The Amazing Race - Season 34

I love this show, but I am so tired of certain couples calling each other “baby.” We seriously ought to make it a drinking game every time it’s said, but I would be passed out within 15 minutes. At least one of the “baby” couples are gone. Although serious props to David for doing those challenges.

Oh man, I felt sorry proud of David for doing both challenges even though he can’t swim. He’s amazing.
I found it fascinating they will accept you on the show if you can't swim (which is just stupid on the contestant's part) but apparently if you wear glasses you need to be prepared with contacts

I love this show, but I am so tired of certain couples calling each other “baby.” We seriously ought to make it a drinking game every time it’s said, but I would be passed out within 15 minutes. At least one of the “baby” couples are gone. Although serious props to David for doing those challenges.
I admit I'd probably be saying honey a lot. It's what I use a lot in day to day life to my husband, would be very difficult to stop that, sorry for that! Now if I'm aggravated I'll use my husband's actual name and he would do the same to me lol. If we're just casual he'll say short one (as I'm 5 3), I'd say tall one (as he's 6 5). I could totally see us saying those things in terms of encouragement like "you got this short one"...that might get annoying too for the audience :laughing:

I agree on the swimming part because truthfully you can't count on just picking the other teammate who would be able to swim and I'm confident that at least on the solo portion they wouldn't have picked him to do that. But I've seen contestants on Survivor not really know how to swim well at all and in the recent years there's been less challenges in the water so that may not have as big of an impact as in the past.

Basic skills IMO like map reading, stick shift (because internationally you're much more likely to encounter that), basic swimming and an ability to overcome well enough fear of heights to a point are probably things all teams should have. I wonder if they would have still ended up last if they had taken the penalty from the get go after realizing both would have to swim? I know sometimes the penalty isn't always a "go home" given. Come to think of it penalties used to be more common in the past.

I wonder why they had so many problems with that Land Rover. It looked like it had multiple shifting levers or something odd like that. FTR, I've owned 3 cars with manual transmissions.

I agree on the swimming part because truthfully you can't count on just picking the other teammate who would be able to swim and I'm confident that at least on the solo portion they wouldn't have picked him to do that. But I've seen contestants on Survivor not really know how to swim well at all and in the recent years there's been less challenges in the water so that may not have as big of an impact as in the past.

Basic skills IMO like map reading, stick shift (because internationally you're much more likely to encounter that), basic swimming and an ability to overcome well enough fear of heights to a point are probably things all teams should have. I wonder if they would have still ended up last if they had taken the penalty from the get go after realizing both would have to swim? I know sometimes the penalty isn't always a "go home" given. Come to think of it penalties used to be more common in the past.
2 hours was a relatively minor penalty, but I think the twins would have beat them anyway in this case

I found it fascinating they will accept you on the show if you can't swim (which is just stupid on the contestant's part) but apparently if you wear glasses you need to be prepared with contacts
In fairness, Derek had done Big Brother and The Challenge USA prior to this, so you'd figure that he's prepared for things that require him to take off his glasses.

I feel the same way with all of the lovey dovey names just cheer them on with no name say for instance you are doing a great job or say great job Dave or whatever the name is. So glad the twins made it. Am rooting for them and Derek/Claire so of course the annoying couple will win.

That's great who won! Although I was rooting for the twins the whole time. They did make that error in navigation but with the injury that would have put them behind anyhow with how much walking and knee movement that whole keyboard task was (that looked really hard too to do).

For the first time in a number of seasons, I would have been happy with any of the final 3 teams winning. I really enjoy seeing teams that are positive with each other and really support each other.
In terms of the teams this really was one of the best seasons. Yeah there was too much reliance on other people for navigation with the cell phones but the teams were not too alliance-happy where they hindered the game too much which has happened in past seasons. The teams largely didn't annoy me like there usually is every season with a team here and there. I enjoyed watching the season :)

I was OK with the winners but I was rooting for the twins.

My favorite winners of all time were the Holderness couple last season. They were so supportive of each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter