The 2010 EPCOT Food and Wine Festival Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used the card at last year's Fest. It was during the Swine Flu epidemic & I have a severe health condition that puts me at very high risk. We used the card as a way of diminishing the risk of flu exposure (not handling money, keeping hands cleaner to eat)

It worked ok. If I weren't immune compromised, I probably wouldn't bother tho. It seemed to take longer to process than cash, and we had to keep reloading it.

Lurkyloo nicely posted this a while back. It gives some idea of what is being planned for the Festival. Hope the link works. If not, search back a few pages in the thread.

http://www.foodwinefest.com/?page_id=126#DelDessert

Thank you!!!

I "had" to change our flights for October so now we have another afternoon for F&W. :cool1: Last year I kept saying I wish we had more time for just eating our way around the world and less scheduled events. I'm following through with that idea this year and scheduling less paid events and more free time. At least that is my intent. We'll see if that holds up when the schedule of events is finalized and I have the ability to book...

Party for the Senses is one of the things I'm up in the air about... I may still give in and book it again.

For those that are frequent WDW visitors and/or have kids - save your wristlet gift cards.

They're able to be used at all the parks and great to give children with a set spending amount. A couple years ago, we let DD take a friend. We put $50 on each of their cards and they were free to use it for snacks, food, gifts, whatever. We use ours every trip. DH and I usually load up with $100 or $200 each. Believe it or not, for us its easier than carrying cash and helps us budget. Whenever you purchase something, the receipt show you your available balance.

I like this idea. I always set the nieces and nephews up so that they can charge to the room using their room keys. They younger ones think that is very "cool" to do. The gift card wristlets are probably even "cooler" now that I think about it. The kids always keep their wristbands from water parks,etc.on for WEEKS rather than cut them off asap like I do. I guess it gives bragging rights to their friends as to where they have been. I wonder if a Disney wristlet card would carry the same clout in their minds....

Inkmahm, we added a day to graze the booths as well :). PFTS is $$$, but we always have had a great time.

There is a F&W discussion sticky at the top of this forum now. Closing this thread, and referring everyone there. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter