• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TERRIFIC TEN! A Birthday Celebration at the WORLD!!!!

I hate the tea cups too. ICK! I only agree to go if we work to NOT allow it to spin. :rotfl2:

We left the Space Mountain to look at what we wanted to do next...how about the People Mover? My "need for speed" family wasn't too impressed with it at first, but they eventually came along!

Hubby and Munchkin.
100_0988_zps2046124d.jpg

Nope. This pic is better. Super Pose!
100_0989_zpsf8000a0f.jpg

We finished riding this ride and wandered off to see some more sights. As you guys by now have noticed, we were all wearing some very important shirts! My hubby loves the Incredibles, and wanted us to dress up wearing the shirts together! We got them just before we left. Here we are in front of the castle!
100_0991_zpsc4c11ee2.jpg

And here we are! Ready to SAVE THE WORLD.
100_0992_zps2d4fc096.jpg

The kids needed a pic in front of the Mickey and Minnie trees...
100_0994_zps66300331.jpg

It was getting kind of hot at this point and so we decided we needed to see what was near the shops and cafés in the front of the park! I thought about buying one of these, but soon changed my mind. $12! For a balloon! Nah. I'm good.
100_0995_zpsee15e336.jpg

Though they are pretty!
100_0996_zpsa2e95638.jpg

We listened to music for a little while and I danced with my kids in the street!
100_0997_zps6353ab4e.jpg

We watched this lady make some amazing confectionaries....maybe we should go in?
100_0998_zps47034aff.jpg

Yeah! Let's go in! We want some sugar!
100_1000_zpsfbab738e.jpg

Of course, the kids got blue. It's better for staining clothes and teeth, you know.
100_1001_zps6db1df83.jpg

We wandered near the area where you can get fastpasses for the princesses and found that there was virtually no wait for Mickey! So we scuttled on in. I think the wait was about 5 minutes! ::yes:: I couldn't believe it. When does that happen?

I loved the scene setting in here! All his fancy clothes set out in his wardrobe...
100_1002_zps9d559953.jpg

And yeah! It's our turn! Fatdaddy and Munchkin get to him first. Strangely enough, Ladybug was a bit shy...don't know why???? :confused3
100_1003_zps4456cce7.jpg

But she eventually warmed up to him. Got a great big smile when he waved to her as she shyly approached and joined the picture.
100_1004_zps29109222.jpg

And of course I joined in. Cause I'm still a kid.
100_1005_zpse70d6826.jpg

After this, we decided to head on back to the condo for a brief nap. We were hungry and tired! We stopped by the good old subway for a quick, brief lunch! Yes. The kids ate pizza AGAIN. They ate pretty much what they wanted this vacation!
100_1006_zps6e91d915.jpg

And by the time we returned to our condo, it looked like this!
100_1007_zps79ce401c.jpg

Perfect timing in my opinion! We had a great nap to get ready for the rest of the evening. How did we spend the rest of our most magical day???

pixiedust:

I hate the tea cups too. ICK! I only agree to go if we work to NOT allow it to spin. :rotfl2:

sigh. i should have tried that with my own kiddies. they were only too happy to see how fast they could make it roll. hubby went with the munchkin and he was really in trouble! she spun it like it was going out of style... i hated to laugh at his green face, but it was too funny! :rotfl2:

What a great day at the MK, you got a lot done. Gotta love getting to the parks early! Love your facial expression on the tea cups! I know how you feel! Your family's Incredibles shirts are awesome! That is one of our favorite Disney movies too.

First- I LOVE your matching Incredibles shirts! Very cute! :thumbsup2

You are a nicer mom than I am… We haven't rode the teacups yet! :thumbsup2

I cannot wait for my oldest to ride Space and Thunder Mountains! She LOVED Splash Mountain on our last trip and so I told her that next year there are more "Mountains" to explore! :cool1: She's going to love it, but I just hope she doesn't chicken out.

I don't usually stop for the shows either, but they are adorable. I know my girls enjoy them. We've done it a few times for a few minutes here and there, but we've never stopped and waited for a show.

And HELLO on those crazy balloons…. They are so pricey, but I will say they last for freaking EVER. But If I can help it we won't buy another one!

Loving your report! You guys look like you had such a great time.

thanks! we really, really did. in the past, i did the commando thing, but this time we kinda meandered around with the lines app. TOTALLY worth it. i loved this approach much better than the commando visit! :cloud9:

What a great day at the MK, you got a lot done. Gotta love getting to the parks early! Love your facial expression on the tea cups! I know how you feel! Your family's Incredibles shirts are awesome! That is one of our favorite Disney movies too.

we really did! and that expression was real-- i didn't really want to do it, but motherhood called! :sad2: and the movie is one of our favorites too! we really wanted to see if we could get frozone symbol t-shirts but couldn't find any! he's my husband's favorite disney character! he is too funny. :rotfl:

First- I LOVE your matching Incredibles shirts! Very cute! :thumbsup2

You are a nicer mom than I am… We haven't rode the teacups yet! :thumbsup2

I cannot wait for my oldest to ride Space and Thunder Mountains! She LOVED Splash Mountain on our last trip and so I told her that next year there are more "Mountains" to explore! :cool1: She's going to love it, but I just hope she doesn't chicken out.

I don't usually stop for the shows either, but they are adorable. I know my girls enjoy them. We've done it a few times for a few minutes here and there, but we've never stopped and waited for a show.

And HELLO on those crazy balloons…. They are so pricey, but I will say they last for freaking EVER. But If I can help it we won't buy another one!

thanks! those shirts of ours got a lot of looks. i think on this trip we got more comments from folk about our matching shirts than i ever thought possible. we felt really cool after a while! :cool2:

the shows were great, and i'm glad that we stopped to see it, but i don't know that we will stop often because we like to hit the lines/attractions while folk are distracted!

and yes...the balloons are great but i think we'll leave them alone! the kids were impressed with them but didn't press because there was so much else to distract them.

After our nap, we decided to eat some leftovers and head back to MK. We needed to get back before 6 because we had FPs to see some princesses! When we got into the park we headed to the right and got right in line. Munchkin got the red card!

100_1010_zpsc55d8ea6.jpg

Fatdaddy was happy to be back in the park! Mid-blink!
100_1011_zps9eaaf747.jpg

Ladybug was happy too!
100_1012_zps3fc14620.jpg

The girls met up with Cinderella first, she was great! I liked her outfit better than the old one. It's much better in my humble opinion, more updated.
100_1015_zps11f7d711.jpg

My Fatdaddy was a perfect gentleman! I was so proud. ;)
100_1016_zps29d8139e.jpg

Aurora was next. She was pretty friendly and interacted well with the girls!
100_1017_zps419696c0.jpg

100_1018_zps9778fe04.jpg

Fatdaddy was hesitant to show Aurora his muscles, but she kept insisting...she was calling him Dash! He was secretly pleased! :)
100_1019_zps9830258c.jpg

Rapunzel was the best! Very fun, very interactive! Too cool. The girls really loved her! She is such a personable princess!
100_1020_zps5481dc21.jpg

100_1021_zps15414b71.jpg

100_1022_zps4446877a.jpg

Fatdaddy showed his "Dash" skills. Rapunzel was properly impressed.
100_1023_zps2040cd3e.jpg

But we needed to see one more princess! We headed out to Liberty Square. We needed to see our fav...Princess Tiana! The kids were estatic.
100_1025_zpsbb458441.jpg

100_1026_zpscbf525ce.jpg

100_1027_zpsa649179c.jpg

This person playing Tiana really overdid the southern accent thing, but I let it go. I think the one we saw last time was better!

Now. What next? Let's go get Zurg!
100_1028_zps7871b54c.jpg

My final score! Okay. Maybe it wasn't great, but hey, it's a start!
100_1030_zpsc12da70e.jpg

Hubby and two kids. Look at my hubby's face!!! He is REALLY taking this seriously!
100_1032_zps8cf244eb.jpg

Me too! Faces are crazy. I now remember that I put on my poncho due to drizzle. Juuuuuussssttt making sure!
100_1035_zps9df6cfae.jpg

Next, we decided to try the new Mermaid ride. It had begun to rain and folk were leaving the park! Sweet. Not a problem to us, because we were poncho'd up. In my experience, staying at the parks in the rain makes for an easy visit--no wait! We got onto the ride without a wait. The interactive part was really cool, but we didn't really linger. We hopped onto our "clamshell".
100_1037_zpsd502b75e.jpg

Ariel! This was one of the rooms that we went in...I think it's the one with all the sea creatures singing along "under the sea"!
100_1039_zps465736b7.jpg

Ursula! Spoooookkkyyyy!
100_1040_zps7db95ce9.jpg

A pretty good ride. Will probably be back, but I don't think I'll do it if there's a long line. The queue area was LONG, and I'm sure it would take too long if stand-by was the only option.

What next??? To be cont'd....

After a short bio break, we moved onto the Barnstormer...let's see if Goofy can fly us around a bit! Again, a walk on! By this time, the rain had stopped. Sweet!
100_1041_zps09e20d6e.jpg

Hubby frowned at the small cars...you'll fit, honey!
100_1042_zps395be751.jpg

Going onto the Haunted Mansion next! Let's do it! Can't go to the MK without seeing the Haunted Mansion! These two weren't so sure, but decided to make faces to ward off any wandering ghosts...
100_1043_zps8a0345a8.jpg

Munchkin had no such compulsions. She wanted to bring it all on! My fearless child.
100_1045_zpsae33a9b8.jpg

Munchkin took this pic...feelin' great! I love the Haunted Mansion! One of these days, I want to visit the MK for Halloween...I bet it's awesome!
100_1046_zps4db83a6f.jpg

I watched the tombstones for a bit...love the interaction and the spookiness! Can't beat the fun here. Sigh. I love Disney!
100_1047_zps7d700030.jpg

Watch out! Get back!
100_1048_zpsdc712f7c.jpg

Fun! I loved it as usual! The kids actually had a great time again. I think the little ones won't do it again, but I was glad they had done it once. What shall we do to finish up the night???

I love this fountain. It is such a sweet reminder of the fantasy within MK.
100_1049_zps49ffd513.jpg

We entered a nearby gift shop near the fountain. There were many cute princess dresses. I found a suitable chair for myself...
100_1050_zpsb07afbf0.jpg

A CM noticed Munchkin's pin. She offered pixie dust on her hair...I was iffy. Don't feel like trying to wash all this out tonight! Just a pinch please! Munchkin was excited!
100_1051_zps37f6db10.jpg

Fatdaddy found something to play with....
100_1054_zps784cf1eb.jpg

I decided to challenge him! Have at thee!
100_1053_zps951ef95a.jpg

Ooooooo!!!! Remember this?
100_1055_zps74fb5f21.jpg

We meandered out. It was time for the Wishes show! I won't bother to show you any pix because they are very BAD. But! You know what it looks like. After the show, we headed off to the mono. We were getting tired, and bedtime was quickly approaching. We had had a great day in the Magic Kingdom, and we were deeply grateful--though sleepy! :grouphug:
100_1060_zps6c243b43.jpg

Sounds like you had AWESOME princess interaction! They all look so beautiful!

Does going through the Haunted Mansion queue at night seem spookier than during the day time? I've never ever ridden it when it was dark out, so I'd LOVE to experience that!

Phenomenal updates! Looking forward to more!

Sounds like you had AWESOME princess interaction! They all look so beautiful!

Does going through the Haunted Mansion queue at night seem spookier than during the day time? I've never ever ridden it when it was dark out, so I'd LOVE to experience that!

Phenomenal updates! Looking forward to more!

You know what? Good question. I certainly thought so, but I'm a complete weenie. I enjoyed the difference--I think you really notice it in the exterior interactive queue! It`s easier to forget it's all just for fun for weenies like me. Not for the oldest though, she was fearless! Sooooo not like me! ;)

I love it when you have a good interaction with the princesses! I think Tiana has the prettiest dress of them all though. I like them all, but her's really is the most imaginative and creative.

Pizza and kids! Sigh… at least it's food, right?! :rotfl:

We haven't dealt with much rain while in the parks, thank goodness, but I think that's because we go when it's cooler. I'll have to see if our luck continues in the Spring!

I love it when you have a good interaction with the princesses! I think Tiana has the prettiest dress of them all though. I like them all, but her's really is the most imaginative and creative.

Pizza and kids! Sigh… at least it's food, right?! :rotfl:

We haven't dealt with much rain while in the parks, thank goodness, but I think that's because we go when it's cooler. I'll have to see if our luck continues in the Spring!

you know, one visit i would like to go during the cooler months...december through march. i can't find the time to get there though since those are prime teaching months and i'm sure i would feel bad taking off during such a critical point in my students' learning. maybe in december before christmas i'll give it a whirl, but again, my hubby may not want to go---will have to see if i can scrounge up some girlfriends and their kids and do a mom and kids trip! thinking about it...the funny thing is hubby would regret not going after we left, i'm sure of it. he always says he'll be fine and then changes his mind at the eleventh hour! he's always come through with the disney trips, so maybe it would be different...i don't know. will see one day!:)

You had an awesome, full day at the MK! Wishes is the perfect end to a magical evening! I would also love to go to Disney in the fall during the F&W Festival or in November or December for the holiday decorations and festivities, but those times of the year never seem to work out for us as ideal times to go either. Maybe one day some pixie dust will sprinkle our way for us to be able to go during one of those times.

That Auroa is the same girl we had as cinderella at CRt with the crazy eyes!

Wow! I have been REALLY absent. Sorry for such a long hiatus. Been so busy getting ready for finals at school (where I teach) and finals with grad school (where I attend!) that I have let this trip report slide off into a desert of nowhere.....forgive me. I will try to finish up this trip report now that things have let up just a little bit, and if anyone is still with me/interested I am thankful. :thumbsup2

Wow! I have been REALLY absent. Sorry for such a long hiatus. Been so busy getting ready for finals at school (where I teach) and finals with grad school (where I attend!) that I have let this trip report slide off into a desert of nowhere.....forgive me. I will try to finish up this trip report now that things have let up just a little bit, and if anyone is still with me/interested I am thankful. :thumbsup2

take your time! Just to let you know.. Early 2015 rates for DCL are out, but only till April.

So when I last left off, we were finishing our evening at the MK. We had had a great day filled with all sorts of activities that we wanted to do, at our leisure. This next day, we decided to go back DOWNTOWN after we strolled around our resort a bit. Took a quick pic....

Me and DH in the shopping area of the resort. Not a great pic, but I loved the foliage!
100_1065_zps5c422031.jpg

We got into the car and headed off. Instead of doing the parks everyday like the last visit, we had decided that this time we would just take it easy. Every park visit day was interrupted by a non-park day. I have to say that this worked much better for my family and no one was grumpy, tired, or out of sorts. When I am alone or with another adult Disney fanatic (like me!) perhaps I'll try the commando thing again. I was able to put my eagerness to rest and enjoyed the vacation better overall.

Arrival! Not sure why Fatdaddy is frowning....maybe tired of all the pix??
100_1066_zpsca09393e.jpg

Loved this mural on the Disney Quest. Next time we will go here (read THE KIDS).
100_1068_zpsa1488279.jpg

And me, I will go here! A necessity for any French teacher....
100_1069_zps6dadd955.jpg

Deserted! I love going to Downtown Disney during the day. It is usually a ghost town (except the weekends!) and the crowds are virtually non-existent.
100_1070_zps63acd9e4.jpg

100_1073_zps485e60c7.jpg

It was rainy and we were hungry. We had gotten up rather late and wanted lunch. Where shall we go? What about here?
100_1071_zps64742ba5.jpg

Yeah. Let's go here.
100_1074_zps47905397.jpg

The last time we were here, it was a hit for our family. The food was good, atmosphere was good, and I absolutely loved the decor. Being a French Louisiana girl, I enjoyed everything about it. I mean, looka all them shooooooeeessss!!!
100_1075_zps9ab7a74f.jpg

We signed in--no real wait! Awesome.
100_1076_zps0173acd6.jpg

Ceiling decor....neat! Ladybug liked all the circles--she kept looking at them the whole time.
100_1077_zps85413080.jpg

100_1078_zps96d6d166.jpg

Munchkin loved looking at the details. Here she's scrutinizing some painting upon the wall....such concentration.
100_1079_zps4c1a1c4d.jpg

Hubby just wants to eat. And make the kids laugh. And embarrass me.
100_1080_zpse44a9699.jpg

So how did it go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter