Texas to open 100%

Love it. I think Florida was the first

Florida has not lifted its mandate. In fact, out total of new cases is slowly creeping back up. Last week we were averaging around 4,000 new cases a day. Today, the total of new cases is 7,000.

Good luck,, Texas. If people could only hold out a few more months, we might actually get out of this.

I think right now, they are one of the lowest performing states on vaccination. Hopefully they can get that moving.
Texas was doing fine on vaccinations until Snowmageddon. That set us back at least a week. We will be back on track soon. My vaccination was delayed by 9 days because of the weather situation. If a state has essentially zero vaccinations for a week, that will hurt their stats.

I don’t understand why we can’t wait until late summer to lift when we might have herd vaccination. But I understand after living in SC my fellow residents don’t share my feelings. So I will continue to stay safe and masked and hope everyone else doesn’t ruin a return to normal for all as I really want my son to enjoy normal school next year.

Florida has not lifted its mandate. In fact, out total of new cases is slowly creeping back up. Last week we were averaging around 4,000 new cases a day. Today, the total of new cases is 7,000.

Good luck,, Texas. If people could only hold out a few more months, we might actually get out of this.
Lifting the mandate on March the 10th statewide in Florida has been delayed?

Cases in Florida are absolutely trending down, the 7 day moving average is 5,429, a week ago it was 5,914, a decrease of over 8% week to week. Cases are down about 70% since late January, and down quite a bit from the Super Bowl when the media said there would be a spike. Positivity percentage peaked at 16.1% in January and has steadily fallen to 6.2% since without a blip up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 5.50.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 5.50.36 PM.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 2
I just saw that the Houston Chronicle reported today that a new study finds that Houston is the first major city to record all major variants of Covid-19...Hopefully the positive news today about increased vaccine production will help to outpace...

Our DS and DDIL have received their first vaccines. They live in Houston and we are set to visit after Easter. I hate the thought of cancelling, as we have just begun to travel. We are on our first trip to WDW right now. I hope things go well for Texans.

And yesterday or the day before, we had 1,700.

New case numbers alone mean nothing because our number of test result reports varies so widely from day to day (150,000 tests to 25,000 tests).

But we've been around 6% positivity for quite a while, and that's the number that matters.

Around me on both sides of the state lines in the metro they lifted occupancy limits, closing times, and gathering limits for the most part and those were random out of the blue lifting BUT the masking stays and I'm cool with that.

IMO anywhere I think a stairstep approach where it's restrictions lifted and some stay might be the better one and I error on the side of thinking the masking is more important in the end so I'd want masking to be around for a longer time period. It's more so you can objectively study the results and with vaccinations going hand and hand kinda seems like a fair compromise lift some restrictions keep some for a while as the population grows in protection. But that's purely my opinion. We'll see what happens in my state as our state of emergency runs out presently March 31st and some are not eager to keep that going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter