The Adventure of the Flatties has Begun!!!

I am not sure the charge for the cell service on board, but you can sign up FREE for mobile Facebook, so Pete can send text to Facebook, pics and such, so that is how he is updating I am sure. From home you can do mobile FB at no extra charge, just text charges apply.

I am gonna start a Pete FB update thread for you all that dont have it!

Ok, it's embarrasing, but I'm going to admit to being a total Facebook dummy.
Is there any way I can see Pete's Facebook page? Do I have to sign up? Do I have to request to be his friend or whatever that is you do? I wanna see the crew's Facebook pages!

If you join the DisUnplugged fan group, most of the board are on that, including Pete and Corey, they will probably not reply till after the cruise though!

I am not sure the charge for the cell service on board, but you can sign up FREE for mobile Facebook, so Pete can send text to Facebook, pics and such, so that is how he is updating I am sure. From home you can do mobile FB at no extra charge, just text charges apply.

I am gonna start a Pete FB update thread for you all that dont have it!

He still has to pay for the cell service (roaming charges) to send those text messages and it's not cheap.

Doesn't surprise me that we are seeing Pete on FB checking in since most of the Dreams team is on the cruise, someone has to check on the business :) Teresa has been posting as well.

We should begin to see posts and FB messages about 6:30 - 7:00 am Thursday as that is when the ship will be back into US waters and roaming charges go away.. I was able to use my iPhone at regular charges at about 7:00 am last October..

He still has to pay for the cell service (roaming charges) to send those text messages and it's not cheap.

Doesn't surprise me that we are seeing Pete on FB checking in since most of the Dreams team is on the cruise, someone has to check on the business :) Teresa has been posting as well.

We should begin to see posts and FB messages about 6:30 - 7:00 am Thursday as that is when the ship will be back into US waters and roaming charges go away.. I was able to use my iPhone at regular charges at about 7:00 am last October..

Oh for sure not cheap, BUT you know Pete- he will be sending his update tauntings no matter what the price :rotfl2:

Internet onboard info:

Disney Wonder

* $0.75 USD per minute pay as you go
* $27.50 USD for 50 minute plan ($0.55 per minute)
* $40 USD for 100 minute plan ($0.40 per minute)
* $75 USD for 250 minute plan ($0.30 per minute)

Onboard Email Account
There is an additional charge of $3.95 USD to send an e-mail from your onboard ship e-mail account. There is no charge to receive an e-mail from your onboard e-mail account.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-internet.htm

I wonder if guests staying in suites get complimentary internet. That's how it is on some other cruise lines.

No cake for her, but she will be getting her nightly Milk bones soon.
Jessie is now an old lady dog that has 2 male doggy pals. What a cougar. :rotfl:

000_0041.jpg

you dog looks EXACTLY like our dog - Buffy....
soooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!

One thing that hasn't been considered in the costs (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)... they live in Florida and they have ATT. I'm sure with the number of Florida residents that have relatives in the islands (Puerto Rico,etc), ATT probably has a calling plan that extends to those areas - like the national calling plans that exist for the mainland US. (Ian and I have that on our phones.) If they can have a calling territory with no roaming for the entire US, that small area shouldn't be an issue with things like sattelites and stuff. Plus, nowadays we have wireless aircards in laptops - connect almost anywhere!

I'm sure with all the cruises they take, it would make sense for them to probably have some sort of plan like that. I know I would!

So, I have the list of who all is a flattie & who has them. Just wanted to let y'all know that not every flattie has made an appearance yet. There a lots of flattie adventures that won't be seen until the ship returns.

Hmm... perhaps she can be made to talk arggh pirate: (just kidding)

Fair enough! At least all the Facebookers know they are there! It's a nice photo, too!

Yep it is. I wish I could post it here for all, but I didn't think to ask. And I sure don't want a rant from Pete directed at me for that :rotfl2: I know we all love Pete's rants, but I'de rather not be the target :lmao:

I wonder if guests staying in suites get complimentary internet. That's how it is on some other cruise lines.

Facebook has a text option he is using since the updates are coming from mobile. It is the cost of a text. I never saw this before, so now I have to play with it LOL!!

http://www.facebook.com/mobile/

*Facebook Mobile Texts are currently available only on the listed carrier networks.

Mobile Texts
Facebook Mobile Texts lets you use Facebook by text messaging on your phone.
You can text Facebook to update your status, message your friends, or send a poke on the go. You can also choose to receive texts with messages, pokes, and wall posts from your friends right when they happen. (Standard text message rates apply.)

Update status is at john's party
Message msg john smith whats up?
Get profile info srch john smith
Get cell phone # cell john smith
Wall post wall john smith happy bday
Poke poke john smith
Add a friend add john smith
Write a note note this is a mobile note

Send text messages to:
FBOOK (32665)

oh that Pete is smart! He also can friend people via text, so everyone that requested, he did add you in this am :thumbsup2

I hope they show the flatties on the podcast that they are video taping! They could line em up on the table. :lmao:

Good morning flatties. Hopefully we can see some of our adventures tomorrow!! I just posted dolewhip meet pics!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter