Thanksgiving Week....Slim pickings

Are dining reservations open now at 5:45am?? I thought it was 6am so I will need to make sure I'm ready at 5:45am then?

Are dining reservations open now at 5:45am?? I thought it was 6am so I will need to make sure I'm ready at 5:45am then?
Remember that’s 5:45 Eastern!! I was up at that time on Tuesday for our dates, but my computer (the machine not Disney) had crapped out overnight and had to be rebooted. During that time the app was totally dead for me, and it was top of the hour before I could do anything at all. Over the course of an hour plus a little, I was able to get everything we wanted except Space 220. BUT it certainly wasn’t smooth. I was using both the web on my laptop and the app on my phone, and there was no rhyme or reason what showed up on which one. I also had the same credit card junk, bitter out completely and had to log back in, “cant load this page,” Space Mountain zipping around, and ever other error that everyone has mentioned. Only problem I didn’t have was canceling stuff when I found times that were better (and also no trouble cancelling one of the two dessert parties I accidentally booked on the same night—when you click and click a million times, sometimes you get confused!). So yeah, I’m not all that confident that Genie+ is gonna work as well as we’d want it to….good luck to all the rest of you in getting what you want. Keep checking!!

I got my California Grill reservation for Thanksgiving week. Looks like the whole week is already gone, though.

My experience a few days ago- I was online with Chrome and on the app before 5:45 am EST, but would not let me look at availability until exactly 6 am EST. Once it hit 6 am and zero seconds both worked without the glitches that I have read of so many experiencing. Maybe fewer people than normal were booking that morning, not sure.

I am not saying this to say it is 6 am and not 5:45 am- I'm sure it is to be 5:45 am, but for some reason my ADR day was 6 am

I was up early yesterday for our ADRs and we have a party of 8 (Thanksgiving week) I saw that until 6 am exactly, the website kept saying “no availability” even though it appeared our reservation window was open. Topolinos breakfast was already gone for the whole week, for any combination of people. I did manage to get two parties of 4 for Skipper Canteen and Brown Derby (I booked under 2 diff people) and a Yak n Yeti for 6 (my in laws don’t want to eat there). My biggest surprise was I got Oga’s for our party of 8. I was also able to book a party of 2 for Cali Grill. So I did get pretty lucky but it’s frustrating to not be able to book for 8 people. And Disney IT needs to get it together!!!

So what I found today for our thanksgiving week we’re there is Cali Grill opened up early for ADRs, I got mine at like 5:35am, but the rest of my week and other ADRs it didn’t “click in” until 6am on the dot. Kind of weird…..

So what I found today for our thanksgiving week we’re there is Cali Grill opened up early for ADRs, I got mine at like 5:35am, but the rest of my week and other ADRs it didn’t “click in” until 6am on the dot. Kind of weird…..
I am confused on the 60 day ADR! We are there for full Tgiving week (Nov 21-26), Deluxe resort stay clearly shows in MDE but I still can only book out until Tues Nov 23 as of this morning. However, I see posters stating they already have Tgiving day reservations. What am I doing wrong?! Thanks!

I am confused on the 60 day ADR! We are there for full Tgiving week (Nov 21-26), Deluxe resort stay clearly shows in MDE but I still can only book out until Tues Nov 23 as of this morning. However, I see posters stating they already have Tgiving day reservations. What am I doing wrong?! Thanks!

Are you doing a split stay? I had the same problem earlier this week and had to use two different computers and my phone to finally show all of my dates. It has been a mess....and there is very little availability. I think we will be doing most QS options this time around. Good luck!

FYI: Space opened up at 5:30 am and by 5:34 the site+app were both crashing and most slots were gone. Credit card info was not saved and had to be reinterred multiple times, but that’s been an issue for years for me (app was slightly better and sometimes had the info saved).

I just happened to wake up and refresh the discussion here and decided to refresh the dining page.

Are you doing a split stay? I had the same problem earlier this week and had to use two different computers and my phone to finally show all of my dates. It has been a mess....and there is very little availability. I think we will be doing most QS options this time around. Good luck!
Yes it is a split stay!! UGH> no clue there was an issue with that. Assumed it was still only allowing the 60 days. Tried on computer and app. Thanks for the information. Sounds like we will be out of luck. :mad:

Yes it is a split stay!! UGH> no clue there was an issue with that. Assumed it was still only allowing the 60 days. Tried on computer and app. Thanks for the information. Sounds like we will be out of luck. :mad:
So, ours is a split stay as well, one starting the 21st and one starting the 23rd. So, I was able to book some for the first stay, and then had to wait until today to book the rest. I do not want you to be discouraged!! At least now you know! Things seem to open a bit more for Friday-Sunday.

So, ours is a split stay as well, one starting the 21st and one starting the 23rd. So, I was able to book some for the first stay, and then had to wait until today to book the rest. I do not want you to be discouraged!! At least now you know! Things seem to open a bit more for Friday-Sunday.
Thanks, same dates with split stay for us! Still not showing to book on 24th and I have now tried 4 computers and app throughout this morning. Unfortunately we leave on Fri and my main concern was Tgiving day reservations which seem to be totally gone from what everyone is saying. Not sure how to fix this glitch! Anyone have any ideas? The MDE website support line states that it is not accepting any calls right now :( I've logged in and out several times, used different computers, etc.

Last edited:
Had a ton of trouble this morning with website not opening my full window and the app just kept saying "trouble loading the page," when I would click on a time. At 8:30, I finally logged in as my mother, whose going with us, and it opened perfectly and we got all our ADRs (including Space, Sci-Fi, and O'hana).

These glitches are flat out unacceptable. We are paying a ton of money for these vacations. For many of us, dining is a very important part of our trip. We can't book restaurants until long after we have booked flights and hotels and purchased park tickets (and extras like After Hours)--thus committing us to the trip. Yet, when it comes time to book meals, the system crashes and glitches like a last-minute middle school computer science project. And many of us--despite waking up before the crack of dawn and doing everything right--lose out on the ability to make the reservations that were so important to us in booking a Disney vacation in the first place. Unacceptable.

And soon, the Disney servers are going to be further overwhelmed by countless thousands of people trying to book virtual queues, make their first Genie+ reservations, and book IA$ rides, all at the exact same time--which is also in the heart of the dining booking window. Can't wait for that.

Come on, Disney. Get your #$%& together.

Confirmed what OP stated, really nothing left for Thanksgiving Day. Our booking window should have opened on Sun but due to our split stay glitch I had to wait until this am (since Disney web help was not taking calls and all others 2+ hr wait). So bummed as my 87 yr old mom will be with us for first time. Well, guess I will start stalking cancelations. Or hope that DVC offers their Thanksgiving special event, although highly unlikely given COVID.

Our window opened on Friday and it would not let me book anything until 6:00.

And as everyone else said there was really nothing available for the day before Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving Day.

Update for my ADR Day - got all wishlist items except Space 220 - i also have no clue what we're doing for arrival date (Thanksgiving) since available items aren't appealing OR not at a great time for our arrival. However, I'm going to keep checking availability since people say things tend to open up....probably unlikely for Space 220 OR something on Thanksgiving.

Update for my ADR Day - got all wishlist items except Space 220 - i also have no clue what we're doing for arrival date (Thanksgiving) since available items aren't appealing OR not at a great time for our arrival. However, I'm going to keep checking availability since people say things tend to open up....probably unlikely for Space 220 OR something on Thanksgiving.
Glad it worked out. Today was also our ADR day. We didn't get Thanksgiving day first choice (Garden Grill), 'Ohana for the 26th, or Sci-Fi for the 27th. We did get Brown Derby instead for the 27th and Garden Grill for the 29th but a little up in the air for Thu/Fri still.

And since people usually ask, nothing opened up until exactly 6am today. The phone app was useless (it kept showing available times but you could never book them) but the web site worked fine.

Glad it worked out. Today was also our ADR day. We didn't get Thanksgiving day first choice (Garden Grill), 'Ohana for the 26th, or Sci-Fi for the 27th. We did get Brown Derby instead for the 27th and Garden Grill for the 29th but a little up in the air for Thu/Fri still.

And since people usually ask, nothing opened up until exactly 6am today. The phone app was useless (it kept showing available times but you could never book them) but the web site worked fine.
Same experience. Right at 6 and using website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter