Test Track Opinions

abidale

DIS Veteran
I am really finding myself missing the old Test Track. With the new version, they took out all the cool props and designs, made it all dark, and added neon lights. The storyline doesn't make sense anymore! The ride track doesn't connect with what the ride is "testing" of the car like it used to. I watched a video on YouTube of both versions side by side and it made me miss the old one even more! Plus, when I rode the new version, the create your own car didn't even work for us. The entire computer was down.
What do you guys think, though? I want to bring myself to like it!

I actually like the new ride. And they fixed all the glitches with the create your own car thing. But I do have to admit, the old one was a little better. But the new one is basically like the future, which fits the theme of Future World.

I actually like the new ride. And they fixed all the glitches with the create your own car thing. But I do have to admit, the old one was a little better. But the new one is basically like the future, which fits the theme of Future World.

Yay about the glitches! Hopefully it'll be working next month. That's a good way to put it about the Future World thing, the original didn't fit the futuristic theme as much. Thanks!

Honestly, I haven't been able to ride it yet, but I'm hearig mixed reactions.

I like it. It's the same track, just a few scenery changes. But you get to design your own car.

I preferred the old one; although the designing the car aspect is fun with friends.

I preferred the old one; although the designing the car aspect is fun with friends.

I like it. It's the same track, just a few scenery changes. But you get to design your own car.

Yeah, I think what I miss is the old narrations storyline and jokes! I loved the pre-show for some reason just like for some reason I love the DINOSAUR pre show. I'm excited to finally design my own car this time!

Honestly, I haven't been able to ride it yet, but I'm hearig mixed reactions.

I hope you like it when you get to ride it next!!

The ride design basically fits the story line of Tron. It's not too bad, but I also did like the original more than the new.. I mean it's still fun though!

I'm not a fan of the new Test Track. I loved the older one with all the cool road tests before going outside at high speeds. It's just not the same :/

I like them both but I really like designing my car. We had fun with that
Thought it was cool to see how our car compared with others.

The ride design basically fits the story line of Tron. It's not too bad, but I also did like the original more than the new.. I mean it's still fun though!

I completely agree, As soon as I rode it I thought it looked alot like Tron. I really miss the old one it made so much more sense.

I'm not a fan of the new Test Track. I loved the older one with all the cool road tests before going outside at high speeds. It's just not the same :/

Is it just me or does it seem they slowed it down too?

I miss the old version the story line was great sure it could have used an update, I would have made the test cars look more realistic and maybe updated the narration. now it just looks like what we thought the future looked like about ten years ago

I completely agree, As soon as I rode it I thought it looked alot like Tron. I really miss the old one it made so much more sense. Is it just me or does it seem they slowed it down too? I miss the old version the story line was great sure it could have used an update, I would have made the test cars look more realistic and maybe updated the narration. now it just looks like what we thought the future looked like about ten years ago

I thought it seemed slower too, actually. It probably isn't but the story line just fit so much better in the original! The storyline they have now just doesn't seem to fit and it's not really relevant to what's going on in the ride.

I completely agree, As soon as I rode it I thought it looked alot like Tron. I really miss the old one it made so much more sense.

Is it just me or does it seem they slowed it down too?

I miss the old version the story line was great sure it could have used an update, I would have made the test cars look more realistic and maybe updated the narration. now it just looks like what we thought the future looked like about ten years ago

I feel like the indoor part is definitely slower. Like in the old one before you go outside it would sped increase "10%....20%....etc" I feel like that part now is slower

I for one miss the old one. It was one of my faves!!!!!! You guys are right about the futuristic theme, but the old one made it feel like you were in a testing facility. Now, if they brought back the old one with the design a car? EPICNESS!:rotfl2:

I for one miss the old one. It was one of my faves!!!!!! You guys are right about the futuristic theme, but the old one made it feel like you were in a testing facility. Now, if they brought back the old one with the design a car? EPICNESS!:rotfl2:

This would be SO cool! That's definitely what they should have done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter