The Amazing Race - Season 34

If the couple who was having trouble with the "R" would have noticed that, he wouldn't have had to spend so much time practicing rolling the "r".
Oh that is a good point!
I like when they had to worry about getting good flight times, leaving based on the time you finished, bring back when you could hold a team up for a time.
I read maybe a week or so ago that Phil mentioned Amazing Race would get back to normal soon-ish. It is hard with these things filmed in advance (I read next season has started filming). Guess we'll have to continue to hope things progress as time goes on. I doubt we can ever get back to what it once was just because travel is such a huge part of it and I think while testing may not be robust over time a covid test will still probably be a main thing on the list for the producers to keep in mind and that could knock teams out. On that end I get it because if someone is positive but doesn't have symptoms (or they are so mild they don't realize it) it could spread quickly with the close proximity to the other racers that it could take out multiple teams and then there goes your season. IDK it's a guessing game I suppose just how long covid sticks in the forefront of decisions they make for the show.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...promises-travel-will-return-normal-soon.html/

Dang, the COVID team was one of my top 3 picks.

I feel like this season is once again boring. I know it's because of the COVID precautions, it just makes for a boring show. I like when they had to worry about getting good flight times, leaving based on the time you finished, bring back when you could hold a team up for a time.

I don't think most of the teams doing the alphabet challenge read the clue correctly. The brothers reread the clue and that's when they realized they could split it up. If the couple who was having trouble with the "R" would have noticed that, he wouldn't have had to spend so much time practicing rolling the "r".
This^ It made things much more interesting and challenging.

I think they shouldn't be able to ask to use people's cellphones. Play it old school like we did back in the day! I had a book of maps to get me around Boston. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:You'd have to pull over when things looked wrong. There was no recalculating done magically. :p

I kept thinking it would be easier to hammer downwards instead of sideways/crouching down. Not sure if I'm explaining that correctly :rotfl:
No you're explaining it perfectly! I think the same. You're going to get more askew coming from an angle anyways and likely exert more effort than straight up and down.
It must have been so hot dancing in the sun with two sets of clothes on. Yikes
I didn't think about the temperature until one of the teams was wheeling the cart and said it was so hot out. I agree whew that would have been steamy out there dancing in the sun.
I loved how supportive Lumumba was.
I do as well, it's very sweet

I think they shouldn't be able to ask to use people's cellphones. Play it old school like we did back in the day! I had a book of maps to get me around Boston. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:You'd have to pull over when things looked wrong. There was no recalculating done magically. :p
I don't mind them getting some help from locals but in the past it was much more of a challenge usually due to language barrier or just what help they could ask for. I feel like in the past the cell phone usage was more limited (as in the rules or at least I remember it being that way I could be wrong).

Nowadays the challenge of getting your bearings in a new place isn't there as much because they rely too heavily on locals with cell phones like I was a bit annoyed to hear them just bark out "can I see your cell phone" on that side it sorta defeats the feeling of the base part of the show getting yourself in an unfamiliar place and working through it. I think there are a decent amount of fans that would like to see the reliance on locals with cell phones restricted

I don't think the show runners like the fighting for the best flight aspect. They prefer the teams to be closer together. There were times in the early seasons that teams were like a day behind due to flight issues

I don't think the show runners like the fighting for the best flight aspect. They prefer the teams to be closer together. There were times in the early seasons that teams were like a day behind due to flight issues
Yeah not sure we would want that but as time progressed they usually had flight options pre-selected which they did get pretty good at spacing them so they weren't sooo far apart but also enough where one could have an obvious edge on timing. With pre-selected you could still see how some teams outwitted or sometimes just pure luck wiggled their way into the earlier option although we also saw how that played out and sometimes the first flight out had delays but that added to the whole challenge front.

It may be a bit before chartered flights stop but I don't think Phil would say it unless he was allowed to say it so whether that happens we'll see but they haven't said "we will only use chartered flights from now on regardless of covid protocols existing or not". On that other hand we know how tv stuff can go lol.

A friend was just vacationing in Puerto Vallarta and saw them filming there.

I agree about the flights, we always called them "the great equalizer". It was also fun to see how later flights would end up arriving sooner due to delays from earlier flights. I am enjoying this season more than the last reduced season they had.

Yeah not sure we would want that but as time progressed they usually had flight options pre-selected which they did get pretty good at spacing them so they weren't sooo far apart but also enough where one could have an obvious edge on timing. With pre-selected you could still see how some teams outwitted or sometimes just pure luck wiggled their way into the earlier option although we also saw how that played out and sometimes the first flight out had delays but that added to the whole challenge front.

It may be a bit before chartered flights stop but I don't think Phil would say it unless he was allowed to say it so whether that happens we'll see but they haven't said "we will only use chartered flights from now on regardless of covid protocols existing or not". On that other hand we know how tv stuff can go lol.

Part of the problem is that flight schedules are still not what they used to be. The options of having multiple flights to the same location is limited.

Part of the problem is that flight schedules are still not what they used to be. The options of having multiple flights to the same location is limited.
Agreed and it doesn't appear they plan on doing it for this next season since they are filming it already. But from what I understand there's an intention there. If they were not planning on going back and just only doing chartered flights I would think they would have said that rather than saying the opposite. The question is at what point will that be brought back to the table for real discussion and it's anyone's guess when that will be. I'm still waiting for the auto industry to tamper back down for us to get a new car lol soo it could be a while.

Crazy that Will was positive for COVID but Abby wasn't. He has no idea where he got it but probably in Italy.

BTW...top two teams tonight are my favorites.

Was I the only one thinking should they be scaling down that veryyyyy old structure?

I was glad when the fireman was beat out by the brothers. I don't like a cocky attitude, as we all know anything can happen on AR.

Why do they all have so much trouble following a map?

I was sorry to see the newlyweds go. I liked them.

Loving this season. Glad they don't have to deal w taxis/cabs, booking flights.
Was SO very sad to see that team get eliminated this week. Loved their chemistry and enthusiasm. Was rooting for them, and the twin sisters. Hope the sisters keep up their momentum. Will be pulling for them.

So sorry to see them go. They seem like really nice people.
The thing I like about the Race is that generally no one stands out as truly terrible. Annoying, sure. But no true villains.

Sad to see the team get eliminated, but they were easily the weakest team left so it wasn't surprising.

With the remaining teams, I think it's a real toss-up now and it will probably come down to which team can play to their strengths and minimize mistakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter