The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

Seriously, I can’t even count how many times I’ve gotten to the checkout and then remember my purse is sitting on the kitchen table.
Or your camera
Or undies
Or phone

I see a trend here.

I have a collection of about 4,000 pens in my car already because even after 6 years of leaving work I still can’t seem to remember the most basic thing of not taking the pen home.
Hahaha. Reminds me of when I got my security clearance. They asked me if I ever stole anything from the govt. I said, I have a bunch of pens I forgot to take out of my pocket, but not deliberately.

Twinning.

So, really no need for a purse these days.
Me either.

For all the dads out there, Happy Father's Day! Despite what the world is telling you, you are IMPORTANT and needed. Keep on doing the hard work on being dads
Thanks. I keep trying to get out of the whole dad gig, but my kids won't let me. Pesky creatures.
;)

YES!!! She, IMHO, made the terrible mistake of not really thinking on her dad's sound advice and changed who she fundamentally was for someone. Even if it was true love, doesn't true love demand that someone be loved for who they are? Sometimes who are does change just by being with that person as their qualities can motivate us to change, but that's a process not the way she does it. This is getting very philosophical isn't it!! LOL!!!
Wow. This would be funny if I didn't have this issue with my 3 daughters. I kept trying to get my daughters to explain why they felt incomplete unless they were going with somebody constantly. It's like if they didn't have a boyfriend, something was wrong with them.
<sigh>
Waxing philosophical, most definitely.

She made mistake like almost all 16 years do. And 30 year olds. And 50 year olds. Hers was life-changing as some of my choices have been. Some are bigger than others. I wish she'd listened to her dad- and what she did must have broken his heart terribly. AS for the music? I'm one of those people who sings the entire ride. LOL!
And again.
Just be aware, this is not isolated to females.

I’m anxious to wrap this TR up so I can get the Flower and Garden one started.
Oh great...so I'll be behind on two. :sad:

Step into a world of glam with me
Wait! Isn't that the crab from Moana?

As with the rest of this trip, it had its ups and downs
I see what you did there.
Just not sure whether to laugh or groan.

and drive like you hope there’s a cop up ahead.
Not all of us want a cop ahead when we're driving, #thankyaverymuch

This was the DHS I remember and loved so much
Ah yes. Loved the stunt show driving also. So much has changed, but I think they had to...really was kinda boring in spots. Unlike MK...I really wish they'd left a lot of the originals alone...part of what made it special.

We took in the Frozen Sing-a-long as well, and sadly, the Historian that I liked best is no longer there.
Love the sing a long...especially fun with 10-30 other dads.

with Walt’s attraction- One Man’s Dream.
Love this.

The Tune-in is still closed, as is the Indiana Jones show. Other than Prime Time, the whole area is deadsville. Sad.
::yes:: :sad:

Last edited:

Nope. I'm a pretty conservative driver and when someone ricky-races by me being unsafe, I SUPER hope there's a cop up ahead ready to nail them.
And yet you didn't yell at me any of the times I gave you a ride. Thank you so much. New found respect and love for you.

When it's extra long, you want to make sure that shaft is operating well.
Whoa pardner! This here's a family board. :rotfl2:

After a phenomenal catch of Boarding Group 4 by Mikki McQuickdraw
Very nice. Despite being very good with technology, the carp they call MDE has never been kind to me.
Does Mik have her own sandwich at the golden arches?

Speedway (where we giggled like a couple of 8-year-old boys)
One of my favs and one of the few originals left. I still giggle like the 7 year old boy I was when I first rode it.

COP was already closed
Too bad...nap missed.
I joke...I really like COP and have actually used it to nap only once.

All I can say is that when we made our way from MK to the Poly on a bus, we knew we were woefully under-dressed and were having some very unmagical moments. We waited for 15 minutes shivering our ninnies off waiting for a bus
Why not the monorail? Was it closed? Honestly wondering since they don't turn down the AC as cold as the busses.

Afraid to ask what ninnies are to you and for what I've known them to be, really sad if they froze off. :lmao:

He did and then proceeded to say on the way there the evil words… “The Lyft drop off is a long way away from Wine Bar George.” Yay. I couldn’t wait to walk 9 miles in a light coat through DTD at 41°!
Deja Vu.

When it's cold, I really hate Deja and well, Vu is just nasty all the time.

Maybe not for the slower, but most likely more polite, folks who were aced out. Sorry ‘bout that guys… I was cold and hangry.
To quote(well okay literary license) from my favorite movie...

They've forgotten the first rule in a land war at Disney

Don't get in Steppe's way if cold or food or bathroom is on the line.

Our drinks arrived and I am sure that I got the Coconut Mojito- Rumhaven coconut rum, simple syrup, mint, soda for $13 and if I know Mik at all, she probably got The Bradford- Four Roses small batch whiskey, Blenheim spicy red top gingerale $14.
I was going to say both your drinks looked the same, but then saw you caught that.

She nibbled on this and that and dispatched the white chocolate that neither Mik or I wanted. Because yuck. Even with wine.
Never met her, but I like MEK. White chocolate is yummy! Especially when combined with regular chocolate in Kindereggs.

Last edited:
I saw a debate on FB about dress codes recently and unapologetically I am in the camp that if an establishment or hosts request a certain look or "code" it's common courtesy to them and your fellow guests to abide by it.
I am a big believer in dressing for the occasion as well. I drilled that into my three as well and remember servers coming up to us at Yachtsman, Citricos, Narcoosees etc and saying how nice it was to see a family dressed for dinner. Even at an in park restaurant, such as HBD or Tiffins, I make an effort with my park outfit for the day so I feel respectful of the atmosphere I am in
I'm in the other camp. I want to be comfortable and enjoy myself. Although I love penguins, don't enjoy being dressed up like one at all. I don't consider myself underdressed, I consider everyone else overdressed. ;) Same as work attire....I work better if I'm comfortable and functional....a suit is not. I think much of it for me is I'm allergic to wool and it's really hard to find a nice suit that isn't wool and so I just don't care for them in general. Again, comfort over looks.

There will never be another time like 2020 to have visited Disney World. Sure, there were huge changes, loads missing, and it was an altogether different experience, but we will likely never see such low crowds again.
Blessing for you, curse for me. I couldn't go in 2020 because of how they screwed over FL AP holders...if one wasn't staying at a resort, good luck on get the abonomal park ressie.

I won't waste words with superfluous verbiage
It's about time....err...
But we love reading
:duck:

but rather simply share my love for the Moroccan Pavilion with the photos I was able to take
This I already knew. I'm sure there are portions of it I still haven't seen.

Maybe in your replies you could tell us what YOUR favorite pavilion is or wish you could have an hour to browse around in with NO people around
Tough one.
I could spend (and have spent) a lot of time in Germany simply because of the trains and oom pah band. With that said, I can only think of two that have a lot to explore that isn't simply a shop or restaurant...Japan and Morocco. So Japan, but just slightly so.

I think the N American pavilions are the least appealing for just browsing.

Last edited:

Sure, Mik’s Whiskey Flight was probably the best Booze value on property
Nope. Best value on property is when one manages to sneak a flask through security. Although, I would never do that.

it’s no secret I’m obsessed with Disney bathroom
Really???
Who woulda thunk it?

Never heard of him. :confused3
He does 185. He lost his license, so now he doesn't drive.

I wasn't thrilled. If they'd served stuff outside... that'd have made the wait better.
Unless it was cold like before.

OH MY GOSH! Did you READ that article?!
Did not...still catching up and I think I'm almost done, but already 12 pages behind on new one

It's actually right at the queue entrance to POTC. From most angles, it just looks like a rock with no form. I have no idea how I saw it this time?? But how cool is THAT?!
I've never noticed that either. Good catch and very cool.

I think all "kids" go through a K-Pop, Boy Band stage... I"m glad mine outgrew it. It was a very expensive obsession.
Nope, for me it was classic rock (and some pop)and girls like Olivia Newton John, Linda Rhonstadt, Pat Benatar, Debbie Harry.

We saw and did so many things together and it really served to refresh and re-charge me after a hell-ish year of working many, many hours.
Fantastic! Good for you.

It was a great opportunity to re-connect in a deeper way with my daughter and experience our adult-to-adult relationship
This is priceless.

It was soooo cold, which really took a lot of the joy out of it. No pool time, shivering in lines and at park openings, and bulky coats and other winter gear to deal with.
In KJV...the cold sucketh.

There were a lot of places we wanted to dine at, but ADRs were super hard to get, and DTD was where we had to focus
For me, this was a positive...allowed me to see y'all.

Things I’m going to miss and am a bit salty about:

• Jungle Cruise
  • Splash
  • The Original Moroccan Pavilion
::yes::
::yes::
And
Sorta. Regretting never taking as much time there now.

I'm at a point in my life that I AM living my best life. Slowly healing from a divorce, on top of my game with my career, able to handle a big move and change so far, life is good.
This is so good to see you type. Happy for you and well deserved, my friend.

Last edited:
It's such a mess up here. Crime is up over 500% (violent crime that is!) and 800% in murder alone. It's disgusting and even in once sleepy Salem, I no longer feel safe. With no repercussions, I don't see it changing anytime soon. Sad.
:eek:
Didn't know that.

Without getting TOO political, when our elected officials don't hold people accountable and enforce laws, anarchy is the logical outcome.
:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter