Texas to open 100%

If masks made no difference we would have the same number of influenza cases as we do every other year...which we don't.
Do you have anything that says flu droplets are the same size as covid droplets? Is it possible for a mask to block flu particles easier than covid particles? I guess so, but I'm not a scientist. Maybe you are?
Instead of two masks, did these geniuses ever think to make existing masks twice as thick.
You do understand the "geniuses" making the masks are not the same ones advocating wearing two masks?

Which brings up a point... I've heard for a number of months now that "two layer" masks are better than one. So for those who say "people should wear two masks", are they referring to two single layer masks (so the same as wearing a double layer mask) or two double layer masks (so the equivalent of wearing four single layer masks)?

Do you have anything that says flu droplets are the same size as covid droplets? Is it possible for a mask to block flu particles easier than covid particles? I guess so, but I'm not a scientist. Maybe you are?

You do understand the "geniuses" making the masks are not the same ones advocating wearing two masks?

Which brings up a point... I've heard for a number of months now that "two layer" masks are better than one. So for those who say "people should wear two masks", are they referring to two single layer masks (so the same as wearing a double layer mask) or two double layer masks (so the equivalent of wearing four single layer masks)?

they were more referring to creating a tighter fit with 2 masks, but most purposely fine a looser fit since they aren’t as hot or as hard to breath in

they were more referring to creating a tighter fit with 2 masks, but most purposely fine a looser fit since they aren’t as hot or as hard to breath in
Huh?

You'd only get a tighter fit by wearing two masks if the outside mask is tighter. And it still doesn't answer my question.

Every region has its own rules and it varies depending on the severity of your region at any given time. So no, what you posted is not correct. There is currently a 40 page translated document that spells out the rules as they apply today. I’m not sure I can post that, but if you want to PM me I’d be happy to email you a copy.

The mask in car and adults not both being able to sit in the front were around the spring/summer last year, but we have changed literally every week so people are naturally afraid of breaking the rules. Or they ignore them completely, we have that crowd too. I’m not a local so try really hard to toe the line. We have only gone out together twice since then, once my spouse had to sit in the back, otherwise we don’t leave our compound I mean house.

They have already announced our region goes from Yellow to Orange on Monday so people will be rushing out to do whatever this weekend. That’s our reality.
Sorry you may have answered this in a previous post but where do you live

If you are in Texas, want a vax, and are willing to drive, message me. I know a small town that is scheduling anyone from anywhere. I was hoping my DD24 would be willing but in this big state, 4.5 hours was further than she’s willing to go. I have friends who don’t meet criteria who have driven though.
I’m ready to come from CA! Kidding...sort of 😉

I'm not a virologist but I am working on a couple of papers on this pandemic, related to species other than humans. Yes, influenza is caused by several pathogens in the Orthomyxovidae family which range in size from 100-120 nm and SARS-CoV-2 can be as small as 50 nm. There are other virus particles which are smaller but other than Zika, I think most of them only affect other species and can't be transferred to humans eg. Parvovirus is only 18-28 nm.

From what I understand, the advice to wear two masks is based on one disposable mask (which is 2 layers) not being sufficient to protect you or to protect others from you...N95 masks if fit properly still provide sufficient protection. But there is a lot more to how masks protect us than just the thickness. Health care workers are fit for N95 masks, and if a proper fit can't be obtained, they have to use an alternate mask. However, I have seen instructions on youtube to make a mask that is as effective as a properly fit N95 mask. Most are adding a filter -- coffee filters and shop towels for example. A mask doesn't have to be restrictive or uncomfortable to do it's job right -- it just needs to keep people from breathing each other's air. Personally, I prefer a pleated mask.

At this point, I would just like to see everyone wearing a mask when they are around others that aren't in their bubble, so if they're only willing to wear a disposable mask I think that's better than nothing. I don't think you need to wear a mask while taking a walk or driving your car. But it really is looking like you need to be masked while around several animal species and to be careful when entering wild areas. There is no evidence that SARS-CoV-2 has infected wild populations in North America but this is something we should try to avoid. Similarly, most farmers are taking precautions to protect their domestic animals until we know that they are safe from SARS-CoV-2.

Here in the States we have what we call the Bill of Rights tho. It’s actually pretty cool because they come from our Creator not from Government, cool story.
DazzlingPeriodicGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif

its double the layers, how could it be ‘no different’? I’ve only done it to make the other half happy since I’m the one out in the wild. Sorry, using a KN95 which is not as thick as the facial layer. Still makes it very hot and more restricted to breathe.

Also, as I was saying, going back to orange and of course people are recommending to go wild this weekend ahead of the new status...View attachment 560665
A KN95 is a very, very, very different mask than an N95 that you mentioned in the other post.

Though, at my hospital, when we see Covid positive patients or PUIs we have to wear a surgical mask over top of a fit tested N95, as well as goggles and a face shield, gloves and a gown. Its a little uncomfortable, but I'm often in the room for close to an hour or more at times and am fine.

CDC report admits "Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period.”

View attachment 560998

And what is the "reference period?"
Hint: You should read the whole article and try to understand it before insinuating this sentence means what you want it to mean. Let me guess, you pulled this from FB?

ok so what did you think you were showing with what you pasted?

Im showing exactly what the CDC stated:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report Friday in which it quietly admitted that the mask mandates in America were allegedly responsible for less than a 2 percent decrease in COVID case growth after ONE HUNDRED DAYS. But still the CDC advises wearing masks, despite their own numbers.

Im showing exactly what the CDC stated:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a report Friday in which it quietly admitted that the mask mandates in America were allegedly responsible for less than a 2 percent decrease in COVID case growth after ONE HUNDRED DAYS. But still the CDC advises wearing masks, despite their own numbers.

That's quite an interpretation.
Here's what I read:
Mask mandates were associated with statistically significant decreases in county-level daily COVID-19 case and death growth rates within 20 days of implementation. Allowing on-premises restaurant dining was associated with increases in county-level case and death growth rates within 41–80 days after reopening. State mask mandates and prohibiting on-premises dining at restaurants help limit potential exposure to SARS-CoV-2, reducing community transmission of COVID-19.

Again, since you haven't yet answered...what did you think you were saying when you wrote:
CDC report admits "Daily case and death growth rates before implementation of mask mandates were not statistically different from the reference period.”

That's quite an interpretation.
Here's what I read:
Mask mandates were associated with statistically significant decreases in county-level daily COVID-19 case and death growth rates within 20 days of implementation. Allowing on-premises restaurant dining was associated with increases in county-level case and death growth rates within 41–80 days after reopening. State mask mandates and prohibiting on-premises dining at restaurants help limit potential exposure to SARS-CoV-2, reducing community transmission of COVID-19.

Again, since you haven't yet answered...what did you think you were saying when you wrote:

I don’t consider 2% statistically significant. The reason I referenced the most current data released by CDC is bc the timing coincided with multiple States decisions to lift their mask mandates. My thoughts were this may have influenced their decision.

Days 1-20 -> 0.5 point decrease vs.
Days 20-100 -> 1.8 point decrease.

I don’t consider 2% statistically significant. The reason I referenced the most current data released by CDC is bc the timing coincided with multiple States decisions to lift their mask mandates. My thoughts were this may have influenced their decision.

Days 1-20 -> 0.5 point decrease vs.
Days 20-100 -> 1.8 point decrease.

View attachment 561009

I agree with you. For how much talk that masks would make such a huge difference they really didn’t. Which I think a lot of the public is starting to realize also, not all but many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter