Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Personal guess: the Sept 23rd onwards standby lines is going to A-B Test which way will work better for IA$ profitability. Better 1) keep VQs going + IA$ or 2) change to Standby lines + IA$.

We are only visiting the parks for 4 days. What would be the best strategy? As I’ve previously stated, I was going to ditch my reservations for 9/22 to try a day by day BG. Now, I have the option of keeping my 9/22 reservation and if not successful with VQ, just go on 9/23 as a standby. I was also thinking of ditching MK and doing 2 days at DHS, in case I had to spend one day standing in line and 1 day riding everything else. I only have 4 day park passes, non hopper. These are left over from 2020 and it cost a bundle to convert the other passes to next year. (The passes for the rest of our family who have chosen to wait until 2022 to go the WDW)

So I’m going mid-October. I have never done RotR and was really looking forward to it. Now, if I have to wait in a 3 hour line, well, that just ain’t happening.
I’m just so tired of Disney moving the goalpost.

Note: I have not ridden RotR so only have other people's comments to compare it.

Flight of Passage is a great ride but not RotR. Wait times for FoP often reached close to 6 hours when the ride first opened according to Thrill Seeker.

It will be interesting to see on Sep 23rd how long people are willing to wait to ride RotR and, when the standby line will fill for the day and guests will no longer be allowed to join. I can't help but think this will happen with the standby only option and, where will they put all the people waiting in line? I cannot begin to imagine how long the standby line will be.

This has got to be relative to the Genie+ fee for lighting lane. Too close to roll out to be coincidental. After all, you need to have a line in order to bypass it, right?

So I’m going mid-October. I have never done RotR and was really looking forward to it. Now, if I have to wait in a 3 hour line, well, that just ain’t happening.
Maybe this is wishful thinking, but perhaps ROTR has been open long enough that many people have already had a chance to ride it at least once, so the standby line **may** be more manageable than, say FOP was when it first opened. I know personally I've ridden Rise several times, so on my next trip in Nov I would have definitely tried to get a BG and ride again, but no way I will wait in a standby line to repeat it. Just my thoughts.

Just wanted to thank all the moderators on this board. Followed all the advice (time.gov, cellular instead of hotel WiFi) and got BG 3 for RoR on 9/15 with my daughter. Got in Smugglers Run twice before we were called. Couldn’t have gone smoother. I for one thought this virtual reservation process worked great and would have seriously hesitated waiting on standby (even on a low crowd day). Thanks again.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, but perhaps ROTR has been open long enough that many people have already had a chance to ride it at least once, so the standby line **may** be more manageable than, say FOP was when it first opened. I know personally I've ridden Rise several times, so on my next trip in Nov I would have definitely tried to get a BG and ride again, but no way I will wait in a standby line to repeat it. Just my thoughts.
Same here - we've ridden several times, and I was thinking we wouldn't even try for a BG on our next visit. If standby is over 45 minutes next time, we won't get in the line. It's an amazing experience, but not worth that long of a wait for me.

by mid Oct, you'll most likely have the option to pay for RotR with limited wait time.....FUN right? :genie:

Thanks for all the tips, although we only have a few more days left...

First time trying the boarding groups... got group 4!

Ready for a great day!
Did you use the refresh method? Or did the button just turn blue at 7? (Going to be trying in 4 days). Happy you did so well; enjoy your day!

No luck for me this morning… looks like I’ll try for the 1pm groups. Anyone have any luck with those lately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter