That tri state travel ban to FL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFish3D

Earning My Ears
Assuming the Tri State travel ban into FL is still in effect (NY/NJ/CT) when the parks open - If you are from one of these states and have a trip coming up or there already at a resort post the following for info purposes only please. Originally there was a date that said it was to expire July 6th but it was supposedly extended indefinitely back on June 5th. There are many conflicting reports going around on people from these areas traveling to FL and what their experiences are with the 14 day quarantine enforcement.

My travel dates are:

I plan on cancelling/going anyway:

I was able to/plan on doing the 14 day quarantine in FL state before I arrive at Disney:

I arrived to FL by car/air:

If by air were you made to fill out a form yes/no:

If yes, were you questioned/detained further or just allowed to disembark:

Were you denied entrance on Magical Express?:

If by car was there a checkpoint at the 95 border yes/no:

If Yes what was your experience:

I did the quarantine requirement and was checked on by authorities yes/no:

If you made it to Disney property and check in – what did Disney do?

I am traveling soon and was confirmed on DMe...home address is Ny but coming from Charlotte.

Will post back once we go if there are issues of any kind.

My trip isn't until late August, so I'm just keeping an eye on things for now (the ban, how bad FL gets, etc.). I'm from MA but usually fly out of CT, so I may need to change to fly out of Logan if the ban persists.

I think the concerns will be the other way around soon. From a New York Times reporter on twitter:
BREAKING/NEW: NY, CT and NJ to impose quarantine-style restrictions on some visitors from FL and other high-infection #coronavirus states, per
@NYGovCuomo

yup seen that come across the wire - interesting to keep a watch on now from both sides now

Funny that California isn’t included in their quarantine when they have some of the highest daily numbers of any state currently.

How can any of it be reasonably enforced? Will they have authorities go around knocking on doors to check in and make sure you don't leave?

They won't be doing that but if through contact tracing they determine you were like.y the person who inifected others by not quarantine then you may get punished at that point and I suspect somebody who came back, didn't quarantine, and infected people they would want to make an example out of. Probably not worth the risk,

Florida had 5500 new cases today. A record high, and 27 percent higher than the previous record high! that was set just three days ago. This bears repeating, but if this continues, there is no way that Disney World can reopen on July 15th. We're effectively back to March all over again except now Florida is New York.

Florida had 5500 new cases today. A record high, and 27 percent higher than the previous record high! that was set just three days ago. This bears repeating, but if this continues, there is no way that Disney World can reopen on July 15th. We're effectively back to March all over again except now Florida is New York.

They will reopen.

Lots of people said they would never close in the first place too. It's just reality. There exists a threshold where they can't reopen, and if we're not already at that threshold, we are very very close.

True, but I don't see them delaying it at this point. I can see them reducing the capacity even further, though.

You're right, though. It was shocking for them to close in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter