The Bachelor Arie

So do Jason, Molly and Melissa get a cut of the money for this season?

More LIES..... self importance.... what he says HE wants.... and total disregard for others.... UGGGHHHH.....

Arie called out by Chris Harrison:
"About six to eight weeks later, they broke up. Luyendyk eventually went on to propose to his runner-up Lauren Burnham with a 3.5-carat Neil Lane ring on the After The Final Rose special Tuesday, March 6. The next morning, the season 22 lead claimed that filming the breakup with Kufrin was for her long-term benefit.http://www.theknotnews.com/the-bachelorette-season-14-revealed-27583

“I wanted her that opportunity, honestly, I wanted her that opportunity to be the potential Bachelorette,” Luyendyk told Michael Strahan on Good Morning America. “I hope I gave her that closure. I’m very happy for her. I’m happy that she’s going to be able to find her true love through the show.”

Harrison, however, seemingly questioned the race car driver’s claim. “Well, then, he was thinking far ahead of the game,” the host and show producer said. “That’s a decision that the Bachelors are never involved in...."

More LIES..... self importance.... what he says HE wants.... and total disregard for others.... UGGGHHHH...

Don't be upset with him. He is just following the script and saying what the producers want him to say. If he started to ad lib and saying what he wanted to say the producers would cut him off and sue him for breach of contract. He was to follow the script or he risks forfeiting his entire salary for the show.

More LIES..... self importance.... what he says HE wants.... and total disregard for others.... UGGGHHHH.....

Arie called out by Chris Harrison:
"About six to eight weeks later, they broke up. Luyendyk eventually went on to propose to his runner-up Lauren Burnham with a 3.5-carat Neil Lane ring on the After The Final Rose special Tuesday, March 6. The next morning, the season 22 lead claimed that filming the breakup with Kufrin was for her long-term benefit.

“I wanted her that opportunity, honestly, I wanted her that opportunity to be the potential Bachelorette,” Luyendyk told Michael Strahan on Good Morning America. “I hope I gave her that closure. I’m very happy for her. I’m happy that she’s going to be able to find her true love through the show.”

Harrison, however, seemingly questioned the race car driver’s claim. “Well, then, he was thinking far ahead of the game,” the host and show producer said. “That’s a decision that the Bachelors are never involved in...."
Is that from here?

https://www.bustle.com/p/chris-harr...ca-questions-the-bachelors-odd-excuse-8445616

Scumbag Arie was trying to deflect the blame for breaking up with her on national TV by saying that it was all for her own good.

I mean, when all is said and done, Becca absolutely dodged a bullet and I'm sure she realizes it now! I bet she's thanking her lucky stars.

I'm sure some of the show is scripted, but not all of it. You can't convince me that Arie stayed with Becca for 6-8 weeks after the proposal, pretending to be happy and in love with her, having sex with her, just because "production" told him he had to. That's ridiculous.

The kicker for me, is two months later, he actually agrees to break up with Becca, on camera... and pretty much states to Becca that he has been thinking about Lauren the whole time he has been sleeping with her.

Sorry, but that whole episode, the way it was filmed and promoted, was nothing less than people showing up to the ancient Colliseums to see human beings being killed and eaten by wild animals. The darkest and most base and morbid corner of human nature.

The kicker for me, is two months later, he actually agrees to break up with Becca, on camera... and pretty much states to Becca that he has been thinking about Lauren the whole time he has been sleeping with her.

Sorry, but that whole episode, the way it was filmed and promoted, was nothing less than people showing up to the ancient Colliseums to see human beings being killed and eaten by wild animals. The darkest and most base and morbid corner of human nature.
27f.jpg

You do have to understand that Arie is a serial cheater....has been for years. None of what happened between Becca/Arie/Lauren is anything other than Arie repeating his long engrained habits. It's not "scripted" unless picking this turkey as the Bachelor was part of the "script." Arie performed EXACTLY as he has with multiple women over a period of years. Exactly. He's been a cad forever, and (shock!) he still is. The over/under on Lauren must be less than 6 months.

Anyone listen to the Reality Steve podcast? He had Courtney Robertson as a guest. I wasn't familiar with her, but she's apparently renting a house that Arie owns, and was a former Bachelor contestant several years ago. Her and Arie never dated, though she says they were headed in that direction before he went on the show. Anyway, she said on the podcast that Arie told her he knew as he was walking Lauren to the car in Peru that he had made a mistake sending her home. So he apparently had a change of heart when he still could have done something about it. Makes him even more of a scumbag, if that's possible.

I'm sure some of the show is scripted, but not all of it. You can't convince me that Arie stayed with Becca for 6-8 weeks after the proposal, pretending to be happy and in love with her, having sex with her, just because "production" told him he had to. That's ridiculous.

You do know they weren't living together? I think I heard Arie say he went to see her on one of the TWO arranged visitations that the producers had planned for them in a secret location. All the rest was Facetiming or talking on the phone, emails, texts.

And yes, I do believe they basically did what producers told them to do as that is what ALL the contestants did for the 2 months filming the show. They all move to a certain location. The contestants all live together. Some pretend to be BFFs and are ridiculously happy for one another, especially the one that gets chosen. And on the Fantasy Suites, overnite dates, they sleep with the Bachelor(ette) as planned. Or at least, spend the night. They signed contracts stating they will willingly to do what they are told to do. I'm sure the legalese has gotten very specific over the years. Vague to the contestants at the start and they eagerly sign it, but extremely binding when it's brought up to them during the show.

I think the producers looked long & hard to find a Bachelor who'd go along with the plan to propose to one girl, dump her and end up (temporarily) with the second one. They went back through 5 years of previous contestants to find one so lacking in conscience & character. The statistics are that the overwhelming majority of these relationships don't work out long term anyway. So what's a second broken heart when he dumps Lauren TOO later? Everyone from the broken up relationships have survived. And if the Bachelor already knows before the end that neither girl is right for him, (like someone who cheats & can't commit, and is dumb as a box of rocks,) they they can joyfully proceed as planned. :cheer2:

Last edited:
Don't be upset with him. He is just following the script and saying what the producers want him to say.

Yes, you can tell that it's scripted as he pauses for a second to remember his lines. On GMA, he even sighed before giving the recitation. Then his voice gets flat & monotone ans he recites what he's memorized. I've seen him twice in interviews reciting the same thing. It is also the longest we ever hear him talk. :lmao:

As for Becca, on both ATFR and in an interview she gave a GMA interviewer after the show, when both Chris, and later the interviewer, asked her how she felt about Arie breaking up with her on camera and filming the whole thing, she NEVER said she was OKAY with it, that she's fine with it. She does say to Chris, "I know what I signed up for when I joined the show. That there will be times I will be [paraphrasing] embarrassed, humiliated, uncomfortable. That certain parts of this experience will be filmed."

She says to the GMA interviewer when he asked, "I don't blame Arie. I understand why Arie had to do it that way." The unspoken part being: We are under contract to do what the producers want. They want a FULL break up on camera, we have to do a break up on camera. I understand why Arie had to do it that way.

Did everyone notice, when they were breaking up, that she left the room and ONLY went as far as the hallway to cry. It was a big house. You could see the other rooms in the background. BUT SHE NEVER GOES FARTHER THAN THE HALLWAY. And cries with her face facing the wall. She had probably been told before Arie showed up to not leave the room.

She kept telling ARIE to leave because SHE couldn't.

Last edited:
I did not watch the last show where all 3 were on , but read on here that Tia said she and Lauren were together on NYE and Arie contacted Lauren? First off...most of the girls mentioned that Lauren kept to herself so I had no idea she became that close of friends with Tia, let alone on NYE..when a call/text whatever from Arie is coming...How Convenient . I am suspicous of it for some reason. I just cannot get past EITHER of them conniving behind Becca's back. Has Lauren EVER wished Becca well or apologized for any hurt she may have had part in? :rolleyes: Heard the happy couple is heading out of the country~good riddance. My condolences to Scottsdale for getting them back eventually. Then there's Becca..I think she drank a little too much of the kool aid as well agreeing to be the Bachelorette so quickly. We all know it couldn't have been Lauren unless they were after the Silent Movie version of The Bachelorette

Last edited:
I just watched the last couple episodes. First, I can't believe BECCA tolerated having the breakup filmed. Why didn't she say "Get these cameras the [beep] outta here!" They continued to film her even after Arie left the house while she supposedly cried. Then to allow herself to be the next Bachelorette just a couple months after her break-up? If she were sincerely hurt, how could she so soon? My initial reaction is that it was all about show business for her, not true love.

I think the producers looked long & hard to find a Bachelor who'd go along with the plan to propose to one girl, dump her and end up (temporarily) with the second one.

Respectfully, I don't buy this either. I DO think when Peter fell through, they combed through their list of potential Bachelors and landed on Arie knowing that he was ready, willing, and able and had a playboy reputation. Knowing he'd be wishy washy would make for a good, potentially dramatic season. Especially after so many were disappointed that Peter wouldn't be the Bachelor. I don't think they had the whole thing set up from the get go though, down to dumping the first girl on TV. I think it played out that way and the producers loved every minute of it, and took advantage of what they were seeing unfold as Arie began to change his mind.

Like PP said, I don't think even Arie would have agreed to stay in this relationship with Becca for 2+ months after the show was over to pretend the whole time. If this was a set up, why not dump her a week or two after the show was over? Why wait over two months? I think the producers just parlayed everything that transpired into a whole event, but I don't think it was contrived to the detail.

I did not watch the last show where all 3 were on , but read on here that Tia said she and Lauren were together on NYE and Arie contacted Lauren? First off...most of the girls mentioned that Lauren kept to herself so I had no idea she became that close of friends with Tia, let alone on NYE..when a call/text whatever from Arie is coming...How Convenient .

I read online somewhere that Tia and Lauren were at Jojo & Jordan's house in Dallas when the call from Arie came though. I can't remember the details, but I think they were staying there while Jojo & Jordan were out of town. I thought I remember hearing or reading that Arie reached out on Instagram first and then later called Lauren, so I assume he could have just been asking for her phone number and called at his convenience but to call on NYE when she was presumably around other people is odd. So I agree the whole timing was weird.

Maybe it was a drunk dial on NYE?

What I want to know is how all these former bachelors & bachelorettes can afford to fly around the country all the time to meet up. Most of them barely even seem to have real jobs so how are they constantly meeting up with friends from the show or in long distance relationships when it seems like they would barely have any money to survive. And how do they constantly afford to take off work. I know Tia is in a long distance relationship with Adam after BIP and Dean and Lesley are as well from Bachelor Winter Games. They said they were headed for a week in Aspen after the finale aired. Don’t they have jobs they have to get back to? I know some of them make “appearance money” for going to clubs and such but that can’t be much money.

ETA: I meant Raven, not Tia.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter