The ABC's of Trip Planning, Pt 1- K is for Keeping Things Kooky- Drinks V-Z; pg. 197 + New Link

Getting ready now... hoping the application of deodorant helps. ;)

Actually since 7:00, I've been reading blog posts/forums on the differences between Outpatient Surg Nursing and Hospice Nursing. After the interview, I'll probably come home and make some sort of Venn diagram on the pros/cons/differences from what I know of the 2 positions (assuming it goes as I hope in an hour) and stew on it. I'll share that with you and let you struggle with me. I'm nice like that.
Hope it went well and the decision is clear and easy

Thanks for the confidence you have in me!

The interview went well! I basically have the same unofficial job offer as I do with the hospice position, but this one got the point of peeing in a cup. I consider it a good day; I didn't drop the pee cup in the potty, produced "enough", and am pretty confident I'll pass.

The downside is that it is only a per diem position, which may only be a shift a week. Not sure that's really enough hours. However, she did say that it could quickly turn into a part time position if their census remains high like it's been lately. No weekends or holidays, and a VERY rare night shift if a patient has to spend the night after a more major procedure. It is WAY more team oriented than the Hospice work where I'd be mostly doing my own thing driving around to different clients and making independent decisions.

UGH!! It's a really tough decision. I don't have to make it immediately as neither of them have offered my a solid contract or pay rate. When the first one does, I will call the other and ask more questions.

At any rate, thank you for praying and encouraging me on this journey.

Now, off to do responses and taking off to Portland. I hate that drive.

I think I'm 5 pages behind but wanted to pop in and say :wave2: I just skimmed through the last few pages and think your alphabetical drinking game sounds fun! Your pictures are lovely, as always!

Hey there, Kelly! It's a fun new twist and will certainly make a fun series of Dining Reports when I get back. :)

I've slowed down on my DISboarding a tad since my June trip. Summer is fantastic in Colorado, too much sunshine to be spending indoors :sunny:

I completely understand about wanting to maximize the Summertime! Oregon sucks hard for 9 months a year, and we spend A LOT of time outside when we can June-August. Enjoy every minute in the sunshine and warm weather.

Good luck with the studying! I'll try to do better at keeping up:flower3:

My book pretty much goes with me everywhere now. Each chapter takes about half and hour.

Lunch or coffee would be great sometime. I work just down the street from Costco. Not really knowing the town, I have been relying on Jimmy John's delivery way too often.

Starting next week I'll be totally free. I'll PM my number. :)

I know how time consuming studying for that test could be. I remember when my ex had to take it, I helped him study and I was pretty sure I could pass the test afterwards. So much information you have to know! I am sure that you will pass, no problem.

It's FAR more than I'd ever dreamed when I started the program 2 years ago. I had NO idea that nursing was so involved and that we actually had to understand the disease processes and medication of everything from Appendicitis to Zithromax. I just keep plugging away and hope what I've learned will be able to be regurgitated on the 20th.

Glad the excitement is building for the trip. I tried to find a "F" drink too and only came up with Frozen Margarita. Not very clever.

I will use it if I can't find ANYTHING else. But I'm pretty sure more interesting items can be found.

Atlantis%20bahamas.jpg

I could get very used to that.

I had won a trip their where I worked and took her as my guest for her graduation present! The trip was the week before ( I think...maybe 2 weeks before) her boards testing. She had to take a suitcase JUST for her books so she could study! Wouldn't you know it... the flight home, they lost some of our luggage. They lost all of mine and they lost her case with all her books in it. I told her it was gods way of telling her to chill out a bit! She didn't like that to much. She got really mad at me when I said that to her. She didn't talk to me the full 1 1/2 hours we drove home from the airport. She really didn't have anything to worry about though, the airport had the bag sitting on her front porch the next morning.

Can I come with you next time? I would love for my books to get lost!

Even though she was distracted by everything around her, she said it actually seemed to help her because she was so relaxed there when she was studying she retained a lot more info.

The moral to this story....Well, there is none. LOL just sharing the story!

I can totally understand what she's saying. My environment has to be pretty comfy or I can't concentrate at all.

The moral to the story? See Tammie's response....

Hmmm so DHS for F.... found this Party through the Parks! sight that might help. Only thing is it looks like it is from 2013...but Disney is good about never changing things quickly, so might be worth a gander.

I saw that site as well, and have been perusing it regularly for "research".

I did find:
Hollywood Brown Derby (might be able to get it at the lounge instead of in the restaurant) If you remove "The" as you should with most titles of things. This might fit the bill, or the "F"ill in this case!
The Fabulous Mariness - $10.75
Absolut Pears vodka, Patron silver tequila, lime juice, muddled strawberries and cilantro
HBD%20drink.jpg

I"m not seeing it either here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-brown-derby-lounge/menus/

or on the Allears site. But I"m sure if I asked for one, it could be produced. And it does sound yummy!

And for G...
The Tune in Lounge:
Grandma's Picnic Punch - $10.75
Grandma concocted a wonderful drink for the family picnic – Skyy Vodka, peach schnapps, creme de cassis, light lemonade, and pineapple juice.
grandma-mowie.jpg

I've never been in the Tune In Lounge, but have some friends who love the place. Cynthia, who's longer here swears by the place as a nice sit down break in that Death-Valley-hot park. Might have to step in for a spell...

Cleaned the house? You and I have very different ideas of "fun activities of Summer".

I find it REALLY hard to relax in my house if it's messy and yucky. I'm not a perfectionist (in this area), but dog hair embedded in mystery smears on the kitchen floor kinda bring me down.

You win!!!

Oh goody; I'll take it since I was a dismal failure at your contest.

Oh, I have plenty of leave. I just can't find the time to use any of it. (or not much anyway.)

Carpe diem, Dude.

That's what my mom always said.

One of my twin sisters was growing up; now I am.

Ooooh. That sounds interesting. Probably too boozy for my weak butt, but interesting.

I think it's going to be more sweet than boozy tasting. And one outta more than do it.

Well, you know. You're gonna be there a while anyway. Might as well spread the fun over ;)

Exactly!

:crazy2:

(Well, okay, I guess it has to be done sometimes)

Since I couldn't clean before I left due to the wedding, it was long overdue.

I think the moral is "Go to Atlantis and sit by the pool to study!" :rotfl2:

I might have to get another degree and build that into my plan for ending well.

Wil comment later (on iPod.)
Rock that interview today!!

I did my best. :)

I hope you rock that interview!

I think I did well! Peeing in a cup is a good sign.

Good Luck with the interview, I know you're going to kill it :hug:

.......just don't carry that trait with you to the actual job you end up selecting! :scared:

That would be bad form. So I will try very hard not to.

Ladies and Gentlemen

Hey! What about me???

The Good News: I spent 5 hours today on practice tests today. My brain is tuckered out.

Brain tuckered out = good news. Check.

The Better News: I got scores on them MUCH higher than I anticipated; about 10% points higher than my study group girls have been getting (not to brag, just for perspective. With the online Kaplan program we're using, if you get a 60% or higher on their test materials, you have a pretty good chance of passing the NCLEX. Today, on a 3.5 hour, 180 question exam, I scored 72.8%.)

Excellent!

The Best News: I have decided to take the night off and get down to some serious business in my Trip Planning.

::yes:: Definitely the best news.

(Ponzi, I've already anticipated your comment here, and yes, even you can still play)

Yippee!!!

I'm going to PIN it to the front page of this TR

I see what you did there.

It's my party, I can morph if I want to.

I like that! They should write a song about that.

Awww... so cute.

The cute factor is pretty high here.

That's what I said!

Except I also grew a double chin just for the occasion. I blame my stylist for shoving my head down just as I shot this. Yeah, that's it. My head is down. WAYYY down.

Of course that's what it is.

And please, pay no attention to the crow's feet behind the foil.

Wow. I thought it was hair.

Huh.

Do you think they'll hire me tomorrow??

Yes.

Now I've got that song stuck in my head.

You are my sunshine.
My only sunshine...

I love my touch of sassy red

::yes:: Know what's sexier than a woman with red hair?

Nothing.

The interview went well!

Yay!

but this one got the point of peeing in a cup.

Ohh. A challenge!

I consider it a good day; I didn't drop the pee cup in the potty, produced "enough", and am pretty confident I'll pass.

:thumbsup2

The downside is that it is only a per diem position, which may only be a shift a week.

That's it? Wow. Surprised they're even hiring for that.

No weekends or holidays, and a VERY rare night shift if a patient has to spend the night after a more major procedure.

Now that's a big perk.
Trust me.

It is WAY more team oriented than the Hospice work where I'd be mostly doing my own thing driving around to different clients and making independent decisions.

Is that good or bad? Depends on your personality. I prefer working alone.

UGH!! It's a really tough decision. I don't have to make it immediately as neither of them have offered my a solid contract or pay rate. When the first one does, I will call the other and ask more questions.

Good plan.

taking off to Portland. I hate that drive.

I wouldn't know.
Never been to Portland.

I find it REALLY hard to relax in my house if it's messy and yucky.

You sound like Ruby.

I'm not a perfectionist (in this area), but dog hair embedded in mystery smears on the kitchen floor kinda bring me down.

Again... you sound like Ruby.

Oh goody; I'll take it since I was a dismal failure at your contest.

:goodvibes

Carpe diem, Dude.

How much carp can you get for a dime?

I had one once upon a time. Sigh. The good ol' days... Which keep getting better. New friends; new adventures!

In fact, JUST bought this:

image.jpeg

Thinking of wearing it on my AK days.

Love the fresh new Do! Nice color! Good luck with the interview!

Thanks! I do think it went well, and basically got the same sort of non-offer, but mostly an offer, as the other place.

Just waiting for my final shift at Rivershore to end !! I am sad to leave and yet happy to have less commitments and 2 full days off !!

I know this must be rather bittersweet, Rosie! But it's probably for the best. I know that you have family who would love to see more of you, and you them, and that you seemed pretty overwhelmed and tired. On the plus side for us, we may get to see you more!

Hey! What about me???

Oh, fine, you too, Smart Donkey.

Brain tuckered out = good news. Check.

Yes, it's a good type of tired.

::yes:: Definitely the best news.

I thought so!

I like that! They should write a song about that.

I know! I"m so original!

Awww... so cute.

Awww, thanks. LOL! I try to put my best foot forward and aim to please.

Of course that's what it is.

Very good (and wise) answer.

Now I've got that song stuck in my head.

You are my sunshine.
My only sunshine...

This song is so perfect for harmonizing.

::yes:: Know what's sexier than a woman with red hair?

Me with blonde? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

That's it? Wow. Surprised they're even hiring for that.

Most medical places do, so they can cover call in's and vacay.

Now that's a big perk.
Trust me.

Oh, how I know this. I really do.

Is that good or bad? Depends on your personality. I prefer working alone.

Generally, I do too, Mr. Incredible (that's a rich reference. If you haven't seen it, do.) But being a new grad and still having a lack of much experience, I really think it'll be safer and a better environment for me to have other experienced people around as I get my sea legs on.

I wouldn't know.
Never been to Portland.

OH man. I never should have left the house. Took me 1.5 hours to go 20 miles. 2 hours total to go 46 miles. RIDICULOUS! Made it worse that I had to pee at about mile 4.

Again... you sound like Ruby.

I think she and I might get along.

How much carp can you get for a dime?

I can give you a whole goat pen full of it for free. All you have to do is come pick it up.

Is that Greek?
αγκαλιάσει περιπέτεια?

:rolleyes1

Peripetsia. Hmmm... is this an on purpose word?

Oh, fine, you too, Smart Donkey.

Yay!!!

I know! I"m so original!

Oh my yes. That you definitely are. In all the right ways.

Awww, thanks. LOL! I try to put my best foot forward and aim to please.

And you do!

This song is so perfect for harmonizing.

Okay, we'll sing a duet if we ever meet.

Me with blonde? :lmao::lmao::lmao:

;)

Most medical places do, so they can cover call in's and vacay.

Ah.

Generally, I do too, Mr. Incredible (that's a rich reference. If you haven't seen it, do.)

I've seen it... but it's been a looong time.

But being a new grad and still having a lack of much experience, I really think it'll be safer and a better environment for me to have other experienced people around as I get my sea legs on.

Good point.
Did I ever tell you what happened on the first minute of my first solo shift?

OH man. I never should have left the house. Took me 1.5 hours to go 20 miles. 2 hours total to go 46 miles. RIDICULOUS!

Holy crap! What the heck was going on???

Made it worse that I had to pee at about mile 4.

:rotfl:

I think she and I might get along.

Oh poop. Can't you guys fight over me instead?

I can give you a whole goat pen full of it for free. All you have to do is come pick it up.

I said carp! Carp!

Peripetsia. Hmmm... is this an on purpose word?

Perhaps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter