Thanksgiving report + pics

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
I’m tired so I’ll make this brief. Crowds were heavy when the gates opened. Indeed, the early entry line stretched all the way to the Christmas tree in the town square. I got to the rope about five minutes after guests began to pour in and it was already four deep.

Despite this, I was able to walk on to Dumbo (I usually don’t even try for PP these days). I rod Toad and then shuffled over to Buzz.

The scoreboard above the photo kiosks at the ride exit have been problematic for a few weeks now. In short, the top ten scores simply aren’t shown. It worked last Sunday but not on Wednesday or today. I rode four times before the line got prohibitively long. Only my first two score ls came through.

Crowds remain led heavy throughout the morning but, fortunately, I didn’t notice May ride closures… other than Space Mountain around 10:30.

The weather, incidentally, was perfect - right around 68 until the early afternoon. I spoke with a number of guests and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.

There’s a security CM with whom I’m acquainted who’s been there for 23 years. I saw today that she was awarded a blue legacy badge. I was pleased to see that. She’s always been pleasant and kind when I’ve spoken with her.

Some pics.
509320AF-2D45-47BF-BD5B-4C3F85823B7F.jpegC2351FAA-2079-4BD3-A598-B8FE0E15CA89.jpeg94129088-A044-4D20-9BE1-B1FF4E879EBE.jpeg0B330A45-67A3-4E60-8123-1C5538061346.jpeg2104ECFC-CCF2-485C-91AB-A58C1470A29B.jpegA6E78E12-6B55-4F8E-AA1C-790043A6F3CC.jpeg31AF948E-EBE7-413F-B85E-A350DD444DED.jpeg9C8BD59B-4478-4733-B081-B325B29EA4E0.jpeg42AF6267-9D34-4AA0-9E1A-A51AA0CD8045.jpegF6A95DE5-3A1F-4D10-93C6-233D05B6B156.jpeg

What time was the EE line back to the Christmas tree? It seems lIke if it’s that long… you’d lose a lot of the EE time! Thanks for the report!

Omg..love the Beatles pic..made my day! Can’t believe one week from today I’ll be waiting in that line…yippee.

Hope you are feeling better and have some energy back.

BTW…where is that little waterfall? I don’t remember seeing it before.

OMG, that castle pic is just too much! Thank you so much, that's made my day!!!

Yes, I'm old enough to have been around during the Beatles era. I might have been only 7 years old when I decided it, but I was going to marry Ringo, you know. I've always had a 'thing' for drummers.

Omg..love the Beatles pic..made my day! Can’t believe one week from today I’ll be waiting in that line…yippee.
If you’re there on the Sunday, keep an eye out for me and say hello if you see me :-).
Hope you are feeling better and have some energy back.
I am, thanks. Last Sunday I ran out of energy and had to leave at 11:30. Yesterday I felt fine when I left at around 2:00.
BTW…where is that little waterfall? I don’t remember seeing it before.
Yes, a lot of people wonder about that. It’s all the way in the back of Critter Country outside of Pooh’s Corner/to the left of the Winnie the Pooh ride exit.

OMG, that castle pic is just too much! Thank you so much, that's made my day!!!
Glad to hear it! :-).
Yes, I'm old enough to have been around during the Beatles era. I might have been only 7 years old when I decided it, but I was going to marry Ringo, you know. I've always had a 'thing' for drummers.
Interesting. I’ve never met Ringo but I’ve interviewed his recording engineer. Ringo has a home studio and this guy has recorded with him there many times.

Glad to hear it! :-).

Interesting. I’ve never met Ringo but I’ve interviewed his recording engineer. Ringo has a home studio and this guy has recorded with him there many times.
I just love that Beatles pic. Been a fan forever. Got to see Paul twice and Ringo once; it was an incredible feeling.

So there's some Beatles tribute band that performs at Disneyland? And they were headed off to get ready while visitors were being held behind the ropes before the park opening? It was a very cute photo!

I don’t know about Disneyland, but back in the day they had a Beatles tribute band at Epcot in the United Kingdom. They were fantastic.

Great pictures, especially nice to see you in front of the castle :)

The Beatles must have had to arrive really early to get that picture without anyone in the background. Maybe they did EE?

Anyone know where those Beatles lookalikes were headed? I googled and found reference to a group called Hard Day's Night that's done some shows in Downtown Disney in the past but couldn't find any reference to Beatles-style performances in Disneyland.

Anyone know where those Beatles lookalikes were headed? I googled and found reference to a group called Hard Day's Night that's done some shows in Downtown Disney in the past but couldn't find any reference to Beatles-style performances in Disneyland.
That's a photoshop. Those are the real Beatles.

Attachments

• abbey road.jpg
    abbey road.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter