That tri state travel ban to FL....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me for my ignorance... but need some clarification... If you live in one of the states that just announced this are they are saying once you leave FL you need to quarantine at home (in NY, CT/NJ) for 14 days? Or quarantine in FL for an additional 14 days after your trip has ended? I want to make sure one can leave FL after their trip and be able to quarantine at home for those 14 days... I hope this made sense

It’s home. They want to ensure if you catch it in Florida you are isolated at home and haven’t had a chance to spread it.

Ugh, feel for you guys, and hope disney doesn't end up pushing out their closing. Infection numbers don't tell the whole story. We currently have rising numbers in our area but it is not like New York at all. A lot of people getting the virus, but people aren't dying left and right. Hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and we just got added to the New York quarantine list. :mic: Our family knows several people who have tested positive with no symptoms, those who have, have had a really bad cough.

The requirement to take an additional 14 days of vacation at home before returning to work might have an impact on plan

California doesn't currently have a % positive rate high enough to make the cut.
It actually appears that the orders from NY NJ & CT only apply to non-residents. As in, if someone from NY goes to FL and comes back, they will not have to self-quarantine for 14 days. That said, as a NY'er, I would not go to FL right now...

Forgive me for my ignorance... but need some clarification... If you live in one of the states that just announced this are they are saying once you leave FL you need to quarantine at home (in NY, CT/NJ) for 14 days? Or quarantine in FL for an additional 14 days after your trip has ended? I want to make sure one can leave FL after their trip and be able to quarantine at home for those 14 days... I hope this made sense
Right now.. if your from trip state.. it would look like this IF you follow the advisory. Fly to Florida quarantine for 14 days > than your able to move about FL as much as you like. Fly back to tri-state quarantine for 14 days... Than free to do whatever in it state.

Ugh, feel for you guys, and hope disney doesn't end up pushing out their closing. Infection numbers don't tell the whole story. We currently have rising numbers in our area but it is not like New York at all. A lot of people getting the virus, but people aren't dying left and right. Hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and we just got added to the New York quarantine list. :mic: Our family knows several people who have tested positive with no symptoms, those who have, have had a really bad cough.
There's a significant lag between infection rates going up and deaths & hospitalizations.

I mean this not to be at all argumentative, but I am really concerned that people travelling to Disney World right now if these numbers hold out are putting their families in jeopardy. This is a really dangerous and deadly disease, and Florida looks really really bad right now.
My daughter's friend has been traveling back and forth between CT and Rhode Island to visit her father who is a cancer patient. Then she went to Florida and resumed her travels between CT and RI. Monday she tested positive for Covid. She has put her parents, extended family, boyfriend, roommates, and coworkers in danger because she thought that wearing a mask was silly and Covid 19 was nonsense. Now everyone that she has been in contact with...not including innocent strangers...are in quarantine. By the grace of God, my DD is smart and has only been FaceTiming her friends. Otherwise, our family would be in danger now too.

Florida had 5500 new cases today. A record high, and 27 percent higher than the previous record high! that was set just three days ago. This bears repeating, but if this continues, there is no way that Disney World can reopen on July 15th. We're effectively back to March all over again except now Florida is New York.

It doesn’t matter. Disney will reopen because of the economy. FL isn’t shutting down again until at least December. The incorrect narrative will be that FL is testing more, so that’s why you have more cases. This ignored the hospitalizations and positivity rates because they don’t fit that narrative.

If you go, prepare to take care of yourself.

You need to quarantine in FL for 14 days once you arrive, some where off WDW property. Then, when you return to NY, NJ or CT, you need to quarantine at home for another 14 days.

You need to quarantine in FL for 14 days once you arrive, some where off WDW property. Then, when you return to NY, NJ or CT, you need to quarantine at home for another 14 days.
This does not appear to be the case. The EO will apparently only apply to out of state residents. So somebody travelling from NY to a high spread area will not have to quarantine upon return. That seems illogical to me, but that is what is being reported.

Thanks for the info - I live in CO but the person coming with me on our trip in mid July is from NY... So he might not be coming now :(

From the new announcement ... if you live live in NY, NJ or CT, you can leave FL, but would have to quarantine at home for 14 days when you return.

EDIT: late to the punch ... as it looks like others have answered

Expect Florida to do everything they can for the numbers to “improve“. Besides that a week ago 3000 cases were considered peak then it was 4000 in a few days and now 5500. Next will be 6k or 10k.

Definitely expect Disney to alter its reopening strategy.

This does not appear to be the case. The EO will apparently only apply to out of state residents. So somebody travelling from NY to a high spread area will not have to quarantine upon return. That seems illogical to me, but that is what is being reported.

Cuomo's statement says "All individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID into NY, NJ or CT must self-quarantine for 14 days."

Where did you see that it only applies to out of state residents?

Cuomo's statement says "All individuals traveling from states with significant community spread of COVID into NY, NJ or CT must self-quarantine for 14 days."

Where did you see that it only applies to out of state residents?
NY times and a couple of other major media organizations, but you're right, until we see the text of the EO that he signs, we won't know. The EO's are posted here: https://www.governor.ny.gov/executiveorders

The new one isn't live yet so we'll have to wait and see.

It actually appears that the orders from NY NJ & CT only apply to non-residents. As in, if someone from NY goes to FL and comes back, they will not have to self-quarantine for 14 days. That said, as a NY'er, I would not go to FL right now...
It's not clear. Some reports suggest it only applies to visitors. The language suggests it applies to any individual coming from those states.

At this point, I’m very glad we made the decision not to go. It wasn’t based on the virus, at the time, it wasn’t jumping like this. But now, we would’ve definitely cancelled based on numbers alone. M not risking my family’s health to go on vacation. I can’t imagine traveling to FL and that’s with my state setting records daily as well.

Same here ! It's bittersweet because it would use been our longest trip to date (19 days) and had so many nice things planned - dessert party and cirque were already booked
Was for DD middle school graduation - the kids are upset - will be our first year not going to Disney since 1994 for me, and since 2006 and 2011 for my kids -
But this is not the Disney we know - (and we can have fun together anywhere ! )
But cancelling our house July trip was the right thing for us a this time - not even sure if I will book for 7/21 at this point !

I do wonder what this order (and possible EU restrictions) could mean for the NYCM. I know it isn't till November and things could change by then but it isn't looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter