Ten...nine...eight...seven...six...five?...four?...three...two...one...

cruise-o-matic

DVC..............Wannabe, DVC..............Gonna
Ten days until our 1st trip home to HH. This will be our 17th Anniversary and haven't been since our honeymoon. Ran into a scheduling conflict with our babysitting service...FIL's 50th HS Reunion is that weekend, so DD8 will now be going with us.

What is one "must do" and one "must dinner"?

Thanks.

I am not familiar with HH but I just wanted to say congrats and have a great trip!

You will still have an excellent time with DD with you. BTW-We celebrated one of our anniversaries of Chuck & Cheese with the kids! It was the only place we could find a quiet table (because they would be up playing!). :rotfl2:

Ahhh...only eight more days...

Where's the best place to get great seafood and who has the best dolphin cruise....I just hope it's not the same place :wizard:

Just got back from our happy place. Never regret making this our Home years ago. We just celebrated our 15th with a trip to the World and HHI and honestly miss HHI more.

Must Do? Be sure to do alot of nothing. Well, more specifically, you will have to spend time sitting on the beach, in the hot tub, on your balcony, at the pool, floating around, etc. That's a whole lot of nothing and how we fill our time in HHI. Since DD8 is going, do some crabbing off the pier, and by all means do the beach walk with the Naturalist - Suzanne, and the Marsh walk and Owl program. Also be sure to meet B'Lou Crabbe and hear his ghost stories ans see his magic act. Oh, do the campfires (I Said a Boom Chicka Boom) and meet Shadow on Thursday mornings.

If she's up for it, you can sign her up for a night out with the cast members and enjoy a quiet dinner, or take her to a couple of the great restaurants!

So there you are, a whole lot of nothing to be done for sure!

Wish we were still there...

Here are a couple of threads I started at the begining of the summer. I think you will find them helpful.

The first... Hilton Head Lovers.... This thread also contains a link to a HHI Restruant thread that you might find helpful!

ANd the second is my live thread from this summer...

LIVE from HHI!

Laura...thanks for the links....

...As I explained to DD earlier, just 7 more bedtimes until we are in HH...

WoooHooo...Post #1,000 :cool1:

Man o man am I jealous of you! lol

Happy Anniversary!!! Even with a child along, I bet you and hubby can find some special time. Maybe even nice late night snuggle on the couch would fit the bill in a place where you can totally relax and have a few moments to share with each other. Sometimes just quiet in a place I love (which is pretty much ANY beach setting) is all I need to feel so refreshed and ready to face the world again...if I could get hubby to love the beach 1/2 as much I would be in hog heaven.

There are children's programs there. Is she one of those kids that is comfortable enough to go to something like that while you and hubby go to dinner? (one of mine is and one isn't lol)

Have fun on your trip!

Laura

lllovell said:
Man o man am I jealous of you! lol

Happy Anniversary!!! Even with a child along, I bet you and hubby can find some special time. Maybe even nice late night snuggle on the couch would fit the bill in a place where you can totally relax and have a few moments to share with each other. Sometimes just quiet in a place I love (which is pretty much ANY beach setting) is all I need to feel so refreshed and ready to face the world again...if I could get hubby to love the beach 1/2 as much I would be in hog heaven.

There are children's programs there. Is she one of those kids that is comfortable enough to go to something like that while you and hubby go to dinner? (one of mine is and one isn't lol)

Have fun on your trip!

Laura

...uh, Laura....I am the hubby :wave2:

cruise-o-matic said:
I wish Ophelia would go back out to sea.... :(
((((((Hugs)))))

On the upside, there will be a nice surf on the beach. Bring those boogie boards.

Laurabearz said:
Here are a couple of threads I started at the begining of the summer. I think you will find them helpful.

The first... Hilton Head Lovers.... This thread also contains a link to a HHI Restruant thread that you might find helpful!

ANd the second is my live thread from this summer...

LIVE from HHI!

Thanks for the links. I skimmed through your live thread and checked out some of the restaurants on your HHI lovers thread...I don't have the time now to go thru all 10 pages. Probably do a lot of R&R....

cruise-o-matic said:
Probably do a lot of R&R....
When you check in they give you the weeks activities. That is really the only plan you need. Look thru it, sign up right away for the things you want to do, but make note, some things (like the unbirthday party) can only be signed up for the day before. Most though take reservations for the whole week.

I also suggest skimming the restruant thread and cutting and pasting the reviews that sound good to you in an email, and printing it out. That way if on Tuesday you have a craving for seafood, you can consult the list then and there and go with the flow.

It looks like Ophelia may hit near HH... :confused3 ...but before we are scheduled to leave. Appears, we may have to drive through it Wednesday morning though...

Hi c-o-m - I'm jealous of your impending trip, Ophelia or not!

You can click on my HHI trip report, listed in my siggie, although like the links Laurabearz gave, it's a bit long!

Hmmm... Must-do? Definitely let your child do a kids-night-out! Ours really enjoyed it! While ours were off seeing a movie (they fed them Papa John's pizza and took them to a theater nearby to see Sky High) DH and I enjoyed dinner out to celebrate our 15th anniversary. We went to Scott's - it was nice. Excellent scallops! What the kids really liked about doing this was meeting other kids they then played with the rest of our stay! And also the CMs were really good to them. For the same reason, DO the campfires, even if it means you will be singing dorky camp songs for the next 5 weeks! Good smores!

Bike riding was great -- it is an easy, fun ride to the beach house, too. We liked going there in the evening, after it had basically cleared out. THe beach is empty then -- you can get some nice photos!

I keep hearing great things about Santa Fe cafe -- wedid not go there, but a colleague has a condo in Shelter Cove and insists it is lightyears ahead of San Miguel's (which we did dine in and thought was ok).

DO have lunch at Signal's at the beach house. It's not that the food is so "special" - it's stnadard burger/sandwich/fires type fare. But my son was right -- that sort of food -- ANY sort of food -- just tastes BETTER there!

ENJOY! :teeth:

Well it looks like Ophelia is not longer a threat to HHI....Thanks for post that update JimMIA...

Of course we don't want it to hit the Outer Banks either....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter