The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

At the beginning of the shutdown all elective surgeries were postponed.
Right. I remember that.
Both of my jobs shuttered for 2 months except I was able to pick up shifts in other departments which saved me.
Phew.

But see? You could keep working albeit in different areas. :)
But being per diem at one (the one I was able to continue to find work at) I was never sure if with cost-saving mode if I'd be on the chopping block. It was a very uncertain time.
Not fun at all.
Maybe I'll tinker with B&W. :)
Sepia!
Oh you just wait...
Uh oh… :scared:
Nah, I'm generally pretty even-keeled, but when I sense hypocrisy, rudeness, incompetence, or mean... I'm on it. That pirate seemed to have a special talent for being cruel with no remorse. Best to dispatch IMHO.
<says nothing. Moves away quietly.>

;)

Ok, I'm back and slowly catching up!

Funny how the entrance involves skipping and the exit looks more like a Neanderthal knuckle-dragging walk.

Every. Single. Time.

So we hiked the frozen mile to the Lobby and were socked it the face with the answer that the Lyft pickup was back where we had just come from and even beyond that. I

UUUUGGGGGHHHH.

All my charm and wit would not budge the Hostess’ answer: “We’ll text you when your table’s ready.” Fine. Be that way.

Doesn't she know who you are?

IMG_5900-L.jpg

I could have made dinner out of that, to be honest.

If anything, being in a customer service/management profession, Mikki knows how to salvage a situation with grace and poise; I’m grateful she is adult like that.

That's a very underrated skill.

I also ordered the Crispy Mac & Cheese Bites, tomato nage / pecorino- $12.00. I ate one and took the rest home and did nibble on them for “breakfast” the next couple of days. I submit to you, Dear Reader, that this is an exquisite dish, perfectly filled with cholesterol-laden cheese, grease, and thigh-enrichening carbs.

Sounds like a perfect meal to me!

Sometimes I think when one gets out of one’s element all that’s needed is some gentle coaching and the tincture of time.

And alcohol.

MEK was having a HORRIBLE week culminating in a terribly awful, no-good, very bad day.

UUUUUUGGGGGHHHH.

Maybe in your replies you could tell us what YOUR favorite pavilion is or wish you could have an hour to browse around in with NO people around...

Hmm...Morocco is a great one. I'd have to think about it. I do get drawn to Germany quite a bit.

While we waited, Kari and I, the backstory/theming geeks, googled the Easter Eggs found there that help tell the Jock Lindsay/Indiana Jones story. There are many. The site we used to do a little treasure hunt was this one:

https://allears.net/2019/02/27/grab...s-hidden-details-at-jock-lindseys-hangar-bar/

Now this is the Disney stuff I live for!

Sure, Mik’s Whiskey Flight was probably the best Booze value on property, but really? Is this how a Greyhound, or any other mixed drink should ever be served? A mix-it yourself monstrosity?!! I mean, WTH? Here’s some booze and juice served separately in glasses and some ice in a paper cup?! Okay……

Ummm...wow. I got nothing on that one.

The good news is that there is already a brand new Trip Report found HERE for you should you need a bit more misery in your life.

I'll be over there soon!

While the world WAS a big mess, it's slowly getting back to normal and things are turning around. Huzzah!

Thank goodness. I wish the parks could get back to normal with lower crowds. That would be the sweet spot. But I know, it's too much to hope for.

Glad you were able to have the getaway with your daughter. I hope it was a rewarding time for you.

So nice to have 1:1 time with your girl.

I get so little! We are both busy with work and life and when I get some I really cherish it.

I will be looking for that poster. It is perfect!

If it wasn't already packed, I'd look up the artist for you. :/

Good for you! The sun is shining your way!

I think so!

Thanks for another fun and engaging TR!

You are so very welcome! :D

Well, I am one of those sad individuals who failed to comment, BUT I did read and catch up on all the updates! It was endearing reading about a mom/daughter trip, because some of my best times with my mom have been now that I'm an adult. It's a different dynamic, and I try to remind myself of that shift whenever Evie is being...a kid. :rotfl2:
Shame on you!! LOL!! (except I have no room to talk. I failed to comment much on MOST folks' TRs this last year.)

I agree, we really had some fun times and it was fun to see that side of her. Evie will become one too someday and I know you will get the same feely-goods that I'm sure your mom got with you! :)

It was also nice hearing about your time with MEK. I miss her on the boards!
I super do too! She put up some really fun material.

Man, if that Sebastian pin isn't hitting the nail on the head.

I try to pick pins that really speak to the dynamic of each trip- this one seemed to SCREAM 2020/21.

Oregon is beautiful but I can understand why you are ready to move. :)

It's such a mess up here. Crime is up over 500% (violent crime that is!) and 800% in murder alone. It's disgusting and even in once sleepy Salem, I no longer feel safe. With no repercussions, I don't see it changing anytime soon. Sad.

We missed the nighttime entertainment more than I thought we would. I especially missed not seeing the Epcot fireworks when we stayed at the Yacht Club and the MK fireworks when staying at the GF. That is one of my favorite things about staying at a deluxe resort.

I can often take it or leave it and it often seems to be mood-driven. But like you, when I DO stay deluxe, it's something I always look forward to. Glad things seem to be back, which also means more PM hours! Woot!

Florida in the second part of January is often cold. My sister doesn't realize how lucky we were to have nice weather the 36 hours we were there the last weekend in January. It turned very cold the day after we left, which was the day you arrived, I believe.

I think you are right... our trips were pretty tightly back-to-back. Hopefully I can make up some pool time on a trip sometime soon!

Your trip with your adult daughter sounds really nice. I love spending time with my adult daughters, especially when I can get them alone without husbands and kids. :)

YES!!!! And those moments are rare. ::yes::

Ok, I'm back and slowly catching up!

Welcome home!! Super looking forward to a TR, but do me a huge favor... Bat Signal me, PLEASE!!!
Doesn't she know who you are?

!!!!!!

I could have made dinner out of that, to be honest.
That's a very underrated skill.

I would agree; and it's lost on so many.
Sounds like a perfect meal to me!

My thighs are living proof.
And alcohol.

Well, if you insist.
Hmm...Morocco is a great one. I'd have to think about it. I do get drawn to Germany quite a bit.

I confess that Karamel Kuche is a draw to many.
Now this is the Disney stuff I live for!

Right!!? I mean just so many fun Easter Eggs just there for the discovering.
Ummm...wow. I got nothing on that one.

It will remain a mystery, and an unfortunate one at that.

Thank goodness. I wish the parks could get back to normal with lower crowds. That would be the sweet spot. But I know, it's too much to hope for.

Yeah, from the lastest photos coming out of there, it's back to business as usual with wall-to-wall humans in 90-degree/100% humidity. Mmm!! Maybe masks weren't such a bad idea.
Glad you were able to have the getaway with your daughter. I hope it was a rewarding time for you.
It really was. She even asked to go back in Sept, but that's just not going to work out this time. Perhaps again in the future, as I'm pretty sure I've made a Disney-believer out of her.

Nice wrap up! I’m excited for you, making the move and changes in your nursing career. I always tell people as a nurse , I have so many choices and can work in so many different areas! I have always loved this!
I do love FArts and hope to be there January 2022. I love all your pictures and I can’t wait to try Jaleo!

Great photo!

It was a great opportunity to re-connect in a deeper way with my daughter and experience our adult-to-adult relationship.

I'm enjoying this with my daughters too.

The upgrade to a suite!

Still Jelly about this.

It was soooo cold, which really took a lot of the joy out of it. No pool time, shivering in lines and at park openings, and bulky coats and other winter gear to deal with.

Our February 2010 trip was like this. So many cute outfits that were never seen since they were covered up with coats and jackets.

There were no nighttime shows, which was also fine as by evening we were busted and done. But one would have been nice.

I've missed the nighttime shows too. So excited to see them in September.

Transportation just simply sucked. They REALLY need to get this worked out!!

SAME!

• The lack of Quick Service and my favorite snacks

We had real issues with this in October and some in May.

Things I’d do again in a hot minute:

• Jaleo
  • The Monorail Crawl- Especially the Enchanted Rose!
  • Gideons Cookies
  • FArts!
  • Take all my camera lenses cuz you just can’t get good photos without a fast lens and a zoom lens
  • Room with MEK again

Great list.

Things I’m going to miss and am a bit salty about:

• Jungle Cruise
  • Splash
  • The Original Moroccan Pavilion

Totally agree with this list.

Great wrap up. I enjoyed all your points.

All in all, this was such a fantastic trip! We saw and did so many things together and it really served to refresh and re-charge me after a hell-ish year of working many, many hours.

So glad you got a great trip after all the Bull$hi! Of 2020!

I’m glad for the most part that is mostly behind me and having made the decision to leave Oregon and all of its shenanigans, life is looking a bit rosier.

Good for you!

It was a great opportunity to re-connect in a deeper way with my daughter and experience our adult-to-adult relationship.

This is probably the best thing! ❤❤❤

It was soooo cold, which really took a lot of the joy out of it. No pool time, shivering in lines and at park openings, and bulky coats and other winter gear to deal with.

I've been there when it's like that, and rainy. Certainly puts a damper on things.

Transportation just simply sucked. They REALLY need to get this worked out!!

I really hope they work this out before we go! Although we are also staying in proximity to the parks we want to visit.

• The New EPCOT Experience in the old Odyssey Building. It's a pretty cool 12-minute show showcasing all the upcoming changes. Some I love, some I'm holding out judgement on.

We really enjoyed this last year. I'm looking forward to a lot of the new experiences.

If you care to join me on my next TR with all things Flower and Garden, and you haven't chimed in yet, or are lurking....

I marked my place. I'm headed there next to start catching up!

I don't know what the price was before on that same ticket, so is that good?

I don't know what the single park ticket price was before the shutdown but hoppers were around $180 on peak days.

There also won't be another chapter on my F&G one for a bit either. So you have time!!

Okey dokey! I have several chapters to catch up on there. I may do another update on my own report before I fully catch up. But I'm working on it!

Nice wrap up! I’m excited for you, making the move and changes in your nursing career. I always tell people as a nurse , I have so many choices and can work in so many different areas! I have always loved this!

I just hope I can find a job that I love as much as this one. Honestly, it was such a nice "princess schedule" with bosses who were so flexible with time off. But as you say, there are tons of areas to work in and so many options out there. If something isn't right, there's always another area to look at.
I do love FArts and hope to be there January 2022. I love all your pictures and I can’t wait to try Jaleo!
Nice!! And that's coming up all too soon!! I do hope you like Jaleo as much as I did!

Great photo!

Thanks! :D
I'm enjoying this with my daughters too.

Such a different dynamic with them! I love it!
Still Jelly about this.

Well this one was a great upgrade, the next one... not so much.
Our February 2010 trip was like this. So many cute outfits that were never seen since they were covered up with coats and jackets.

Exactly this ^^!!!!!
I've missed the nighttime shows too. So excited to see them in September.

Me too!! I just want the evening hours back to see the parks at night. They are so pretty then!
We had real issues with this in October and some in May.

Hopefully all of that nonsense will work itself out soon!
Great wrap up. I enjoyed all your points.
Thanks, Vanessa! I love to write my TRs and bring discussion and insight to all things WDW. Sometimes I wished I lived closer, but then again, there are also so many other places I want to travel!

So glad you got a great trip after all the Bull$hi! Of 2020!

Me too!! And not one but two!!
This is probably the best thing! ❤❤❤

Absolutely! Nice part of the letting them go. More of a change.
I've been there when it's like that, and rainy. Certainly puts a damper on things.
One CAN plan for it, but yes, takes a big bite out of the fun.
I really hope they work this out before we go! Although we are also staying in proximity to the parks we want to visit.

Oh gosh, me too! Just NOT acceptable to make guests wait up to an hour to get from Point A to Point B. Makes a park ticket SOOOOOO much less valuable. >:(
We really enjoyed this last year. I'm looking forward to a lot of the new experiences.

Me too!! I saw that the Guardians is now getting its hardscaping, so PROGRESS!!
I don't know what the single park ticket price was before the shutdown but hoppers were around $180 on peak days.

Ouch!! Still worth it, but getting up there!
I marked my place. I'm headed there next to start catching up!
Okey dokey! I have several chapters to catch up on there. I may do another update on my own report before I fully catch up. But I'm working on it!

And catch up you did!!!

G is for Getting There is Half the Fun- Pt. 2

Time to walk off a bit more booze and build up an appetite for the next (hopefully better) eats!! The path to the GF is always lovely and we enjoyed every minute. Here are some random shots along the way:

I was excited for this stop, perhaps more than any of the others mostly because it was a new place to me. We were headed for the Enchanted Rose! To be honest, I’d only read a very small handful of reviews, but what I was seeing was absolutely glowing. We checked in and were seated within minutes. My first impression was, WOW!! What a lovely, enchanting lounge. The artwork alone is worth a visit. It’s charming, warm, and quite inviting.

The server spent quite a bit of time going over the drink options with us and we ended up with a Lavendar Fog for me and an Island Rose for Mik.

Sadly, the tableside drink service was not available. Stupid Covid. Hands down the best drinks of the night. Perfectly mixed and smooth with lovely flavors and texture. We were both still hungry and we agreed on an order of the crab mac and cheese. Absolute loveliness of creamy perfection. The breadcrumbs on top added a nice crunch of buttery goodness.

About halfway through my drink I decided to take a little walk and take some photos. As I said, the decor is worth seeing all on its own. Our server noticed my enthusiasm and asked if I’d seen “the Library”. Obviously I hadn’t, but when he offered to show me the way, I was drawn in like an addict to the ER. I was rewarded with a glimpse of this gorgeous space and was let free to photograph to my heart’s delight. Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, and Lumiere were all there to say hello!

But the night was beginning to wane and if we were to make our next date, we’d need to finish up and move along. By now, in case you are wondering, we were a bit on the other side of tipsy. Giggly and goofy were more accurate. And that’s okay. It was vacation, the driving was left to others, we had time to kill, and were just super enjoying ourselves. Next stop- the Bar Riva at the Riviera! We ordered a Lyft and got our happy hineys going. We had a pre-arranged meeting with Tammie, a former DISser whom I’ve known since about 2007 or so. I’d met her when she lived in Oregon and have enjoyed her company both off and online. Sadly, Topolinos was already closed so we had our nightcap at Bar Riva instead. Not my first choice as I was still jonesing for a view, but we took what we could and enjoyed about 30 minutes with Tammie before they gave us last call. Mik and I each ordered a… drink.

At this point, I’m not sure we knew shingles from shinola. I do know that we ordered a Tiramisu and magically 2 of them showed up.

Needless to say, the tip was very generous here as well. And this is the point where I can just say… we got home. I do know it was by way of Lyft because we JUST missed the Skyliner’s closing. Which really sucked because that was the entire point of ending our evening here. Ah well, we had a welcoming fleet of friends to go home to and Disney beds to fall into. Which we did promptly and had sweet vacation-y dreams.
It was so great to see you, short as our time was, and I really did not think you were as "3 sheets" as you tell me you were! :)
I know you may not see this, but this is what I am pretty sure you had - I remember the elder flower - It seems like you didn't like it:

Il Tramonto
Tito's Handmade Vodka, Aperol, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade, Turmeric, Pomegranate and Orange

Okay, Everyone, time for a little game. I don't *think* it will be that hard for the frequent visitors, but if you can tell me where I am.... it'll be a little prelude to the next chapter.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand GO!! BUT... add spoiler please!! Let's not make it too easy!! ;)

I am waaaay waaaay behind because the dis stopped notifying me of new updates and...

Life.

Barely able to keep up with the disdads thread and don't reply often. Sad thing is since you write so well and take great pictures, I know I'm going to want to reply, but I'll have to resist the urge(as much as possible). For everyone else's benifit, wish me luck on that endeavor.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter