That's the 30th time we've heard that song.. A GRAND Xmas Adventure! Nov 13 TR 6/19!

I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. You and Matt are the last people on earth that deserve this. I can't imagine losing all my precious photo memories. Just want to send my best wishes for you to get through this as smoothly as possible.

Wow Dani, I'm so sorry. This is absolutely terrible. I'm really glad that you, Matt, and the doggies are ok. I'll be thinking of you and praying for the safe return of your cherished memories.

I'm so very sorry. What an awful thing to have happen. :mad:

It sounds like you two have been very smart about how you have handled the situation, getting a security system, having the serial numbers, tracking software, etc.

You are a very talented writer, and your reports are highly enjoyable to read. I look forward to reading your thoughts again Dani, when the time comes.

I'm sending you and Matt lots of positive Juju, and wishing the best for you two. :goodvibes

Dani and Matt,

I've come to feel like I know you guys through your reports and I can honestly say I was heartbroken for you guys when I saw your post on Instagram. There's no advice I can give that I'm sure you guys haven't gotten already, but I'm very glad to hear that the dogs are safe and unharmed. I can not imagine why this would have to happen to such a nice couple but I'm hopeful for you that they will be caught.

If there's anything you need, please know I am here for you.

Oh Dani (and Matt), when I first saw this on FB I just didn't even know what to say. This is just such a horrible thing to have happen and it sickens me that it happened to you.
Obviously I super happy that no one was hurt. That's the main thing always. But losing all those precious, irreplaceable mementos is gut wrenching to hear.

Your positive attitude astounds me, though it certainly doesn't surprise me. You and Matt are such amazing people. I'll never forget getting a Christmas card in the mail last December and how touched and joyed I was to receive it. Your stories always bring a smile to us all. Even though we've never "met" (which I hope to rectify if all goes as planned this September), I do feel I know you both a little bit, which makes hearing all this so difficult. You are truly loved around here, so know that you will always have the support of your Disney family. :grouphug:

Oh Dani it makes me sad reading about this. I'm glad that everyone is all right. I'm crossing my fingers that you will get your photos back even if I know you probably won't get them.

Dani and Matt... :hug: to both of you...

The first thing I thought of was your Vinylmation collection... Never giving it a thought to all the electronic devices and all your pictures and videos... :(

I'm so sorry these people did this to you... But like you said, things can be replaced, the puppies are ok and they didn't do much damage... But being violated still bites... :furious:

At least you have 2 Disney trips coming up... :love:

I'm so sorry this has happened! I hate it when bad things happen to good people! I hope they get caught.

I have NEVER thought of documenting serial numbers. So insurance companies require this to provide you with new items or reimbursement?

So sorry you lost all your photo's! We store everything on google picassa, just in case something happens, we can access them from any computer.

I'd love to be fb friends, if you pm me your name :)

So sorry this happened to you two Dani. My dog would have been my first thought as well. I don't even like leaving him outside too long. Yea, I have trust issues! I can't imagine what you are going thought but I wish y'all all the luck! And I really hope they find the creeps!

I want to say how sorry I am for what you guys have gone through :grouphug:
I know exactly what you mean about the pictures and the videos. Stuff is always replaceable but those memories... At least you guys and you puppies are ok. Like you said that's the most important thing. My thoughts go out to you guys and I hope they catch those creeps and that they get what they deserve :furious:
I love your trip reports and look forward to your next one. Maybe I'll get to meet you guys in September, looks like our dates overlap.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine. My Mac hard drive just died and I hadn't backed up adequately, and that's just ONE piece of electronics.

I'm so glad the pups were ok - that is always a huge fear of mine, something happening to my cats.

huge hugs.

I have said it before but once again, I am sooo sorry this happened to you guys! Some people in this world are awful awful people and I hate them for that. I have been robbed before too a couple times (just my car stereo twice and my suitcase was stolen) and it is really is the most awful thing to go through.

I would be devastated if I lost my pictures on my computer. I haven't backed it up in a while so this is a good reminder of why I need to put them on my external hard drive.

You are brave to talk about this ordeal so I commend you in that and I hope the police catch the people who did this! I will be praying for that every night for you.

Oh my goodness Dani! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I was just getting back on the DIS after my trip and catching up and then saw this! I hope that some of the items get returned to you but know it is probably a long shot.

Thank goodness your animals were okay! Prayers for you and Matt and that those thieves get whats coming to them!

Oh, Dani (and Matt), I am so, so sorry to hear about this. I'm so relieved to hear that the dogs are okay. Please know that your Disney family is sending you lots of love right now. :hug:

Oh Dani. I am so sorry for you and Matt. I've been through something similar, and it hurts. My brother in law stole my camera from my house and it had all my sons baby pictures from the day he was born on the memory card. I know exactly what you mean about getting back the pictures.

I still cry about it, but my husband said something to me that I think about and it makes me feel a little better so I'll share it with you.

"You know, it's heartbreaking that the pictures are gone. But you lived through it, so you have the memories. You have something no one can steal from you. And most importantly, you have a beautiful life and many more years to create more beautiful memories and pictures. So take MORE pictures and create MORE memories and stick it to 'em. "

You didn't deserve this, but everything happens for a reason. I am a very strong believer in karma so you can take a small bit of peace in knowing the people who did this are living atop a ticking time bomb of terrible times ahead. Hopefully they are found...but the chance is slim.

You may want to watch/notify local pawn shops of the stuff that was stolen...particularly about the haunted mansion bag. It's not a common item. Very easy to find. Look at Craigslist. Look on eBay.

Good luck hun

So sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel. I'm always thinking that the main things I would want to save from loss are photos (and my recipe book!)

I'm so sorry, I don't know what to say in this situation. I know people say they're just things, but they are things that mean a lot to you and there are a lot of memories there. I'm glad that you are both okay, and that the pups are good.

I hope that there is some justice.

sunnysideup3 --

Uh, no. That's not a DIS-safe word at all -- not used in that context!:rotfl2: I would change it.

ETA: I changed it for you!

Dani, I am so sorry this happend to you and Matt! I got a horrible pit in my stomach just reading your account of what happened - I can't imagine actually experiencing it! You two seem like such wonderful people and it totally STINKS that this happened. I'm so glad the dogs are okay. I'm praying that the thieves are caught and get their comeupance! People are just the worst sometimes...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter