Texas to open 100%

And yesterday or the day before, we had 1,700.

New case numbers alone mean nothing because our number of test result reports varies so widely from day to day (150,000 tests to 25,000 tests).

But we've been around 6% positivity for quite a while, and that's the number that matters.

If you want to look at positivity percentage then those numbers are even better than the case numbers in Florida.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/florida

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.13.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 6.13.48 PM.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 4

If you want to look at positivity percentage then those numbers are even better than the case numbers in Florida.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/florida
Right, but it's not a question of better or worse. It's a question of relevant or irrelevant.

The number of new cases reported on any given day is totally irrelevant without any context. Positivity rates, and especially positivity rates as a 1-2 week rolling average, give some meaning to the numbers.

New cases are used mostly as click-bait by the news media.

I have had one dose of the vaccine and I have already had Covid, so I am probably safe. I still don’t think that this is a good idea. There are supposed to be a lot more vaccinations in the next 6 weeks. Why can’t we wait 6 more weeks. Maybe the governor just wants us to forget about our major power failure during a freeze?

Better than my state New Jersey im sure we will be one of the last ones to get rid of the masks.

Right, but it's not a question of better or worse. It's a question of relevant or irrelevant.

The number of new cases reported on any given day is totally irrelevant without any context. Positivity rates, and especially positivity rates as a 1-2 week rolling average, give some meaning to the numbers.

New cases are used mostly as click-bait by the news media.

Agreed, which is why I referenced the rolling 7 day average case #s as well as the positivity percentage over several months. Florida has continued to see both numbers get consistently better without fail.

Florida has not lifted its mandate. In fact, out total of new cases is slowly creeping back up. Last week we were averaging around 4,000 new cases a day. Today, the total of new cases is 7,000.

Good luck,, Texas. If people could only hold out a few more months, we might actually get out of this.
Yesterday Florida 1,800 new cases....

Creeping back up? Whatever.....

Missouri actually hasn't had any state-wide restrictions since.... June? July? This includes on crowd size/capacity. Tehnically, we could have had a large indoor concert here, so long as people were six feet apart. However, Kansas City and St. Louis areas both have restrictions. There was never a statewide mask mandate, but there are mask mandates in St. Louis City, St. Louis County (St. Louis City proper isn't part of St. Louis County... just don't ask), I think Kansas City (but don't quote me on that) and a few other areas. I'm acutally surprised Missouri isn't worse with its numbers, but I guess the county level mandates have helped.

Yesterday Florida 1,800 new cases....

Creeping back up? Whatever.....

Daily cases don't really matter, that's why the 7 day average is a better figure to use. Some days are underreported and then some days they may release a ton of backdated tests, averaging it out helps account for all of this. Overall Florida #s continue to get much better.

Missouri actually hasn't had any state-wide restrictions since.... June? July? This includes on crowd size/capacity. Tehnically, we could have had a large indoor concert here, so long as people were six feet apart. However, Kansas City and St. Louis areas both have restrictions. There was never a statewide mask mandate, but there are mask mandates in St. Louis City, St. Louis County (St. Louis City proper isn't part of St. Louis County... just don't ask), I think Kansas City (but don't quote me on that) and a few other areas. I'm acutally surprised Missouri isn't worse with its numbers, but I guess the county level mandates have helped.
Yes KC has mask restrictions. KC just lifted most of the other restrictions though that were placed back on in the fall. Both sides of the state line in the KC metro have been following roughly each other

Let's just watch TX over the next month and see what happens. It's not like we're not already watching them since they had their snow storm.

My issue with this is the increased chance for mutations that will not stay within state lines. The current mutations are already more contagious meaning those still trying to stay safe (wearing masks, etc) have a higher chance catching it just going to the store (not everyone lives near or can afford grocery delivery).

This seems like pure distraction technique. Please pay no attention to our electric guild.

Have all Texas essential workers (teachers, medical, retail, food service, etc) been able to receive both doses of the vaccine?

My issue with this is the increased chance for mutations that will not stay within state lines. The current mutations are already more contagious meaning those still trying to stay safe (wearing masks, etc) have a higher chance catching it just going to the store (not everyone lives near or can afford grocery delivery).

This seems like pure distraction technique. Please pay no attention to our electric guild.

Have all Texas essential workers (teachers, medical, retail, food service, etc) been able to receive both doses of the vaccine?
So glad for this!!! :banana:
Mississippi joining the party as well. Let those dominos fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter