Ten...nine...eight...seven...six...five?...four?...three...two...one...

Your still here?? I thought you would be long gone my now (tee hee)

Beach combing should be good, with all the waves.

Hi Cruise,

I have no idea if this is what you're looking for at all, but there's a local place (read, the locals eat there) pretty near the traffic circle by the entrance to Sea Pines called the Sea Shack. It was a little hard to find, looks like it's in an office building, but it was excellent seafood and really inexpensive. No ambiance, we're talking diner-ish, food on paper plates, but we went when it was pouring out on a Tuesday night and the lines was still out the door and people were waiting in the rain in the parking lot. You choose the kind of seafood and how it's prepared and the sides, so not the traditional menu, but it was great. Many, many people were just getting it to go, and the line moved pretty well.

I got fried shrimp and fish, came with hushpuppies, salad, and corn (other choices as well, but that's what I got) for about $10, my husband got a blackened tuna salad for $9-10. It was enough to share with our kids, and it was all good.

We've paid twice that much for pretty terrible seafood at HH, so we were very happy to find it, especially if we were just picking up food to go. As I said, this is not the place to go for a romantic evening, LOL, very low brow, but we liked it.

And on a totally different food topic, we always like Kurama, also near the traffic circle. It's just a basic Japanese Steakhouse, but they have sushi as well as hibachi, and it's always good. The chefs are pretty animated and friendly too.

Have a great time - I'm jealous!

I'm looking atthe map.

Do I want to stay on I95 until I get to 278 in Hardeeville or is it shorter/faster to take 462 to 170 to 278?

If we take a side trip to Savanah, is it better to go via I95 or 46/170/17.

Here's the weather forecast Weather.com :smooth:

We have always gone thru Hardeeville.

Are you all packed?? Dont forget extra sponges if your so inclined!

Whatever you do, my friend, stay on 95 until 278. I think it's exit 2 or 7 or something - whatever it is, it's a single digit exit. The other option, which will actually have a sign saying, "Go this way to Hilton Head, you trusting fool" is actually a call to something so evil and sinister, you'll wish you never embarked on the journey!

Okay, really, this may be fine sometimes, but the one time we tried it, it cost us at least an extra hour. My dh is still hearing about it :rotfl: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter