That's the 30th time we've heard that song.. A GRAND Xmas Adventure! Nov 13 TR 6/19!

First of all, you are NOT being overly dramatic by putting an end to this TR. Secondly, I hope you can find some peace in knowing that complete Disney strangers are thinking about you, Matt & the dogs. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. I know how valuable pictures and videos are, and I can't imagine loosing all of them. I hope they catch the person/people that did this and justice is served.

Aw Dani :( My heart just breaks reading this. I feel terrible for you guys. I know those pictures are irreplaceable and I too would be more upset about losing them than any material item. I also know how happy that Dooney made you when you got it. It's unfair that this had to happen to you two, but I'm glad you and your dogs are all safe and sound. I will miss hearing about your trip, just as I know you are going to miss writing it. But I look forward to your future reports! Stay positive :hug:

I'm so very sorry that you and Matt have to go through this. It is just terrible. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Of course it is good news that you, Matt and the dogs are ok but it still does not diminish what happened so don't feel like you are being over dramatic. Hang in there and please update if they catch the idiots responsible for this.

I'm just sick that this happened to you. Losing pictures and videos is heart breaking, and to have someone steal them, well, I can't imagine. So glad that everyone is safe, and I hope beyond hope that you can somehow recover some of your items. hugs.

I am just so so sorry to read this. Joe saw it before I did and we both feel just awful for you guys. I am SO happy that the dogs were safe, but feel terrible that you lost all of those wonderful pictures and videos.

You are not being overly dramatic. As you know from all of your readers' comments we've come to love reading about your awesome trips and look at those pics and videos probably as much as you love posting about it. I think I can safely say for everyone here that we will definitely feel a loss for not getting to read about the rest of your trip and are definitely looking forward to the day where you feel like you can write another one.

All the best.

Burglars stink. I'd like to use another word or two, but they would be inappropriate here. You guys did NOT deserve this. No. Not at all. It is really 'stinky' when bad things happen to good people.

Of course you can't finish this trip report. It's not that you don't want to, for whatever reasons. You just can't. The documentation is gone. Of course we would all love to continue to hear about the trip, because you are an awesome writer, but it must be difficult for you to try to relive the whole trip without the photo/video backup. I think I can speak for most of us here, though, that we are glad that you are willing to continue your stories for future trips.

I lost something myself very recently and am hoping somehow it will find it's way back to me. Not the same as having someone 'burglarize' it from you, but it is still gone. :sad1:

I have also had things stolen from me, and that is just the worst feeling. Not having control over it, the unknown, the sadness. It is so good that you are able to find the positives and not dwell on the negatives of it. Insurance can be a pain in the patooty, but when you have to use it, it is so good to have. Now you get some of the 'fun' (if you can call it that) of replacing (and possibly upgrading?) some of the items.

You know, when I saw your message on twitter, my first thought was "NOOOOOOO!!!!!" Sadly, selfishly, the second thought was, 'how is she going to continue the TRs that she is writing to entertain and educate me?' I also wondered for a hot second if it was someone from the boards or social media that was already aware of some of the awesome electronics you had, but I certainly hope not. It is even scarier to think that you may have been targeted somehow, and that it wasn't random.

Taking dialog/lyric from Frozen: "Hang in there, Joan."

I'll see ya around the twitterverse........ until your next TR.

Linda

Dani and Matt,

I'm so sorry to read this. I'm glad your babies were safe, but I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I have followed along on your TRs and your reports have played a big part in mine and DH's decision to go back to WDW just the two of us.

Sending you both big hug from North Carolina!

Hello Dani, I have only just started reading your trip report and I'm so so sorry to read about the break in. Your right everything can be replaced and I'm so glad that your doggies are ok! But loosing all your photos, oh gosh my heart goes out to you both. I pray for a miracle for you and somehow the computers can be tracked down and your photos returned!

I see your heading back to Disneyland in November and we will be there at the same time! Hopefully I'll bump into you!

Take care :)

Dani: so sad to hear about this. I can offer no advice you haven't heard and no comfort that isn't cliche, I can only add to the long list of people that think this is terrible thing to happen to nice people

Dani & Matt, I am so sorry for what you have been through. This happened to my best friend a few years ago and it's just devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time. :hug:

Also coming out of lurky world to say I'm sorry!! I've really enjoyed your trip reports and you have a great sense of humour! Glad your pups are safe and hope it all gets back to normal for you guys soon!

Oh Dani! I am so sorry to hear about this :( I haven't been around the boards much as of late, but decided to get on tonight and you were the first person whose reports I had to check up on- so very sorry to hear about your home, but so glad your pups are ok :grouphug: please take care and know we are all thinking of you!

I haven't commented before but I have read all of your reports and I love your videos...I'm glad your doggies are ok and that you guys are dealing as best as you can. Please know we are thinking of you both :hug:

Hi Dani,

I have been away on vacation for the past fortnight so have only just read the awful news about your burglary...I am SO very sorry that you & Matt had to go through that & for all you've lost (especially the photos & videos). It sickens me that people can do this to their fellow human beings. The only saving grace is that your dogs weren't harmed. I really don't know what else to say but I am sending big hugs & much love to you & Matt :hug:

Very best wishes,
Siân.xx

I'm so sorry to hear about this! I hope that the police have leads and are able to catch these guys. An incredible violation, and just a really horrible thing to have happen to great, positive people. I've been a lurker on the boards for a while, finally just joined, but always loved reading your reports and seeing your photos (I feel like I know you! kinda weird how that happens!). I'm glad your pups are okay and just wishing the best for you both!

Hi everyone. :wave2:

I'm SO sorry I disappeared without responding to you guys... It's weird that I last updated over a month ago now. And while I don't have time to reply to individual comments, I DID want to come back and let you all know how much it truly meant to me that you were all so supportive and left the comments that you did.

Seriously, especially during those days after our house being burglarized... your comments meant more than you probably realize. So thank you, thank you, thank you. It was so comforting knowing that so many people actually cared about us, people I haven't even met in person... I don't know, it just meant a lot. :goodvibes

I obviously don't have a huge update or anything like that since this TR IS definitely done. But I did want to let you all know that things are going better around here. While we STILL don't have a new window (ugh, don't get me started on the headache that has been) in our kitchen, we have been able to move on in other ways.

We had a home security system installed (with cameras, yay), which makes leaving home a LOT easier and gives us peace of mind.

I don't know a whole lot yet, but the police/detective on our case did recover some of the items they stole and they now have a suspect/suspects. So we'll see what happens with that, but it's kind of weird to know that they've potentially caught this person/people who did this. It was pretty shocking to hear (and them using my stolen credit card is what led to all of this), but I'm also looking forward to moving on with life.

All that being said, I did want to say that you guys will MORE than likely see (it's not 100% decided, but I'm leaning in this direction) another TR from me after our September trip to Disney World. It won't be a normal TR, though, as I have plans to write a modified type of TR. But I promise it will still be fun and FULL of photos! And you know a video will absolutely be happening, as well. :cool2:

So hang tight, you guys may not see me for a while around here for a few months (I'm taking a little break from the DIS for a bit since life has been very busy), but I WILL be back and I really hope I see you over in my new (and different) TR if all goes as planned.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, for the comments. They got me through some really tough days and truly meant the world to me.​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter