 possible extra selection / still lower than could get Fastpasses

My guess is A/C are the main reasonings. I don't see B being true, but if somehow Guests are using a paid system more than a free system, then we're more doomed.

maybe more thoughts / reasonings I didn't think of, so can respond with your thoughts.

The real issue I have is how are Stand By Lines just as Long as when Fastpass days are, when

A) Only 50% of guests use G+
B) No one can get the same ride twice in one day
C) Those with G+ can barely get more than 2-3 passes in a day

Fastpass, there's still times available for plenty of rides, and rides continually refresh with more availability on the app too. Also, with being able to get the same ride again, people were easily able to get 7+ passes in a day.

So why does G+, with seemingly less 'availability' for times / deplete for every ride midday, which 'should' mean shorter return lines for the 'skippers' somehow slow down the Stand-by line far worse than Fastpass ever did?

Few Reasonings could be

A) Riders Per Hour maybe below the usual for every ride. If they bring that back up to what it should be for every ride, then the system would actually work / more allotments for times become available.

B) Far less than 50% of park goers ever took advantage of Fastpass. So essentially make it 'paid to use' brought more people to 'skip' lines than push people away, thus did opposite of speeding up Stand-by lines

C) The meet n greets / train / etc are Major crowd suckers that are desperately needed to alleviate lines. I see this affecting Standby lines, but as for G+ selections, only a gain of 1 possible extra selection / still lower than could get Fastpasses

My guess is A/C are the main reasonings. I don't see B being true, but if somehow Guests are using a paid system more than a free system, then we're more doomed.

maybe more thoughts / reasonings I didn't think of, so can respond with your thoughts.

I’ve read that you virtually have zero wait with G+. With FP+ I remember routinely waiting 10ish minutes for a ride. So less people using it but they cut the standby line much quicker with G+.

I agree that the crowd suckers aren’t available. Fantasmic and CoH at DHS. Not as many meet and greets.

I’ve read that you virtually have zero wait with G+. With FP+ I remember routinely waiting 10ish minutes for a ride.

If that's the case, then why would stand-by line be just as equal / worse from when lines had fastpasses? Specially with the 'limited capacity' set.

Really makes the Meet n Greet / Train / Shows a much need for Disney to bring back if they are that much capacity holders. Standby lines would then be far less, making FP+ not so much needed, and balancing out.

Without those, the balance is currently way off. Obviously only speculation as no data to show with all those still closed.

__edit add

If those open and we're still seeing the balance off, then my thought of Ridership per Hour being reduced is likely the culprit.

I’ve read that you virtually have zero wait with G+. With FP+ I remember routinely waiting 10ish minutes for a ride. So less people using it but they cut the standby line much quicker with G+.

I agree that the crowd suckers aren’t available. Fantasmic and CoH at DHS. Not as many meet and greets.
Not true. For Soarin it took 15 min LL wait+15 to ride, Test track was similar; we ended up not doing rider switch because there was no time (leave at least 30-40 mins between rides). For Remy, people waited longer with the VQ, so hopefully that is not the case anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter